Wow Ben Askren really hates Rory.

lol @ Mike Ricci talking about Askren being boring when all of his UFC fights were some of the worst fights ive ever seen

TS quit white knighting Rory, who cares. Askren would dominate him anyway like Maia would have done if he didnt gas out.

Rory's takedown D worse than some 7th graders I coach.

Fucking lol. I love Askren

Askren is not a small guy and is a way better wrestler than Maia, Plus he won't gas like Maia did.

met him. He's definitely a small welterweight. Looked like he probably requires a very small cut. His frame in general wasn't even big.

That said, I like Askren. I think Dana fucked up not signing the guy. I want to see the best in the world compete against each other. I think Askren's wrestling is so weird but insanely effective, I definitely consider him a top 10 welterweight right now. Of course that talent may squandered fighting in promotions that cannot produce legit challenges.

We'll find out. He'll get some takedowns, don't know about 'at will'.

Seriously? Rory isn't Condit. Hell even Diaz stopped a few GSP takedowns. And he's gonna dominate Woodley. Lawler, Hendricks and Rory are the 3 best WW's.

rory would beat the crap out of him. he is to weak to even get to ufc

lol @ Mike Ricci talking about Askren being boring when all of his UFC fights were some of the worst fights ive ever seen

It's funny that he's saying he would fight Askren, if Colton Smith was able to control Ricci on the ground there is no doubt that Askren could do the same

Why does Askren get judged by the Herion fight so much.You can pick a fight from basically all the greats where they had a sub par performance.

It's the amount of hype he gets that's why. The guy gets pushed hard but Askren would dominate him

Meh

Now that he Twittered himself to Asia I guess it helps him pass the time. I would love to see in like 20 years a list of athletes, celebs, influential businessmen, politicians, etc that messed up their careers and/or reputations because of social media. The politicians it has taken down alone from the Mayor of Detroit to guys sending pics of their junk is pretty long already.

This particular story obviously isn't an example but made me think about how him slamming his potential future boss and trying to publicly run a game on him with Rebney was pretty damn stupid. This is probably more about him trying to stay relevant. Or maybe just meaningless shit talk, who knows? But there should be an IQ test to use social media!

TS quit white knighting Rory, who cares. Askren would dominate him anyway like Maia would have done if he didnt gas out.

Dumbest thing I've read. Seriously people talk about the Rory hype, but his hate is way worse. Askren would get his ass whopped.
Maia took down Chael Sonnen, and matched Munoz and Weidman on the feet.

Askren is not a small guy and is a way better wrestler than Maia, Plus he won't gas like Maia did.

He's like 170 and doesn't cut weight. And he may have better wrestling technique than Maia, but he wouldn't be as effective against the same guys

Why didn't Dana pick him up? He's like a better, WW version of Sonnen with skills.

Seriously? Rory isn't Condit. Hell even Diaz stopped a few GSP takedowns. And he's gonna dominate Woodley. Lawler, Hendricks and Rory are the 3 best WW's.

I'm seeing some cracks in Rory's armor regarding the mental game. Don't feel very strongly picking him over many top guys at this point.

Askren beats Rory lol askren is IMO garbage a decent wrestler that is it he can not hold Rory down he is not good enough to sub Rory also can't out strike him so u tell me how he beats rory. People on this site act like high lv are gods. Did u guys ever wounded y mma espicaly ufc gear there rules to favor wrestlers look at pride u add a few rules to help strikers and all the sudden wrestling does not matter as much also add small joint manipulation and wrestling is no longer a facto and guys like askren are unemployed

He's like 170 and doesn't cut weight. And he may have better wrestling technique than Maia, but he wouldn't be as effective against the same guys

He may have better wrestking? Try he does and he has better wrestling than anyone in mma u idiot.

Rory would humiliate Askren but who are we kidding: he is never leaving bum-ville.

Why does Askren get judged by the Herion fight so much.You can pick a fight from basically all the greats where they had a sub par performance.

I believe it's because Heiron's the most experienced and arguably best fighter Askren fought, and he ended his career 0-4 in the UFC. Heiron was the first opponent Askren fought who's fought in bigger promotions. Everyone else was moving up to Bellator, while Heiron's fought for Affliction, Strikeforce, the UFC...

And Heiron fought him to a split decision. A "UFC Reject" gave the "unstoppable" Ben Askren his toughest fight and brought him the closest he's been to losing.

That's why people refer to the Heiron fight so much. If Askren struggled with Jay Heiron as much as he did, how much will he struggle against guys who can get a win in the UFC, or against the Top 10-15, or against the Top 5?

I'm not saying whether they should judge Askren as much by that fight or not, I'm just saying why people do judge Askren by that fight.

Back