Wow Ben Askren really hates Rory.

You mean non sequitur lol

Please learn to spell the insults you use :) <3

Meh, spelling is overrated. I'll be sure to spell it correctly for you in the future if only you'd promise not to commit obvious logical fallacies. The question remains, however, if you can grasp why it was a non sequitur in the first place. Also, why do you keep responding to me if you can't even be bothered to read a short paragraph? Several discrete posts are quickly eclipsing what you called "a wall of text."

There are a couple of manufactured elements. One is being disrespectful out of the blue, although you may call it "brash" or whatever. Second, it's towards someone that probably doesn't give two shits about him or have anything to do with him directly. It is his way of trying to create something that didn't exist before. If he just thought, "hey I'm better than other guys in the UFC," he could/would state it in a different and more general way than focusing so heavily on a single fighter. Third is the obvious hyperbole of comparing Rory to a seventh grade wrestler.

In wrestling as heard on the video he said about his NCAA semifinal matchup "I was bored out of my mind, that guy couldn't take me down if his life depended on it" He didn't have anything to gain from saying that in terms of money or contracts, he just has an ego and no filter. Which for some of us (me) makes him highly entertaining to listen to speak.

Dana started with the fighting words and actions before Askren did, so he took shots at their champ GSP like some other champs of other orgs in the past who got instant title shots, he felt he deserved his. It became clear that wasn't going to happen, so he pin pointed a high level fighter he had the utmost confidence of beating in Rory and began to target him because Dana seemed to think Rory was awesome at the time and he wanted to show he was better than the top guys of an organization that Dana was claiming he wasn't good enough to get in. It is a shame that, that alone wasn't enough to get him in, and that he had to offer to accept no money if he lost to Rory to try and get people from the MMA community that had otherwise ignored him to take interest. But that's just a calculated risk and move to build interest in him from the MMA community. It's self-promotion and risk taking with nothing fake about it, to me that should be applauded not looked down upon.

P.S. trash talking can be fun sometimes, nobody actually believes that he has the wrestling skills of a 7th grader, he is just implying he isn't impressed by his wrestling.

In wrestling as heard on the video he said about his NCAA semifinal matchup "I was bored out of my mind, that guy couldn't take me down if his life depended on it" He didn't have anything to gain from saying that in terms of money or contracts, he just has an ego and no filter. Which for some of us (me) makes him highly entertaining to listen to speak.

Dana started with the fighting words and actions before Askren did, so he took shots at their champ GSP like some other champs of other orgs in the past who got instant title shots, he felt he deserved his. It became clear that wasn't going to happen, so he pin pointed a high level fighter he had the utmost confidence of beating in Rory and began to target him because Dana seemed to think Rory was awesome at the time and he wanted to show he was better than the top guys of an organization that Dana was claiming he wasn't good enough to get in. It is a shame that, that alone wasn't enough to get him in, and that he had to offer to accept no money if he lost to Rory to try and get people from the MMA community that had otherwise ignored him to take interest. But that's just a calculated risk and move to build interest in him from the MMA community. It's self-promotion and risk taking with nothing fake about it, to me that should be applauded not looked down upon.

P.S. trash talking can be fun sometimes, nobody actually believes that he has the wrestling skills of a 7th grader, he is just implying he isn't impressed by his wrestling.

If he acts like that about everyone he meets, the guy is just a straight up asshole, but I don't believe that he really does that. He doesn't sit there and insult everyone he has the opportunity to insult. If he is commenting on the wrestler he was facing, well, the motive there is obvious. If he is talking shit about every UFC fighter he thinks he can beat, he isn't doing it to just spit in Dana's eye. He's done enough talking about Dana as it is. It seems pretty obvious that he wants something to come of it like people maybe wanting him to fight in the UFC so that he would potentially get smashed and have to shut up. I think it's calculated and that is fake, imo. Picking a fight in a personal way for the purposes of professional self-promotion is fake. There is a lot in what you posted that would seem to back up what I'm saying: this is almost certainly just an attention grabbing attempt by Askren designed to create heat so that he can further his career.

Trying to talk his way into the UFC after One FC.

*not that he shouldn't be if he keeps winning.

ufc is ducking him though

id like to see maia askren or shields askren

There is a lot in what you posted that would seem to back up what I'm saying: this is almost certainly just an attention grabbing attempt by Askren designed to create heat so that he can further his career.

I don't disagree that he is trying to grab attention, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree that he is doing anything wrong in the way that he is going about it.

Rory MacDonald &#8207;@rory_macdonald 9h
@MikeyRicci @Benaskren watched one of bens fights 2day, was very impressed with his technical ability its a shame he has no respect

War Machine &#8207;@WarMachine170 3h
@rory_macdonald @MMARoasted @MikeyRicci @Benaskren OMG the only dork dorkier than Ben is dissing him...hahaha! Wow.

Rory wouldn't get subbed. His sub d is good. Maia didn't sub him. Rory struggles with powerful strikers. Tyron is that. Ben is not.

If Maia didn't gas he'd probably have subbed Rory.I can see Askren dominating position for 3 while threatening subs and gnp.
What powerful strikers has Rory struggled with?Ellenberger?

What about Askrens fight with Hieron? What happened there.

Hieron is legit, he just has too many injurys, so many that he was forced to retire. He probabl was 100% for that fight.

Dislike Rory but Askren makes him look like Ares.

Askren struggled with Jay Heiron. Rory would stuff his takedowns and there's no way Askren beats Rory in the stand-up. The fight will never happen and that's a good thing for Askren

Yeah because Hieron is a garbage wrestler:

Hieron, a two-time state wrestling championship runner-up at Freeport (N.Y.) High School and national Junior College Champion at Nassau (N.Y.) Community College, where he earned an Associates Degree, Hieron later attended Hofstra University. Before his senior year at Hofstra University, he tested positive for marijuana, and was unable to wrestle his senior year.

Some fights are easier for Askren in the ufc. Rory is not one of them.

If Maia didn't gas he'd probably have subbed Rory.I can see Askren dominating position for 3 while threatening subs and gnp.
What powerful strikers has Rory struggled with?Ellenberger?

Lawler and Condit aka people who he lost to.

Yeah because Hieron is a garbage wrestler:

Hieron, a two-time state wrestling championship runner-up at Freeport (N.Y.) High School and national Junior College Champion at Nassau (N.Y.) Community College, where he earned an Associates Degree, Hieron later attended Hofstra University. Before his senior year at Hofstra University, he tested positive for marijuana, and was unable to wrestle his senior year.

Better credentials than a lot of folks, but not necessarily world beating. We had a guy in my high school who went undefeated in the state and made it look easy. Got to nationals and was pinned in about 20 seconds. Had another kid in a rival school, rolled through all the state competition, but he was an out-of-state transfer from PA. He couldn't make the varsity squad in PA. Junior Wrestling Programs are generally not as competitive as Division I, although there are exceptions. Matt Hamill is a wrestling champion, as well. In the Deaf division. How many deaf wrestlers are actually out there?

Seriously? Rory isn't Condit. Hell even Diaz stopped a few GSP takedowns. And he's gonna dominate Woodley. Lawler, Hendricks and Rory are the 3 best WW's.

What has Rory done to be in the same sentence as Lawler and Hendricks right now?

Better credentials than a lot of folks, but not necessarily world beating. We had a guy in my high school who went undefeated in the state and made it look easy. Got to nationals and was pinned in about 20 seconds. Had another kid in a rival school, rolled through all the state competition, but he was an out-of-state transfer from PA. He couldn't make the varsity squad in PA. Junior Wrestling Programs are generally not as competitive as Division I, although there are exceptions. Matt Hamill is a wrestling champion, as well. In the Deaf division. How many deaf wrestlers are actually out there?

Matt was champ in Deaf Olympics for sure but at my Alma Mater RIT he won the D3 National Title (there is no deaf division in NCAA) 3 years in a row.

Back