Would you want to see GSP vs. Anderson in 2019?

Oh god the conspiracy theorist mindset. Why can’t you children admit to being wrong? Very fucking odd.

You have to be the most gullible cunt on the planet if you think Yoel Roidero is a clean fighter.

Pretty convenient that every fighter that fails a drug test took a contaminated supplement don't you think?

Anderson silva found a loop hole. since he only was taking stuff that was made in brazil not in the usa.

if you don't think Anderson silva doesn't know what he doing than you blind.
Another conspiracy theory

What is wrong with you kids?

You have to be the most gullible cunt on the planet if you think Yoel Roidero is a clean fighter.

Pretty convenient that every fighter that fails a drug test took a contaminated supplement don't you think?
So all of these other people are getting busted but not Romero because he’s in cahoots with USADA right? Let me guess; the earth is flat too right and we’re beinf lied to?!

Get a grip

GSP only wants legacy fights like Michael Bisping.

Otherwise he has diarrhea.

Cherry picking Georgie would have been immortalized if he had nutted up against Anderson back when it mattered.

Hell even if he lost I would have respected him.

Mr. Play It Safe can’t change his stripes.

GSP probably fights Conor or Khabib in December in Toronto or Las Vegas depending which fighter is healthy enough to take the fight.

The only ones objecting to this fight are gsp n his fans cause they anderson puts him to sleep (even the old past his prime Anderson)
And yet you see all sorts of Anderson fans in this thread saying they don't want to see it.

Anderson doesn’t need one shot like McGregor. In his prime, he was a whirlwind of kicks, punches, elbows, and knees. He could take you out with one shot or hit you with a combo that would leave you wanting to quit. No version of GSP can stand with Anderson.
In their primes this fight would have been interesting. GSP's path to victory is the Sonnen/Anderson 1 fight but lasting 2 more minutes than Chael did to win an absolutely dominant decision. I think GSP is a much better Sonnen everywhere but Sonnen had more size.

Anderson's path to victory is to catch him at some point and finish him which he was always capable of.

At this stage,GSP, since his surgeries GSP is mostly a stand up fighter. His transition game is all but gone. He went from one of the least hit champs of all time to one of the most hit since the Condit fight and that is because opponents can sit down on their punches without worrying about the TD. And while GSP is no slouch in the striking I don't like his chances against Anderson if the fight has to stay standing, even now. But Anderson might just give away too many rounds (ala Bisping fight) and lose a decision to GSP who has a high work rate if the finish does not come.

But then I also thought Bisping would keep it standing and outpoint him to a victory, so what do I know.

GSP probably fights Conor or Khabib in December in Toronto or Las Vegas depending which fighter is healthy enough to take the fight.
yup. A LW title shot is what GSP will likely look to for his next fight. It is a massive legacy fight for him if he can take his third belt and say he retired WW Champ and came back and took the MW and LW belts in back to back fights.

I would have loved to see this back in the day. Now it does not have the pizzazz it once had. Also, GSP gains nothing from it. Also, Anderson failing two tests despite the latest tainted supplement deal. Still has people saying he is a cheat.

Would be huge if 2009. But in 2019 Anderson doesn't have the 155 belt to make St Pierre … Champ. Champ. Champ.

I mean, yeah not gonna lie I'd watch it. But is it a fight I'm clamoring to see at this point? No, not unless someone invents a time machine.

Another conspiracy theory

What is wrong with you kids?

Anderson used the biggest loop hole in the supplement world.

usada made it clear if you take supplements you risk your career. jon jones will hard the hardest lesson of all.

If GSP was over 40, it seems more like a fight Bellator would be putting on their main card.

Yes, but the question here is, would GSP take the fight??

GSP doesn’t have too many fights left. Why waste one on a fight that does nothing for GSP?

I just want to watch gsp fight again, Anderson be fun still and Silva would be very game for this but does he have the talent anymore. But it doesn't add much for gsp at this point win would be hollow and a loss painfully detrimental to his record. There's gsp weight issue even trying to bulk up for 180 probably triggers another colitis flair up.

Georges is still relevant. Anderson isn't. GSP has earned a more significant fight. Beating Anderson does nothing for him.

Nobody thinks Anderson is in his prime. If GSP beat him, it will be like Fedor vs. Werdum/Bigfoot/Hendo... all over again.

How is GSP still relevant? Because he beat a lower end of the top 10 MW in Bisping? That's no different than Anderson beating top 10 Brunson.

If it happens it needs to happen last.

Fights kahib or Conor for the 55 belt, gets that.

Then on the way out for his last fight just comes into 85 without trying to bulk with no or very very little cut

And tries to bring back that lighting fast dynamic striking he used to have.

Spinning back kick lands square, Silva stumbles back, gsp follows him lighting him up on the feet as he falls and crumpled to the cage ala Herion fight.

Retires for good going out an three time champ that squared up all his loses(only two)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back