Would you want to see GSP vs. Anderson in 2019?

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There has been a slew of posts saying that GSP and his fans wouldn't want him to fight Andy and call duck.

As a GSP fan, I want to see it happen.

It's a good legacy fight for Georges and a solid welcome back fight for Anderson.

It would also detract a lot from GSP naysayers.

The only reason I didn't want to see the fight happen recently is because it's too easy for GSP at this point.

Anderson's stand up is barely a shadow of what it used to be. His movement/accuracy is gone and his TDD, while it was never that good, hasn't improved. Couple that with the fact that he will be 44 years old by the time they fight and it just seems like a throw away for Georges.

There's not a single area that would heavily favor Anderson at this point. GSP has a good shot of winning it on the feet and has about as close to a guaranteed win if he decides to take it to the ground.

Couple that with a solid legacy fight and it sounds like an all around good fight for GSP, not to mention it's against an all time great, though beating Andy at 44 isn't the same as beating him at 30 years old.

Anderson does have a puncher's chance and could land something that would set the MMA world ablaze.

Would you want to see the fight in 2019 or would you rather they fight other opponents?

No.

Anderson's damaged goods, GSP has nothing to win here.

Honestly yeah

Can't really throw GSP into another title fight right now, and there's no big name for him to fight that isn't booked already. Same situation with Anderson.

Sure it's not gonna be the fight we all hoped it would be, but it'd still be fun

Yes I want to see it. Anderson may be out of his prime, but he is still dangerous, and id just like to see how their styles matchup, even if it is years too late.

Yes, but it would of happened way too late, it would of been more epic in their primes

Hell yes, it would be one of the top 3 or 4 fights they could make right now in terms of hype and interest. For me at least.

Said in one of the other threads people are fucking crazy if they think that fight doesn't draw, even in 2019

Georges is still relevant. Anderson isn't. GSP has earned a more significant fight. Beating Anderson does nothing for him.

Nobody thinks Anderson is in his prime. If GSP beat him, it will be like Fedor vs. Werdum/Bigfoot/Hendo... all over again.

Remember when Anderson was champ and talked all the time about retiring?

Now he's disgraced from multiple suspensions, his skills are gone yet he keeps fighting.

Anderson is far far removed from his prime. I wouldn’t mind watching it but I’m not clamoring for it.

The idea is to show that the reason against the fight isn't duck but it's based around the premise of "can Anderson land that one shot".

If you take that same question and generalize it across fighters, there's plenty of other fighters that have a better shot at landing something big or beating Georges.

It doesn't seem that Georges is as hungry and wants and easier fight, which is understandable.

He's 37, not 27 and doesn't have the same motivation as when he was a punk kid looking for tutelage to whoever that guy in his corner is.

The fight would be more to satisfy Anderson fans that Georges isn't a duck while adding a solid name to his resume.

Two reasons it won’t happen

1. Colitis, George is never fighting Mw again, and if he does he is contractually obligated to fight Whitaker if it’s at 185.

2. Anderson has had too many PED run ins, George hates ped users and won’t fight them, it’s why he left after Hendricks.

Maybe , maybe he takes it if Anderson pisses clean running up to the fight but you would think it would be in his head the whole time that He’ll get on cycle and piss hot after the fight and take a roid fueled beating.

But , it couldn’t happen at 85, and Anderson isn’t ever making 70 again.

So it never happens because weight classes

Anderson doesn’t need one shot like McGregor. In his prime, he was a whirlwind of kicks, punches, elbows, and knees. He could take you out with one shot or hit you with a combo that would leave you wanting to quit. No version of GSP can stand with Anderson.

Nah, GSP should only be looking for a real challenge

No interest.

Only time I'd like to see Anderson is if he's totally outmatched.

Make Anderson vs Costa after he body bags Roidero

Nope I don't.

Yet I will watch it but I sure as shit don't want to see that fight made.

I sure would .... Anderson is still a big challenge for GSP. Anderson was the favorite when both were in their primes but the edge goes to GSP today.

Back