Would you want to see GSP vs. Anderson in 2019?

Sure, why not! We saw Floyd vs Manny way late, not a great fight but at least we saw it

Anderson used the biggest loop hole in the supplement world.

usada made it clear if you take supplements you risk your career. jon jones will hard the hardest lesson of all.
Again. Conspiracy theory. Just stop

And yet you see all sorts of Anderson fans in this thread saying they don't want to see it.

In their primes this fight would have been interesting. GSP's path to victory is the Sonnen/Anderson 1 fight but lasting 2 more minutes than Chael did to win an absolutely dominant decision. I think GSP is a much better Sonnen everywhere but Sonnen had more size.

Anderson's path to victory is to catch him at some point and finish him which he was always capable of.

At this stage,GSP, since his surgeries GSP is mostly a stand up fighter. His transition game is all but gone. He went from one of the least hit champs of all time to one of the most hit since the Condit fight and that is because opponents can sit down on their punches without worrying about the TD. And while GSP is no slouch in the striking I don't like his chances against Anderson if the fight has to stay standing, even now. But Anderson might just give away too many rounds (ala Bisping fight) and lose a decision to GSP who has a high work rate if the finish does not come.

But then I also thought Bisping would keep it standing and outpoint him to a victory, so what do I know.
GSP and Sonnen are different fighters albeit similar styles. Not to mention Sonnen was juiced to the fucking gills in that 1st fight.

I see what you are saying though

Anderson is 2 weight classes above him naturally.

How is GSP still relevant? Because he beat a lower end of the top 10 MW in Bisping? That's no different than Anderson beating top 10 Brunson.

Bisping was the MW champion and #1 ranked MW in the world when Georges beat him: Bisping earned his rank beating Anderson along the way, and knocking the undisputed champion Rockhold out cold inside a round. Whether you think it was a fluke or not is irrelevant. GSP became a two division champ finishing Bisping, and never lost his WW or MW titles. Anderson couldn't finish Bisping in a 5 round fight, GSP did, inside 3 rounds.

Anderson has done nothing even remotely comparable in years. He has won 1 fight of his last 6. Popped for PEDs for that matter.

GSP is immensely more relevant than Anderson right now.

Last edited:
Nope. I mean I guess I could use a smoke break for 25 minutes and I don't even smoke.

Typical GSP lay and pray. 5-0 UD.

smokebreak.gif~c200

Roidero? When has Romero ever had a confirmed failed drug test for PEDs?

If it walks like a duck etc.

On topic sure I would, would have been far more relevant 5 years ago but even still it would be fun.

Bisping was the MW champion and #1 ranked MW in the world when Georges beat him: Bisping earned his rank beating Anderson along the way, and knocking the undisputed champion Rockhold out cold inside a round. Whether you think it was a fluke or not is irrelevant. GSP became a two division champ, never lost his WW or MW titles.

Anderson has done nothing even remotely comparable in years. He has won 1 fight of his last 6. Nor has GSP popped for PEDs for that matter.
Beating a 40 year old man way past his prime earned him that rank? Lmao

Beating a 40 year old man way past his prime earned him that rank? Lmao

No, beating Rockhold did. But Silva was more relevant when Bisping beat him than he is now.

And thanks for saying the truth. Anderson is past his prime, and is an utterly irrelevant fight for GSP.

GSP finished Bisping. Anderson lost to Bisping. Anderson also popped for PEDs. And is 1-4-1 in his last six. That's it.

I would.

Unless GSP wants to fight at Welterweight, I'd rather just see him and Anderson take fun or super fights from here on out. I don't like seeing the older guys fighting and getting destroyed by the newer guys. I'd rather them fight guys from their own generation in their twilight. It's a fight we never got to see and should happen.

That said, GSP will never fight at MW again and Anderson likely can't drop down at his age enough for a catchweight.

Bisping was the MW champion and #1 ranked MW in the world when Georges beat him: Bisping earned his rank beating Anderson along the way, and knocking the undisputed champion Rockhold out cold inside a round. Whether you think it was a fluke or not is irrelevant. GSP became a two division champ finishing Bisping, and never lost his WW or MW titles. Anderson couldn't finish Bisping in a 5 round fight, GSP did, inside 3 rounds.

Anderson has done nothing even remotely comparable in years. He has won 1 fight of his last 6. Popped for PEDs for that matter.

GSP is immensely more relevant than Anderson right now.

Bisping was completely destroyed by Hendo and Anderson, who softened him up for GSP. GSP faced maybe the 8th best MW in the world. Bisping held the belt while ducking every MW in the world who would have crushed him. You're a joke of a fanboy if you think otherwise, he was just a lower end top 10 MW GSP in reality. No different than Anderson beating top 10 Brunson. Anderson beat Bisping while clowning around too btw.

GSP knows all about what I'm saying because you know why? He dropped the "belt" he won immediately because he had to duck all the MW's who would have destroyed him. Including Silva. GSP is absolutely irrelevant if Silva is. The truth is they're in the same spot. Except Anderson had the balls to face the best MW's AND LHW champ while he was way past his prime.

Bisping was completely destroyed by Hendo and Anderson, who softened him up for GSP. GSP faced maybe the 8th best MW in the world. Bisping held the belt while ducking every MW in the world who would have crushed him. You're a joke of a fanboy if you think otherwise, he was just a lower end top 10 MW GSP in reality. No different than Anderson beating top 10 Brunson. Anderson beat Bisping while clowning around too btw.

GSP knows all about what I'm saying because you know why? He dropped the "belt" he won immediately because he had to duck all the MW's who would have destroyed him. Including Silva. GSP is absolutely irrelevant if Silva is. The truth is they're in the same spot. Except Anderson had the balls to face the best MW's AND LHW champ while he was way past his prime.

You can speculate all you want, but the facts are undeniable.

1) Bisping beat Anderson and Henderson, and Rockhold.
2) Bisping was ranked #1 when GSP beat him.
3) GSP finished Bisping, Anderson lost to Bisping.
4) GSP is on a 13 fight winning streak, never losing his WW or MW titles.
5) Anderson is 1-4-1 in his last six fights, and lost his title.
6) GSP never popped for PEDs
7) Anderson popped twice.

You can speculate about how GSP vs other MW contenders would have gone, why GSP relinquished the MW belt, whether his Colitis is a fabrication made to duck the universe, or imagine reasons why he will not fight Silva, or ponder how Bisping would have fared against GSP had he not faced Anderson and Henderson before. That is all you have, speculation, and a lot of favoritism.

But the fact of the matter is, GSP beat Bisping, Anderson couldn't. He is infinitely more relevant by any metric.

I'd watch of course, but this fight has seriously lost it's luster.

6 years ago? HELL yeah

Meh, I used to be in love with that fight but now that ship has sailed IMO. I'd rather see gsp, or Andy, rematch nick Diaz.

Hell no. I want to see this fight live from the Scotiabank Arena on December 8th, 2018.

yup. A LW title shot is what GSP will likely look to for his next fight. It is a massive legacy fight for him if he can take his third belt and say he retired WW Champ and came back and took the MW and LW belts in back to back fights.
Or Conor whether he wins or loses on the 6th.

If it happens it needs to happen last.

Fights kahib or Conor for the 55 belt, gets that.

Then on the way out for his last fight just comes into 85 without trying to bulk with no or very very little cut

And tries to bring back that lighting fast dynamic striking he used to have.

Spinning back kick lands square, Silva stumbles back, gsp follows him lighting him up on the feet as he falls and crumpled to the cage ala Herion fight.

Retires for good going out an three time champ that squared up all his loses(only two)
I agree. But Silva would still need to make 170-175.

gsp thinks he still juicing .

silva is a 185er plus,gsp has to move up again.

gsp would make more which wouldnt sit well with silva.

silva doesnt want to go canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back