Would you vote to legalize marijuana?

I really don't agree with any of that.

I mean, yes poverty and lack of education are problems but I don't really see what that has to do with drug prohibition.

Also, there are addictive personalities in all facets of society. Not just poor people. Coke was a drug for the rich and trendy for decades.

And yet the illegality didn't seem to stop anyone. Keeping drugs as illegal as they are only makes the problems of drug use, addiction and crime worse.

And yet the illegality didn't seem to stop anyone. Keeping drugs as illegal as they are only makes the problems of drug use, addiction and crime worse.

Right, and making it available at the corner store will solve all those problems?

Right, and making it available at the corner store will solve all those problems?

It is readily available and that fact hasn't resulted in civilizations demise

To answer the op , yes and I already have voted for it

I really don't agree with any of that.

I mean, yes poverty and lack of education are problems but I don't really see what that has to do with drug prohibition.

Also, there are addictive personalities in all facets of society. Not just poor people. Coke was a drug for the rich and trendy for decades.

Wealthy people commit 'white collar crimes', poor people rob liquor stores. Different classes have their different issues, such as diseases of affluence and diseases of poverty.

To think that one's socio/economic status has nothing to do with their behavior is quite short sighted. It's like whether or not the base of a tree is healthy.

Well adjusted, educated, happy people are less likely to mess up their lives, but if they do, kicking them in the balls and throwing them down a ravine is not the answer. I don't think this needs explaining.

Harsh punishments and a lack of empathy/understanding, this 'black-and-white' mentality toward problems has never shown to be healthy.

Passing more laws and restricting rights is kind of like giving someone a box of band-aids and a blow torch for lesions on their body, instead of treating the cancer that's causing them.

It's already available at the corner store in so many places. Prohibition does absolutely nothing for limiting use but makes the business so lucrative people are willing to go to war over it. Don't forget about the insane incarceration rates as well. You want to limit vice? Driving it underground is the last thing you want to do.

I don't agree with that. Some people are destructive, especially when under the influence.
Then punish them when they actually commit a crime. You can drink but if you become aggressive and commit assault or if you drink and drive then you get penalized for that behavior.
I don't really see legalizing something that has obvious dire consequences to anyone who uses it.
I don't see the point in incarcerating people for a victimless crime. We should spend money on education to help prevent people from ever starting and on clinics to help addicts get back on their feet, not throw people in jail for choosing to ingest something.

And like I said before, I just personally believe its not the place of the government or society to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body. Telling an individual what they should and should not do is acceptable but at the end of the day I think its up to the individual.
Personally, I'm not really big on alcohol but we've nurtured a country of drunks over the past 100 years.There are so many alcoholics who have no idea that they are alcoholics because its promoted the way it is. Its big business and not going anywhere. I don't necessarily agree with making money off of people's addictions.
The reality is someone will make money off of addiction. I'd rather that money be taxed and go to reputable businesses instead of violent thugs. Obviously I thnk there should be restrictions. No advertising of any sort allowed for any drug, not even marijuana or alcohol IMO.
People may not want to accept are more "direct" complicity. Today, we can say, "These people know it's against the law, but they do it anyway - it's their own personal responsibility and their own fault." If things are legal, it can be seen as society condoning the use, and thus accepting some responsibility.
I guess

You're confusing drug legalization with drug acceptance. Treat drugs as the public safety and health concern that they are with things like education and clinics, not prisons.

Sure. I could care less what some one else wants to do in their free time. As long as they don't get behind the wheel.

Yes.

But I'm bias as I am smoking a grape philly right now.

No poll?

And I would not vote to legalize it. Every pot head I know is lazy and losses major iq points the second they smoke. I don't see the positives outweighing the negatives which Would mean dumbing down America significantly.

(Disclaimer, I have NEVER used Marijuana in my life. EVER.)

My answer is 100% Yes.

What I'd like to see first though is for Hemp to become legal to grow. You can take a patch of land that is totally jacked up chemically and if hemp takes root and grows, it will take the bad stuff out and put good stuff back in. You can make paper, lumber, clothing, and plastics out of hemp. We're doing ourselves a disservice industrially by not being allowed to grow it.

Also, I just had a knee procedure and they prescribed me Vicodin. I HATE taking it and I wait until I can't stand the pain before I do. I'm not getting addicted to it and losing my shirt. If I could use the Herb, I know I'd be better off. That constipation is a MOTHER.

(Disclaimer, I have NEVER used Marijuana in my life. EVER.)

My answer is 100% Yes.

What I'd like to see first though is for Hemp to become legal to grow. You can take a patch of land that is totally jacked up chemically and if hemp takes root and grows, it will take the bad stuff out and put good stuff back in. You can make paper, lumber, clothing, and plastics out of hemp. We're doing ourselves a disservice industrially by not being allowed to grow it.

Also, I just had a knee procedure and they prescribed me Vicodin. I HATE taking it and I wait until I can't stand the pain before I do. I'm not getting addicted to it and losing my shirt. If I could use the Herb, I know I'd be better off. That constipation is a MOTHER.

Pot cookies my friend, pot cookies.

I can't risk prison man...

I always forget how strict the laws are in certain parts of the U.S.

Kind of hard to relate because I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble for weed here in Canada. I live in Ottawa and people pretty much smoke where ever here. As long as you aren't blowing it in a cops face they won't say anything. At the very most make you get rid of it if they are dicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back