Would you vote to legalize marijuana?

For sure, I cannot fathom why anyone is still against legalizing it. I haven't even been high for almost 2 years and its been about 6 since I smoked regularly, so it is not a matter of me wanting it to be legal for myself either

Sure... But tax the hell out of it. Sin taxes are the best kind.

All drugs should be legalized. Things like prostitution too. And no, I've no desire to pay for sex nor am I a drugee. I hardly ever even touch legal drugs, other than caffeine on some days.

It's asinine that one group of people can tell another what they can and cannot do with their bodies and consciousness.

If you smoke pot yu need to be VERY wary of any legalization initiatives, they are not all what they seem.

Here in WA they are going to put the medical guys out of business, triple the cost of weed and dump huge amounts of money into weed law enforcement, where before I-502 there was ZERO law enforcement, high quality and low prices.

Now people are going to go to jail for growing weed at home, I wouldnt even be surprised if they put up a reward for your neighbors to rat you out just like in the 80s. The drug war is back on here.

And of course you will have to go a designated store and show ID just for the privilege of buying overpriced weed.

Huge amounts of people are now getting DUIs for smoking weed because they changed the way that is enforced (DUIs have been big business here in WA for decades), basically if the cop says your stoned you get a DUI which is very expensive and takes years to deal with.

Most definitely. The money we would save on just housing these "criminals" in our for-profit prisons, is phenomenal. Not even taking into account police man-hours, lawyer fees, and many other money pits.

No, I can't stand the smell of it.

Most definitely. The money we would save on just housing these "criminals" in our for-profit prisons, is phenomenal. Not even taking into account police man-hours, lawyer fees, and many other money pits.

off topic,"the trigger of florida" are you from perry?

There's going to be a vote on medical marijuana later this year in my state and I'll try it go vote. I certainly think it should be completely legal but I'm pretty lazy so if I don't vote its not because I don't think it should be legal.

If you smoke pot yu need to be VERY wary of any legalization initiatives, they are not all what they seem.

Here in WA they are going to put the medical guys out of business, triple the cost of weed and dump huge amounts of money into weed law enforcement, where before I-502 there was ZERO law enforcement, high quality and low prices.

Now people are going to go to jail for growing weed at home, I wouldnt even be surprised if they put up a reward for your neighbors to rat you out just like in the 80s. The drug war is back on here.

And of course you will have to go a designated store and show ID just for the privilege of buying overpriced weed.

Huge amounts of people are now getting DUIs for smoking weed because they changed the way that is enforced (DUIs have been big business here in WA for decades), basically if the cop says your stoned you get a DUI which is very expensive and takes years to deal with.

Oh dear - you mean they are treating it like they treat most recreational drugs? Who could have seen this coming!

"Yup" is a bit of a snap response, I'd have to read and hear a bit more about it, but I really don't see how funding huge organised criminal networks rather than education and medical initiatives is smart. You can restrict or tax things to buggery and still not create the same levels of networks as criminalising it does.

I've seen firsthand what opiates and coke can do to people. I can't support it.

No, that would be stupid.

Marijuana is a soft drug. Heroin, cocaine etc should still be illegal for obvious reasons. People ruin their lives over that shit.

Some people turn into complete retards when they discover pot, but it doesn't kill people.

People ruin their lives over alcohol. Tens of thousands of people die because of alcohol annually but I think people should have the right to drink.

Obviously alcohol isn't as bad as heroine but I still think people should have the right to ingest whatever they want. Plus, its possible they do society more harm than good as illegal substances since the drug trade funds violent gangs instead of reputable businesses. Its possible that we're better off with harder drugs illegal but I don't think its clear one way or the other and the Drug war has been going on for over 40 years with little to show for it, I think we should at least consider ending it and looking at other alternatives.

Besides, I don't think decriminalization means you just ignore drugs, The funding that goes towards policing could just as easily go to clinics that help rehabilitate addicts and towards education that helps stop people from ever taking drugs. Cigarette use has dropped a lot through the years despite the fact that it is legal. Even alcohol consumption has declined in the last few decades
p36.gif

You can still tackle the drug problem even if you don't approach it as a criminal issue. Its a public health concern and should be dealt with as such.

I have a hard time understanding anyone's stance against decriminalization or legalization towards all drugs unless coming from the old school.

yes,
societies over the centuries seem to have a need to get out of their heads sometimes.
you see it in tribes around the world that have barely been touched by the white man. they'll have something which they use to take them out of reality.
dope is far better than alcohol, which should be banned.

Back