Would you think less of Conor if he leg kicked Diaz to victory?

Rubberman1

John Rambo Life Lessons
@purple
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Condit style baby leg kicks.

2sbrggy.jpg

I'm talking Aldo on Faber style leg kicks.

2gugyfa_jpg_medium.gif

I have a feeling that if he leg kicks Diaz until he is limping, then knocks him out, it won't be as satisfying as it normally is to have him win. Maybe that is just me though. Is ANY win for Conor a good win?

I feel like he needs to win decisively if he wants to regain that momentum.

Not at all. I couldn't possibly think less of Conor.

No....that's how you beat a Diaz.

So leg kicks = Not really winning the fight?

Jesus Christ TS, check yourself back into whatever mental ward you escaped from.

No.

But if he panic wrestles again.....yes.

That's like saying, would you think less of Wonderboy, if he wrestlefucks Woodley to a boring decision.

Conor isn't capable of doing that, it's not worth even talking about, because he doesn't that level of leg kicks.

Any scenario where Conor beats Nate will make me think more lf him than anything.

Fun fight is important
But winning is importanter

No....that's how you beat a Diaz.

So leg kicks = Not really winning the fight?

Jesus Christ TS, check yourself back into whatever mental ward you escaped from.
Leg kicks and body shots always take their toll. Thats what I would do vs a Diaz with iron chin and great cardio.

That's like saying, would you think less of Wonderboy, if he wrestlefucks Woodley to a boring decision.

Conor isn't capable of doing that, it's not worth even talking about, because he doesn't that level of leg kicks.

Conor isn't capable of leg kicking a Diaz brother? The flat footed massive lead leg hanging out there Diaz brothers? Are you trolling?

Conor doesn't have the length nor the leg kick in his arsenal needed to do such a thing.

That's called executing a gameplan.

He DID have some success early in the fight, attacking Nates legs.

I suspect he will do it more in the rematch.

Leg kicks and body shots always take their toll. Thats what I would do vs a Diaz with iron chin and great cardio.
Yep, also they both stand very heavily on their leading leg...

RDA destroyed Nates leading leg very quickly before taking over that fight. It's a proven strategy to beat a Diaz going years back...

Conor would be a fool not to implement that game.

if he wins by anything other than doctor stoppage ill put some respek on his name

Leg kicking the shit out of a Diaz should be standard procedure, just like body shotting Cowboy Cerrone or Matt Brown. Put it this way, the Diaz brothers have something like 70 combined fights and only 2 KO losses. Your chances of knocking out a Diaz are really, really poor, so if you have any brains you'll chop their legs out and take the decision win. Trading punches with a Diaz never ends well.

Why does anyone think Conor can use power leg kicks?

It like telling

1. Tom Brady to become a dual threat QB.

2. Stephen curry to start posting players up.

3. Patrick Kane to start leveling people.

Conor using power leg kicks is changing everything Conor is about starting with his stance and 5 months is not long enough to incorporate leg kicks, real leg kicks, into his game.

Last edited:
Leg kicking the shit out of a Diaz should be standard procedure, just like body shotting Cowboy Cerrone or Matt Brown. Put it this way, the Diaz brothers have something like 70 combined fights and only 2 KO losses. Your chances of knocking out a Diaz are really, really poor, so if you have any brains you'll chop their legs out and take the decision win. Trading punches with a Diaz never ends well.

Sure, but that type of victory isn't as good as knocking a Diaz out is it. Won't it take some shine off Conors star if he doesn't perform really well? Don't see how a legkick decision victory will do it for him.

nope, it'd make me think less of diaz
dudes had the same glaring weaknesses for like 20 years

Conor isn't capable of leg kicking a Diaz brother? The flat footed massive lead leg hanging out there Diaz brothers? Are you trolling?
When have you seen Conor leg kick anyone in the UFC?

No, I'm not trolling. If Nate stood there, didn't move and didn't counter or actually try to fight, then yeah, Conor is surely capable of kicking his front leg into mush.

However, it takes years of training and a very elite level of skill to do what RDA did to Nate, or Aldo did to Faber. It requires footwork, timing, feints, etc etc etc

Not just anybody can implement a leg kick heavy strategy to win a fight against an elite fighter (opponent). And sorry, I don't think Conor can do it. He'd have to completely switch up his style, his approach, his method of attacks....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back