Would you think less of Conor if he leg kicked Diaz to victory?

He couldn't kick to begin with so suddenly turning into Aldo is highly improbable.

In answer to the question, I wouldn't think less of him but I'm not sure that would be enough against Diaz.

Conor can't leg kick his way out of a paper bag.

I'd actually think more of Conor if he managed to do that. It would show that he can adapt to certain opponents and that he can stick to a gameplan.

I have a feeling that if he leg kicks Diaz until he is limping, then knocks him out, it won't be as satisfying as it normally is to have him win. Maybe that is just me though. Is ANY win for Conor a good win?

I feel like he needs to win decisively if he wants to regain that momentum.

What a dumb thread.

1. McGregor has not even a decent low kick game. What makes you believe he has learned how to kick like a MT guy?

2. If McGregor could be able to leg kick Nate in orger to win (as Barboza Vs Melendez or RDA Vs Nate) he would hsve become a way suprriot striker/fighter than he's now.

Again, what a dumb thread,

When have you seen Conor leg kick anyone in the UFC?

No, I'm not trolling. If Nate stood there, didn't move and didn't counter or actually try to fight, then yeah, Conor is surely capable of kicking his front leg into mush.

However, it takes years of training and a very elite level of skill to do what RDA did to Nate, or Aldo did to Faber. It requires footwork, timing, feints, etc etc etc

I like how everyone automatically thinks of the Aldo style low round kick to the leg when leg kicks are brought up, and then go on to say that Conor can't do that. And they're likely right. But there's more than one kind of leg kick, for instance there's the oblique or push kick to the knee made infamous by Jon Jones, and there's also this. Land a half dozen of these on Nate and he'll be limping pretty nicely.

I think Nate wins the rematch but let's get one thing clear right now:

If Conor wins and wins doing anything....ANYTHING other than standing right in front of Diaz and fighting the very very very narrow and specific kind of "Rock em sock em" robot type of fight Diaz fans are going to go ape shit and call McGregor a coward and a pussy and we will hear how he "ran" and how he won the "sport" but not the fight.

Diaz cult members are delusional, and to them the Diaz bros never really lose a fight. Some of the most pathetic excuses for losing have come from those two gatekeepers and their cult like fan base. I laughed my ass off when Diaz fans clowned Conor for making "excuses" for his first loss. The Diaz bros literally make excuses every time they lose. In Nicks case he makes excuses then quits and takes his ball home with him.

Conor will likely lose as he is uber one dimensional but if he wins be prepared for a shitstorm of excuses and rationalization as well as flat out denials from the cult members.

Last edited:
I would find it hilarious if a Diaz brother got schooled with such a simple gameplan.

I dispise him, and would still dispise him if he did so, just a little less, because I love low kicks

I like how everyone automatically thinks of the Aldo style low round kick to the leg when leg kicks are brought up, and then go on to say that Conor can't do that. And they're likely right. But there's more than one kind of leg kick, for instance there's the oblique or push kick to the knee made infamous by Jon Jones, and there's also this. Land a half dozen of these on Nate and he'll be limping pretty nicely.

Even looking at that gif, he leaps with both feet, hands down, it takes him completely out of position and out of his fighting stance. There's no way he can land that over and over again on Nate or anyone for that matter.

Jon Jones is successful over and over again because he throws those kicks while he's balanced, it doesn't compromise his fighting stance and he hides them well. It's like watching Chris Wade land that jumping roundhouse kick to the face on Khabilov, and then saying he can do that over and over again in a fight. It's a fantasy.

Even looking at that gif, he leaps with both feet, hands down, it takes him completely out of position and out of his fighting stance. There's no way he can land that over and over again on Nate or anyone for that matter.

Jon Jones is successful over and over again because he throws those kicks while he's balanced, it doesn't compromise his fighting stance and he hides them well. It's like watching Chris Wade land that jumping roundhouse kick to the face on Khabilov, and then saying he can do that over and over again in a fight. It's a fantasy.

He prob jumped in like that with his hands down because Nate is literally walking away with his hands down. He is in ZERO danger of being countered in this specific exchange.

I enjoy the effective beauty of technique,be it a good jab,gedan mawashi geri or whatever,i find the whole premise of one fight winning technique being less worthy than another rather odd .

He prob jumped in like that with his hands down because Nate is literally walking away with his hands down. He is in ZERO danger of being countered in this specific exchange.

No! No! he did it because he is a poor striker!!! </hater>

Conor will pull out, if he shows, ill think more of him I suppose.

-the TM

No. I love watching destruction via leg kicks. I don't think it will happen though.

I'd think better of him. It would show that he can put his ego aside and stick to a well-thought out and smart gameplan.

lol

Are there even people stupid enough to think less of someone blasting 'Aldo on Faber' style kicks in a fight? Those things were fucking savage, he hobbled Faber inside of 2 and a half rounds, and never really let up through the subsequent 3.

there are very few people in the UFC that are capable of doing that much damage with leg kicks and conor isn't one of them

most mma fighters are wrestle/boxers, you see almost nobody using a lot of leg kicks, i wonder why

Conor doesn't have the skill or cardio to Aldo-kick him for 5 rounds so I guess you'll have to settle with Condit's "baby kicks"

goof.

It's pretty obvious you don't want to box with nate or nick and their weakness is kicks to the legs. People seem to know that and still do so in boxing with them. haha. This time around I expect Conor to utilize kicks to the legs more and punches to the body more than usual. I'm even expecting him to actually take Nate down to the ground at least once in the final closing minutes. All in all, Conor will win this one via UD (yes a decision). lol

He'll gas throwing that many leg kicks. He better use them efficiently.

Back