Would you think less of Conor if he leg kicked Diaz to victory?

Worst analogy ever.
Aloym.gif

I'm not talking about Condit style baby leg kicks.

2sbrggy.jpg

I'm talking Aldo on Faber style leg kicks.

2gugyfa_jpg_medium.gif

I have a feeling that if he leg kicks Diaz until he is limping, then knocks him out, it won't be as satisfying as it normally is to have him win. Maybe that is just me though. Is ANY win for Conor a good win?

I feel like he needs to win decisively if he wants to regain that momentum.

if he did that then i would think he fought intelligently and grudgingly respect him for it. However he doesn't actually seem to have a lot of power in his kicks. he did kick nate a few times and they didnt seem to affect nate in any meaningful way.

If he tries to just kick , Nate's reach and vollume would tear that ass up even faster then last time

Diaz was getting lit up until Conor gassed. If Conor gets a better gas tank what makes you think Diaz won't get hit as much? Diaz looked like a heavy bag with eyes until Conor gassed.

gettyimages-513971518.jpg

Diaz was getting lit up until Conor gassed. If Conor gets a better gas tank what makes you think Diaz won't get hit as much? Diaz looked like a heavy bag with eyes until Conor gassed.

gettyimages-513971518.jpg

McGoat was getting tagges during that time too, his defence was lacking, and Nate's volume and pressure combined with his reach and boxing advantages makes me believe that

If Mcgoat doesn't want to gass he will have to put even less into his shots he did last time, no way he can improve his cardio enough in 5 months and especially at 170

McGoat was getting tagges during that time too, his defence was lacking, and Nate's volume and pressure combined with his reach and boxing advantages makes me believe that

If Mcgoat doesn't want to gass he will have to put even less into his shots he did last time, no way he can improve his cardio enough in 5 months and especially at 170

If Conor wasn't training properly it is quite possible he can drastically improve his cardio in 5 months. If he was at top of his game then I would agree with you, but I don't think he was.

If Conor wasn't training properly it is quite possible he can drastically improve his cardio in 5 months. If he was at top of his game then I would agree with you, but I don't think he was.
Why would you think that ? He was training to fight RDA who is 10x more dangerous, I dont see how he wasnt taking the biggest fight of his career seriously

Nate got called in 2 days before, I dont see what McGoat couldve done in those 10 days to fuck up his cardio so bad

Why would you think that ? He was training to fight RDA who is 10x more dangerous, I dont see how he wasnt taking the biggest fight of his career seriously

Nate got called in 2 days before, I dont see what McGoat couldve done in those 10 days to fuck up his cardio so bad

Because even McGregor said he stopped running so much after his knee injury. There is an interview with him saying this , can't remember which one it was. Basically he stopped hitting the cardio so much and thought he was doing enough. Now his team are monitoring his cardiovascular output and ensuring he is at the top of his game. I expect him to have a lot more cardio, but whether that will get the job done is anyones guess.

Because even McGregor said he stopped running so much after his knee injury. There is an interview with him saying this , can't remember which one it was. Basically he stopped hitting the cardio so much and thought he was doing enough. Now his team are monitoring his cardiovascular output and ensuring he is at the top of his game. I expect him to have a lot more cardio, but whether that will get the job done is anyones guess.

He could have another injury or that knee might not be fully healed by that logic tho

I'm sure he's gonna train his ass off but I still don't think his cardio will improve that much, especially with his power heavy style

Turns out Conor understands the concept of game planning to beat a Diaz, and threw more leg kicks in one round than he has in his entire career. Hit him with low kicks, and wasn't afraid to run away to limit the exchanges. Needs to work on his clinch game and protect his body better, but overall, not a bad job.

I'm not talking about Condit style baby leg kicks.

2sbrggy.jpg

I'm talking Aldo on Faber style leg kicks.

2gugyfa_jpg_medium.gif

I have a feeling that if he leg kicks Diaz until he is limping, then knocks him out, it won't be as satisfying as it normally is to have him win. Maybe that is just me though. Is ANY win for Conor a good win?

I feel like he needs to win decisively if he wants to regain that momentum.
Good call my man.

are you kidding? hell no. being able to finish a person with leg kicks is impressive as fuck. let alone a professional fighter. let alone a guy as tough as diaz.

Back