Would you take back a girl that cheated on you?

A buddy of mine is taking back a girl that cheated on him. Me and the guys did an intervention and we were practically screaming at him. He would't listen. The girl cheated on him with some guy she met at a club. She thought it was a relationship, but clearly it was nothing but a pump and dump. She went to my buddy's workplace with tears in her eyes to take her back and that's what he did.
If she is insanely hot yes.

Pics?

A buddy of mine is taking back a girl that cheated on him. Me and the guys did an intervention and we were practically screaming at him. He would't listen. The girl cheated on him with some guy she met at a club. She thought it was a relationship, but clearly it was nothing but a pump and dump. She went to my buddy's workplace with tears in her eyes to take her back and that's what he did.
Let me give the perspective of somebody who has been married for 20 years and has a kid who will be off to college in a year and dealing with the same issues.

If you are not married and your BF/GF cheats, you should NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND consider staying with them. It's over. This is a no-brainer.

If you are married with no kids, then you should divorce or otherwise split up immediately.

It gets complicated when you have kids and have been married for a long time because it's the kids well-being that comes first. So this is tricky. In this case you may need to wait until the kids are gone to split up.

I mean, dont at least 9 out of 10 relationships not work out anyway? Generally I think its more than one factor.

I agree. Usually the infidelity is just the event that comes after many factors that we're going wrong in the relationship. Usually happy couples dont cheat on each other, the cheating occurs because either problems in the relationship or personal issues of one of the parties involved. That's where you get people that are self destructive. You see it all the time " their relationship was perfect! How could He/She do that?!" Well probably because they have some deep issue they haven't dealt with or are possibly not even aware of within themselves.

Your friend gonna have to learn the hard way. Guarantee she gonna fuck another dude again should the chance come up again. And your dumbass friend gonna keep taking her back. When he's had enough he'll move on but ppl like that can't be reason with....

It gets complicated when you have kids and have been married for a long time because it's the kids well-being that comes first. So this is tricky. In this case you may need to wait until the kids are gone to split up.

it isn't tricky at all. You divorce that cocksucking whore and kick her to the street ASAP. She can explain it to the kids what happened. Wouldn't think twice about it and it wouldn't embarrass me one bit.

If someone wrongs you, and you forgive them, you're telling them they are allowed to do it again. So you have to be comfortable with your new relationship rules of her being allowed to screw around.

If someone wrongs you, and you forgive them, you're telling them they are allowed to do it again. So you have to be comfortable with your new relationship rules of her being allowed to screw around.

Without question. Might as well slit your wrists while you're at it.

it isn't tricky at all. You divorce that cocksucking whore and kick her to the street ASAP. She can explain it to the kids what happened. Wouldn't think twice about it and it wouldn't embarrass me one bit.
Yes, it is tricky. There is no depth to your position other than "no bitch will make a fool out of me", and I'm sure all the unmarried teens on Sherdog will agree with you. What I am saying is that my experience, after being married for 20+ years and having a child, is that the MOST IMPORTANT THING is what is best for the child, not what is best for my ego. You are reasoning only from the POV of your fragile ego, not from the POV of a child who wants security and parents who love them, and DON'T CARE about the parents' sex life. For example, if there was physical or emotional abuse going on, then what is best for the child is immediate action and divorce. But imagine that the woman is supermom and the kids love her. The things she does that hurt you may be totally invisible to the kids, so they will not understand your retaliation and will perceive it as you being the a-hole.

The point is that kids absolutely do make this situation tricky.

That's a 100% positive NO.

Your boy probably has zero confidence, or very low self esteem to wanna take that back after what she did. The fucked up thing is, she may even try to twist it to make it seem like it was partially his fault. I've seen it all happen before, and women are very good at manipulating the situation to their befenifit when it comes to relationships and equality, so watch it all play out.

Nah, once the trust is broken there isnt anything left worth it.
There are a thousand other beautiful women out there looking for someone to spend there time with just like you.
Be friends if you can, but no point in fixing something that is already dead.

Your just gonna end up accepting it, and being one of those skinny dudes with weak facial hair sitting in the video while your friend gets the job done.

Yes, it is tricky. There is no depth to your position other than "no bitch will make a fool out of me", and I'm sure all the unmarried teens on Sherdog will agree with you. What I am saying is that my experience, after being married for 20+ years and having a child, is that the MOST IMPORTANT THING is what is best for the child, not what is best for my ego. You are reasoning only from the POV of your fragile ego, not from the POV of a child who wants security and parents who love them, and DON'T CARE about the parents' sex life. For example, if there was physical or emotional abuse going on, then what is best for the child is immediate action and divorce. But imagine that the woman is supermom and the kids love her. The things she does that hurt you may be totally invisible to the kids, so they will not understand your retaliation and will perceive it as you being the a-hole.

The point is that kids absolutely do make this situation tricky.
This is a well made point. If I had a dollar for every friends marriages that fell apart when their kids left, I would be Rich.

Obviously happens all the time

Last edited:
This is a well made point. If I had a dollar for every friends marriages that fell apart when they kids left, I would be Rich.

Obviously happens all the time
Exactly. It sucks. And most of the time (70%) it's the women who initiate divorce because they are post-menopausal and no longer interested in men (aside from financial gain).

Taking a woman back who cheats is pointless.

First, because there is a high likelihood that she'll cheat again.

Secondly, because there is usually an element of romance, intimacy, connection, or love. Women tend to cheat because they feel either unhappiness in their primary relationship or an intimate connection with their extracurricular partner — and either could cause a woman to move on from her primary relationship. Either way this suggests the beginning of the end.

Obviously your friend wants to learn the hard way though.

IIRC statistically women are more likely to cheat for just sex where as men are more likely to cheat emotionally.

I guess women play away to get some better genes in the oven, guys look for better mother's or some such.

IIRC statistically women are more likely to cheat for just sex where as men are more likely to cheat emotionally.

I guess women play away to get some better genes in the oven, guys look for better mother's or some such.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite.

I have in the past, twice, and both times it resulted in (surprise, surprise) more cheating and a delayed break-up. Never again, ever. Once a cheat, always a cheat is definitely a thing - take it from a bloke who is also a cheat, himself. I cannot help myself, which is why it's best for me to be a happy single man.

I was the same way. Being single and casually dating, I'm convinced, is the best game plan for men. The cost is to your discretion, and you're not tied up in anything like this BS.

Back