Would you suffer eternal torment for the safety of the rest of humanity?

It's the ultimate selfless act. You'll die, extending humanity for tens of thousands, if not, hundreds of thousands of years. Trillions of lives will continue to exist until humanity's extinction, while you rot in hell. The absolute unsung hero.

Hell no, Humans are gonna be extinct one day anyway.

It's the ultimate selfless act. You'll die, extending humanity for tens of thousands, if not, hundreds of thousands of years. Trillions of lives will continue to exist until humanity's extinction, while you rot in hell. The absolute unsung hero.

In you're previous post you made it sound a lot worse than just rotting in hell.

I believe I would choose to die a horrible and painful death in your scenario if the punishment was finite. But being infinite, I do not think anyone can be expected to do that.

He never said we'd be unsung.
..guess he didn't say otherwise either...

Well, there's no proof that life matters outside of an individual basis.
So I'll let humanity go with me.
We seem to be headed in that direction anyways.

It will be my final act, as the ultimate hater.

Eternal, HELL NO!
A lifetime, HELL NO!
10 years, HELL NO!
1 year, HELL NO!

Basically: Hel...excuse me...HELL NO!

There's two choices here. If you do not accept the offer, after you die of old age, the planet will be hit by a meteor large enough to destroy it completely.

If you choose to accept the offer, you will be taken immediately to a hellhole, where you will suffer eternal torment in which you will experience forever. This torture will never stop, it will continue even after the universe ceases to exist. You will never get used to the pain, it will be unbearable to the point that if a living human sees what is being done to you, that person will die right then and there.

Will you choose to save the planet or will you deny the offer and live the rest of your life, but dooming everyone after your death.

The planet's population is 7 billion.

This question really boils down to whether one would do this for their closest friends and family. Why would you go through this for a bunch of people you don't know? Unless I was legally obligated to if I saw someone on the street hurt I would keep walking. Why? Because I don't give a fuck and neither would they.

And what would happen to these people in this hypothetical situation after their death? Do they all go to paradise? A place equally as terrible as the one you proposed? Some in column A, some in column B?

There's two choices here. If you do not accept the offer, after you die of old age, the planet will be hit by a meteor large enough to destroy it completely.

If you choose to accept the offer, you will be taken immediately to a hellhole, where you will suffer eternal torment in which you will experience forever. This torture will never stop, it will continue even after the universe ceases to exist. You will never get used to the pain, it will be unbearable to the point that if a living human sees what is being done to you, that person will die right then and there.

Will you choose to save the planet or will you deny the offer and live the rest of your life, but dooming everyone after your death.

The planet's population is 7 billion.

Sure, as long as this eternal torment doesn't include having to listen to Nancy Pelosi talk, is devoid of any country music and Tom Brady... I'm down.

For humanity no. For my kids absolutely.

Eternal torment? What is that?
Does it grant me invincibility?

There is no such thing as an afterlife, so anything that happens after life 1.0 becomes irrelevant.

Give my life to save the word - Yes
Give my life and then suffer Eternal torment in the afterlife - Hell no

Last edited:
no. Humanity has gotten by this far without my sacrifice. Can't see a reason to throw a wrench in a well oiled machine now.

I don't accept the offer, the 7 billion "people" gets it too.

(You seem to think that the story of Jesus is factual, but let's disregard that for the sake of argument.)

My point is that Jesus' supposed epic sacrifice isn't that amazing when you remember all the details. He knew he'd only suffer for a while and then end up in Heaven with millions of people worshipping him.

A lot of people have had to endure worse torture and without the comforting idea of Heaven.

BraveHeart.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back