would you pay for an all-woman card

Failed troll thread. Some of you guys must be having a really hard time w/ the fact that Ronda is the face of the UFC, a woman. lol

I'm a fan of hers and I am STILL going through minor shock that yes a women is indeed the face of the company. NOT because I believe a women is incapable but simply for the fact it happened in this day and age where every other day on the news the sky is either falling, or terrorists will kill us all or statistically speaking the world could end in either a meteorite strike or death by Cop. On the average people seem to be just jumpier now a days.

I believe a women as the face of the UFC could actually open up the sport more to NEW eyes because we see these frail little delicate women who in some cases are juicing/juiced up (Cyborg) and winning, in yet others winning world titles because of crazy athleticism (Ronda) and world class Olympic class fight skills or yet others learning the sprawl and brawl stylings of a one M. Cro-Cop Filipovic (Joanna "The Fireball Girl" Jedrzejczyk :) ) and winning world titles based on that skill set alone.

Women are breaking traditional societal roles or barriers and moving forward dramatically and equally in a variety of ways and aren't frail, nor are they delicate flowers for men to protect, now if need be they can protect their boyfriends/husbands. :icon_surp

You really could NOT pick a better representative face of the UFC after GSP left than Ronda OR Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Ronda I believe will eclipse GSP and Brock as the one with future drawing power depending on how much higher her Q rating goes. I do not see anything capable of ending that aside from a loss for her.

It may ONLY be a sport but Ronda and Joanna are far more important because even though they have by and large a more shallow talent pools at Bantam weight as long as they are competing the UFC will continue to support not only WMMA and Invicta but it will eventually pave the way for the stars of the future hopefully becoming a viable means of employment for female athletes. They are also excellent role models for young girls, something that very few other areas of society or job industries can claim.

More so than politics, professional sports aside from MMA, more than other countries these women from various countries all work under the banner of the UFC and since they have built a brand that is HUGE that can and will support WMMA in the future. Thanks Ronda, you changed the WORLD girl!

If even for a short time.

Not at this point and it's not because I dislike WMMA. It's just that it's so young in the UFC I don't know how they could stack a card with enough talent. Ronda vs a big name like Cyborg. You would have to have Joanna on the card too and then a maybe two number one contender matches.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk is a exciting fighter, I love watching her.

But she will never be as popular to casual fans as Ronda.
She is not the second coming of Ronda. She won't be the next big thing in Hollywood. She's not going to be on the cover of every magazine
She will never get one million pay-per view buys.

I'm sorry to tell you the casual fans are on the hype train and they will be getting off sooner then you think.

No offense but you're wrong. You are simply attempting to prove me wrong and believing hyperbolic pessimism is NOT factual truth. We are stating opinions, neither you nor I can claim to know exactly what is going on right now. The fact is she moved laterally from another fighting art Muay Thai to MMA. It allows young women to move to somewhere else and fight. That by itself is an improvement. My entire point is not simply about Joanna though. There is a difference between the two. But thank you for attempting to point them out to me. ;-)

What MMA?? There is no MMA on display. We see one technique and a bunch of women without even the slightest MMA skills to stop it [Which really isn't that difficult].

Joanna J is about the only WMMA with a relatively well rounded skill set. Unfortunately in WMMA they have very little power so many of the grapplers can get heavily punished and still put her in bad positions.

Not difficult to stop Ronda's technique? Hmmm.

If it's not difficult to stop that means there must be women in the world who can 'easily' stop it.

Let's analyze...

Ronda is a multi millionaire and therefore anybody -- from any sport -- who could step up and beat her would be a multi millionaire too, with a future headlining UFC cards and tons of sponsorships (and more publicity than they could ever achieve in other sports).

So what you're saying is that other women who can stop Ronda's judo -- without any difficulty -- are purposely choosing to remain poor paupers in their respective sports cuz they don't want to be millionaires?

Yeah sure kid. I mean, old man.

Kind of goes against your theory that so many other deserving women (from other sports) are mad cuz Ronda gets all the money and attention which they deserve.

If that's really true -- you'd think they'd be tripping all over themselves to step up and beat Ronda and take her money and fame.

But that would require skillsets good enough to beat Ronda in the Octagon, which no other woman on the planet currently possesses.

Nice try Bowerman.

Ronda was once a hard working judoka who was poor and not recognized for her accomplishments. Just the type of woman you claim to respect.

Don't be jealous of Ronda sir.

Just cuz she's rich and famous and you're prolly a fat old pauper on a tight budget, that's not a reason to hate on Ronda so much.

Release that hate sir, you'll feel much better. :icon_lol:

I'd bet that Amanda Nunes would jack up Bowerman in a real fight.

Without much difficulty. :p

Would I pay for one?

Well, I don't know if there are enough truly interesting WMMA matches for me to fill out a card that I would pay for.

Trying to think...

I suppose something like:

Ronda vs Cyborg
Tate vs Cat II
115 Title Fight
Coenen at 135 vs someone...Holm?

Yeah maybe.

i'd be hard pressed to buy a card with ronda as the main event, period. just don't care about wmma.

Yes, as long as Ronda and/or JJ was on it. JJ vs. a legit competitor and Meisha I would buy as well. It would just have to have Ronda or JJ on it or its not worth it for me.

I wouldn't watch it if it was free.

Nunes vs Mcmann was a good fight.

To all you woman mma haters, only a fool would rather watch GSP vs. Hardy than Nunes vs McMann.

Only a fool would rather watch Bader vs Davis than Markos vs. Penne.

Only a fool would rather watch GSP vs. Alves than Zingano vs. Tate.

Only a fool would rather watch Condit vs. Diaz than Grasso vs. Mizuki.

It's not about gender, it's about entertaining fights. Not saying every women's fight is great but many of them are and the men have some boring fights too.

You shouldn't care about gender if the fights are good. If you are willing make a negative statement that includes the phrase "all women" (blah blah blah) then you are a fucken bigot and prolly a cheeto eating fat ass.

I don't blame Bowerman and LouisBolanos for their constant hating of all women fighters and women Olympians, cuz both of those dudes prolly got ignored by the top women in school and are now trying to compensate for that issue.

But for everybody else, please don't discriminate against all women fighters and please judge each fight by its own merits.

To all you woman mma haters, only a fool would rather watch GSP vs. Hardy than Nunes vs McMann.

It's not about gender, it's about entertaining fights. Not saying every women's fight is great but many of them are and the men have some boring fights too.

You shouldn't care about gender if the fights are good. If you are willing make a negative statement that includes the phrase "all women" (blah blah blah) then you are a fucken bigot and prolly a cheeto eating fat ass.

I don't blame Bowerman and LouisBolanos for their constant hating of all women fighters and women Olympians, cuz both of those dudes prolly got ignored by the top women in school and are now trying to compensate for that issue.

But for everybody else, please don't discriminate against all women fighters and please judge each fight by its own merits.
There are a lot of MMA fan don't want to watch/hate men's bantamweight/flyweight/midgetweight/manletweight. Does that mean men's bantam/fly/midgetweight/manletweight are boring or unskilled fighters?

I don't watch WNBA, Invicta, and women's softball. So what's the difference between not watching WNBA/Invicta/women's softball VS female fighters in UFC?

I find it extremely odd that it's OK to say that female athletes in other sports are boring/less talented than their male counterpart, but somehow WMMA gets the pass despite the fact that WMMA is less established & shallower compare to other women's mainstream sports.

I blame the koolaid that Dana White and UFC are feeding MMA fan.

Last edited:
I get every UFC event for free on BT sport and if this event was ever to happen I wouldn't watch it. I would probablyn watch Ronda beat some personal trainer/crossfit girl in the main event if someone paid me around

Damn,this is a really bad post. Wow.

Back