Would you opposed to Conor fighting for 155 title if he fights beats Gaethje next?

Its the matchup to make and has significant title implications. Seeing Conor come back to beat Cerrone does nothing for me other than to prove that Conor is still relevant. Especially considering the fact that Cerrone lost his last two fights by ko before the conor fight.

The fighters he lost to are the fighters that fans are asking to see Conor matched up against, but instead we got to see Conor fight the loser of both fights. If the plan was to have a tune up fight, then sure it makes sense, but using it as a way to fight for title is embarassing. I hear Kavanagh talking about how he wants Conor to fight Gaethje next, and was wondering how you guys would feel about Conor beating Gaethje next and proceeding to fight for the title.

I'm all in personally. Dont like the cherry picking, especially considering the crazy fact that Conor will probably be favorite against both Tony or Gaethje, and still he chooses to take easier fights or only fight for title. What happened to backing up all the talk? If he fights Masvidal or Usman at 170, he most likely loses so no point about talking 155 title shot afterwards but if he chooses to fight Gaethje, that would deserve some respect and open up a possible title shot that even Khabib couldn't argue with

Depends is the fight at 155 or 170

170 opposed
155 all for the title rematch

Its the matchup to make and has significant title implications. Seeing Conor come back to beat Cerrone does nothing for me other than to prove that Conor is still relevant. Especially considering the fact that Cerrone lost his last two fights by ko before the conor fight.

The fighters he lost to are the fighters that fans are asking to see Conor matched up against, but instead we got to see Conor fight the loser of both fights. If the plan was to have a tune up fight, then sure it makes sense, but using it as a way to fight for title is embarassing. I hear Kavanagh talking about how he wants Conor to fight Gaethje next, and was wondering how you guys would feel about Conor beating Gaethje next and proceeding to fight for the title.

I'm all in personally. Dont like the cherry picking, especially considering the crazy fact that Conor will probably be favorite against both Tony or Gaethje, and still he chooses to take easier fights or only fight for title. What happened to backing up all the talk? If he fights Masvidal or Usman at 170, he most likely loses so no point about talking 155 title shot afterwards but if he chooses to fight Gaethje, that would deserve some respect and open up a possible title shot that even Khabib couldn't argue with

They wanna fight abunch of LW’s at 170, it’s a complete farce.

They want 170 give him a legit contender fight there so we can send his ass back on a year long binder that he will claim he wasn’t focused for

If he beats Gaethje - even at 170lbs, I'd say yes.

No. That would still only make him 2-1 at LW, but I would rather Gaethje have the loss before they just throwing him off to the side to give a guy who's 1-1 at LW his 3rd consecutive title shot.
He’s 2-1 at Lightweight but a 2 division champ including the former LW champ.

No problem at all, beating Gaethje and Cowboy back to back is good enough to justify a title shot. Especially if he does it impressively like he did against Cerrone. Also I would be hype as fuck for the match up itself.

and still he chooses to take easier fights or only fight for title. What happened to backing up all the talk? If he fights Masvidal or Usman at 170, he most likely loses so no point about talking 155 title shot afterwards but if he chooses to fight Gaethje, that would deserve some respect and open up a possible title shot that even Khabib couldn't argue with

The betting odds of Conors' fights tell a different story. Outside of Brandao and Siver the biggest underdog was Nate Diaz at +280.

No other opponent closed at over +200...not 1 out of all of his fights.

People re-write history because of the way he won, but at the time of the fights he was only a big favorite in 2 fights.

Conor wants to fight Khabib, Masvidal or Gaethje....yet you say he cherry picks easy fights? You even say he would lose to masvidal. So exactly how is he demanding easy fights if you think he loses to 2/3 of them?

I think Conor and coach want Justin, but UFC do not. If Conor loses, the highest PPV of all time is off the table. Then say Conor loses again, goes off the rails agin, retires? Then what? You left possibly hundreds of millions on the table.

Sadly, its a business, not a youth sport. WME wants to get the highest return and that means making the rematch with Conor know and not chancing anything. We'll see, but I partly wouldn't be surprised if someone poisoned Tony's water, or laid cables all around him around to trip on, or something so he doesn't upset the applecart and Conor get the shot (I kid).

Back