Would you opposed to Conor fighting for 155 title if he fights beats Gaethje next?

As much as I dislike all the mcg circus I'd say no I'd be totally fine with it as long as he doesn't get unfair advantages and undeserved TS...

0% chance he beats Aldo, 0% chance he beats Alvarez, 0% chance he fight Floyd, 0% chance he fights Khabib, 0% chance he returns to UFC....
I'm not sure why you felt the need to interject this. I picked Conor over Aldo, and over Eddie. No one in the world thought he wouldn't fight Floyd for 100 million dollars... winning was a different story.

He handpicked Cerrone of Gaethje, despite that he was just KO'd by Gaethje. Its a fact.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to interject this. I picked Conor over Aldo, and over Eddie. No one in the world thought he wouldn't fight Floyd for 100 million dollars... winning was a different story.

He handpicked Cerrone of Gaethje, despite that he was just KO'd by Gaethje. Its a fact.
Good luck. You're trying to talk to a guy who slobberknocks over Conor every other thread, and then starts new threads with "I'm no Conor fan, but....(insert more slobberknocking here)"

he has to beat justin, dustin, and loser of tony kabib for title shot imo

If they do it ar 170 like Kavanagh said fuck no

If they do it at 155 fuck yeah

I’m saying who else is in the mix for a title shot. Dustin isn’t right now as he has work to do himself to get back there.
So I’m just saying I wouldn’t be opposed to Conor being considered for a title shot if he fought and beat Justin at 155.

I agree that Poirier has work to do to get back into contention after losing a title fight. Surely you'll agree that McG has work to do to get back into contention after losing a title fight.
Poirier hasn't fought since losing his title fight; McG has fought once, but in another weight class. Is McG far ahead of Poirier at this point?
I agree with you that it wouldn't be insane to give McG a title shot if he scores a big win, but I would say the same about Poirier. I also don't think it would be insane to have them fight each other for the TS.

I didnt realize you were Conor's manager. Lmao

Yes but it has to be at 155.
His coach seems to think he can fight at 170 n only fight for the title at 155.
Seems silly

Agreed. If he wants a TS at 155, he needs to fight at 155. Unless the UFC is willing to make all contender bouts 1 weight class up. Which I would not be opposed to.

I agree that Poirier has work to do to get back into contention after losing a title fight. Surely you'll agree that McG has work to do to get back into contention after losing a title fight.
Poirier hasn't fought since losing his title fight; McG has fought once, but in another weight class. Is McG far ahead of Poirier at this point?
I agree with you that it wouldn't be insane to give McG a title shot if he scores a big win, but I would say the same about Poirier. I also don't think it would be insane to have them fight each other for the TS.
I agree with you all around.

Most definitely and that's exactly that I have implied. Based on what we've heard from Conor and his coaches, absolutely nothing suggests that he intends to skip the line right into the rematch against Khabib. He might fight twice before that possibility is even considered and I agree with you - at least one of his fights (wins) would have to be at 155. Justin seems like a reasonable choice.

kav was saying they want Gaethje at 170...wtf

I don't know why everyone thinks Justin Gaethje is some TOP championship guy.

Can someone explain how the fuck he got KO'd by Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Porier? But then look at what Conor did to both of them with ease, the exact same thing he did to Cerrone. Nah, Conor needs to fight Tony or Masvidal next. Those are the only two options. Not go back down the ladder and fight another guy who got KO'd by guys Conor already beat.

agree with the majority of what you are saying TS - super exciting a match up against Justin

If I got my way, Conor would fight and beat Justin next. Masvidal somehow gets past Usman. Conor Destroys Masvidal. Tony smashes Khabib and gets KO"D by McG.

I think this question is a perfect litmus test for trolls and haters. IMO, defeating Gaethje, Poirier or Ferguson would validate the rematch.

It would make sense and it's his best shot at getting another crack

That being said I like Justin's chances against Khabib over Conor's

McGregor vs. Willie from swamp people at 122lb catchweight, for the Lightweight belt, cause theyre both natural 155ers. Totally legit fight. Buy it. Also a very legit match would be Conor vs. Kabibs great uncle, at Any weight, for Any belt Conor chooses. Buy it

Back