Would you opposed to Conor fighting for 155 title if he fights beats Gaethje next?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Its the matchup to make and has significant title implications. Seeing Conor come back to beat Cerrone does nothing for me other than to prove that Conor is still relevant. Especially considering the fact that Cerrone lost his last two fights by ko before the conor fight.

The fighters he lost to are the fighters that fans are asking to see Conor matched up against, but instead we got to see Conor fight the loser of both fights. If the plan was to have a tune up fight, then sure it makes sense, but using it as a way to fight for title is embarassing. I hear Kavanagh talking about how he wants Conor to fight Gaethje next, and was wondering how you guys would feel about Conor beating Gaethje next and proceeding to fight for the title.

I'm all in personally. Dont like the cherry picking, especially considering the crazy fact that Conor will probably be favorite against both Tony or Gaethje, and still he chooses to take easier fights or only fight for title. What happened to backing up all the talk? If he fights Masvidal or Usman at 170, he most likely loses so no point about talking 155 title shot afterwards but if he chooses to fight Gaethje, that would deserve some respect and open up a possible title shot that even Khabib couldn't argue with

Last edited:
Of course I wouldn’t oppose.

That’s the fight he should have gunned for to begin with if he wanted a title shot. Instead, he handpicked the guy Gaethje KO’d just before.

About a 0% chance he fights Gaethje.

If he fought and beat Justin at 155 then yes, he’d be right in the mix for a shot against Tony/Khabib winner. Who else is right there? FKL? Anyone else?

Connie will fight whoever the fook he wants!!!

I wish Sherdog would set a limit on how many Conor threads can be started per day. I’d rather read about WMMA at this point.

Conor vs Garthje is a great #1 contender fight. If you got a problem with either getting a shot after they win that fight you’re either retarded or a hater.

The fight with Cowboy don't mean shit to me personally, that was established when the matchup was made. Him beating Gathje (and at LW) would definitely put him in the mix against Khabib though.

If he beats Gaethje, then he deserves to fight the winner of Khabib-Ferguson.

His next UFC fight should be either Masvidal or Gaethje.

No. That would still only make him 2-1 at LW, but I would rather Gaethje have the loss before they just throwing him off to the side to give a guy who's 1-1 at LW his 3rd consecutive title shot.

No,he should fight michael johnson or raging al at 170 to get the next title shot.

Of course not, he would be the deserving number one contender.

Yes but it has to be at 155.
His coach seems to think he can fight at 170 n only fight for the title at 155.
Seems silly

I'd say the winner of Conor/Gaethje fighting the winner of Khabib/Tony is fair.

But Conor shouldn't leapfrog Gaethje without fighting him.

Not at all. Cowboy fight was a waste of time. I would’ve been cool with Conor/Justin for #1 contender right off

Not at all. Cowboy fight was a waste of time. I would’ve been cool with Conor/Justin for #1 contender right off

While it may look that way now, I still believe that Conor needed a tune-up fight if he's really getting back to his former self. If what he said is true (emphasis on activity) then what the heck, he should be back in April. Khabib has a fight against Tony scheduled anyway and after that he'll be away until Sept/Oct due to Ramadan if I'm correct so everything's good.

Of course I wouldn’t oppose.

That’s the fight he should have gunned for to begin with if he wanted a title shot. Instead, he handpicked the guy Gaethje KO’d just before.

About a 0% chance he fights Gaethje.
That's the same thing a lot of people said about him fighting Mayweather and Khabib.

Hell na. If he beats Gaethje, why the fuck wouldn't you give him the shot?

Back