Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

two of those guys got fights lined up. stipe doesn't but come on man, a 1 fight win streak against hunt. ffs technically fedor is on a bigger win streak. stipe should get matched against rothwell. i'm not confident he would beat big ben either

Yeah, but a three fight win streak against who? Monson, Ishii, and Rizzo from 3 years ago? The reason I say it's not 2007 anymore is that is the year Couture got his shot at Sylvia after coming off of a loss at LHW. The HW division was paper-thin at the time. It's not now. There are legit contenders who should not be passed up.

I won't complain if Fedor gets the immediate shot because I want to see him facing top UFC competition (and especially Werdum again). But nostalgia shouldn't trump the guys who have earned their current positions through actual top 10 wins. Give him one of those guys first, I guess. Or give him Barnett or Mir or Overeem or even Bigfoot if he wants a chance to avenge a loss. But I would rather see Fedor earn a shot by picking up at least one win over a ranked opponent more recently than 2009.

Hypothetically speaking of course, If Fedor were to sign with the UFC and he immediately received a title shot at Fabricio Werdum. How would you feel about this? Is it undeserved? Should he have to fight a contender first? Or is his reputation enough to warrant an immediate title opportunity?

Personally, I believe that Fedor is one of, if not they greatest mixed martial artists of all time. When you have someone with his reputation, aura and the fact that he would definitely be motivated to avenge his first legitimate loss. I feel it makes the most interest and business sense.

It's incredibly undeserved. That said, he's known as the best HW ever. He's on a 3 fight win streak regardless of his time off from fighting. Monson, Ishii, and Rizzo I believe. Since they're skipping Arlovski for some reason that's beyond me I hope it actually is Fedor. Rather Fedor v. Werdum 2 than Werdum v. Stipe.

No but I wouldn't be upset as a fan if they gave him someone like Arlovski or even Hendo, Bigfoot, Mark Hunt

i want to see him fight a normal fight in UFC first against a good opponent.

I would have him fight Mir or Arlovski then if he wins get a title shot. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting a title shot immediately though. I think having him fight a popular guy like Mir/Arlovski would be a great way to draw in casuals who might not know who he is

No. Only because he left on a winning streak and he's a guy that we've always wanted to see in the UFC.

I wanted Arlovski to get the next shot but if he's fighting Mir, I don't think Stipe or Cain are anymore deserving than Fedor right now.

I don't like it.
And I am a huge Fedor fan!

It might make "Business" sense, but that's nt good for the sport.
And I like Fedor for his contribution to the sport, not for filling up anyone's pockets, so business sense has nothing to do with it.

I would rather GSP gets an immediate title shot than Fedor.
Because Fedor lost 3 times and then won some, but against much weaker competition.
That does not allow him to simply get back onto a title shot.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Fedor as the UFC champ! It would shut up any retard who discredits his career.

But I'd rather he fights a couple of times before he gets to the belt!

I wouldn't mind at all :)
I hope it happens!

I love Fedor, but I don't think he should be allowed a title shot in his first fight in the UFC.
He has been out of the sport and if recent pictures are anything to go by he hasnt been exactly hitting the gym regularly. We need to see the evidence the hunger is back and put him in with a good top 10 opponent and lets take a look at him. Time waits for no man......

Last edited:
Fine with me. Especially with Werdum being the guy who snapped Fedor's streak.

I love Fedor, but I don't think he should be allowed a title shot in his first fight in the UFC.
He is coming off consecutive losses, a general lack of interest in training and MMA.
He has been out of the sport and if recent pictures are anything to go by he hasnt been exactly hitting the gym regularly. We need to see the evidence the hunger is back and put him in with a good top 10 opponent and lets take a look at him. Time waits for no man......

No he is not. :redface:

get your facts straight before spoutin off at da mouf mate

its all about the money

the were willing to give Gina Carano a title shot, they would probably do the same for Fedor

On the Principle of title shots being "earned"... Yes, I would object.

From an entertainment stance and finally seeing Fedor in the UFC... Nope, bring it on!

No he is not. :redface:

get your facts straight before spoutin off at da mouf mate

Ok point taken, my bad :icon_lol:. Should really have said in relation to fighting in a "meaningful" organisation against fighters who were somewhat in shape. Not Monson, random dude and Rizzo...Seriously I don't think anyone is chalking them up as huge, meaningful wins are they?

Back