Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

well, Condit, Gus, and Betch have title shots.

So whatever.

Will I buy? Yes surely. Will you? Probably not. You're still going to stream it though aint ya, so what's the point of complaining.

Normally, I'd say no... however, this is also assuming that Werdum faces Stipe next since rumors say Arlovski is fighting Mir.

If Werdum takes an extended vacation or beats Miocic, I see no problem with Fedor coming in and getting a shot at redemption. Otherwise, I'd love to see him rematch Crocop as a tune up fight, and if successful, then give him a shot.

Well Brock Lesnar got a title shot after going 1-1 in the UFC, so I don't see any problems if they give an immediate TS to Fedor.

Nothing against giving him a title shot. GOAT deserves it.

In other cases also, winning streak is not the only thing important.

GOAT

Fedor-Emelianenko-mma-739036_346_500.jpg

simply put no.

he doesnt deserve the shot atm but alot of contenders dont deserve a shot nowadays. and that said he is the Goat.

I would be ok with it if Werdum is still the champ when he comes back AND if he comes back for more than one fight.

The UFC doesn't care if someone deserves a title shot. They care about making money. I would LOVE to see Feder vs. Werdum rematch, and I'm sure a lot of the hardcore fans would too. However, I don't know how popular Fedor is with the newer fans, and how much of a draw he'd actually be. That said, if they gave Fedor vs Werdum half the amount of publicity that a Ronda or Connor gets, this fight would be HUGE!

If it was like in the LHW divison where the only challenger on a streak is the proof of how thin the division has become I wouldn't mind. The HW division is thin as it's always been but there are at least proper contenders lined up. Therefor Fedor will have to earn it, especially since he won't be a huge moneymaker. He's famous among hardcore fans and in some regions where you make less money.

I would have no problem at all with it. The GOAT should get what he wants. It is also what Werdum would probably want the most, as well.

lol no objection whatsoever.
however I would like Fedor to avenge his losses, and if gets the titles right away, there is no way he will fight Hendo or Big Foot again :(

cmon
hes just a fighter too
the goat, but still...its unrealistic, even for the ufc

what??? I doubt you have been watching UFC as long as your join date might suggest.

No objections.
I would also have no obections if the fight isn't for the title...

I wouldnt object to them just handing it to him as his divine right,but nah i dont think realistically thats the way to go. he should see what hes got after all this time against some lesser guys first.

Not at all. No one should object this.

If there were no contenders maybe, but as of now absolutely not.

Not the match I'd make but I wouldn't object if it happened.

Hypothetically speaking of course, If Fedor were to sign with the UFC and he immediately received a title shot at Fabricio Werdum. How would you feel about this? Is it undeserved? Should he have to fight a contender first? Or is his reputation enough to warrant an immediate title opportunity?

Personally, I believe that Fedor is one of, if not they greatest mixed martial artists of all time. When you have someone with his reputation, aura and the fact that he would definitely be motivated to avenge his first legitimate loss. I feel it makes the most interest and business sense.

In an age where at LHW you can get knocked the fuck out and still get a title shot then anything is possible.

Fedor getting the shot makes a lot more sense than Gus or Condit getting title shots...and those dubious title shots are only resent, don't get me started on Chael getting a shot at LHW..

I think most of the kids that oppose Fedor getting an immediate title shot are just that. kids.
Fedor would be re-matching Werdum. Its easy

Back