Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

MirByArmbar

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking of course, If Fedor were to sign with the UFC and he immediately received a title shot at Fabricio Werdum. How would you feel about this? Is it undeserved? Should he have to fight a contender first? Or is his reputation enough to warrant an immediate title opportunity?

Personally, I believe that Fedor is one of, if not they greatest mixed martial artists of all time. When you have someone with his reputation, aura and the fact that he would definitely be motivated to avenge his first legitimate loss. I feel it makes the most interest and business sense.

Fedor gave the opportunity to beat him, to many unworthy opponents. I think it's fine that someone returns the favour to him.

No objections at all.

Yea there is no way hew should get a shot at the title as his first fight in the UFC.

No, only because there are a few undeserved title shots right now (Gus , Condit)

In any other circumstance I would say yes.

But it's fucking Fedor. So no. In fact I very much encourage this idea.

Yes. Last ranked win was 6 years ago

Isnt he coming of a losing streak or something? did he beat some cans to get some confidence back? There is really not much of a reputation to rely on, i mean, his last fights on a major organization were loses back in Strikeforce.

I would, but I can't really complain when guys have had title shots coming off of losses.

And I believe he is on a two-fight win streak, officially.

He should have to get a win or two before getting a chance for the title. Give him Cain or jds.

I don't think he should, but there are fighters already getting title shots that aren't deserved.

Fedor has accomplished more in the sport than any of them, so I'd be fine with it.

If Werdum is on the throne then I would prefer he started with somebody else since Werdum IS the OG Fedor slayer. Anybody else, though, and I say go for it. I wouldn't even strongly object to Werdum.

There are some men who can cut to the front of the line and do almost anything they want. Those men wish they were Fedor.

Is there any bigger fight in the HW division than Fedor vs Werdum 2?

Seriously, is there?

Not at all. Not even a Fedor fan, but like...come on. It would be epic.

Back