Would you object to Fedor's FIRST fight in the UFC being for the Heavyweight Title?

Cans? You mean 2 former UFC HW title contenders and an Olympic gold medalist? lol

Well, do you think Ken Shamrock is a can this days? Because he got beat by Kimbo..... 2 of those wins are against old, way past their prime, semi retired fighters, former UFC contenders, like a long time ago, ....when he had the chance to beat the top competition in SF he failed, 3 times in a row, Henderson wasnt even a true HW!!!

Yes. Fedro is not a legendary cage fighter. He isn't nearly as good in a cage as he is in a ring

I don't have a problem with it. If Randy Couture can come out of retirement as a LHW coming off a loss and fight for the HW title against Tim Slyvia the precedent has already been set.

If rather see Arlovski or stipe vs fedor but would still watch the fight vs werdum

Of course. He hasn't beaten anybody good in like 5 years. I hope he gets wrecked so I can see people cry on here

Absolutely.

Get in line, kid.

I think two fights min before he gets a crack. 1st fight against top 6-10, than 3-6, than championship fight. I doubt he makes it past the first test though.

Hypothetically speaking of course, If Fedor were to sign with the UFC and he immediately received a title shot at Fabricio Werdum. How would you feel about this? Is it undeserved? Should he have to fight a contender first? Or is his reputation enough to warrant an immediate title opportunity?

Personally, I believe that Fedor is one of, if not they greatest mixed martial artists of all time. When you have someone with his reputation, aura and the fact that he would definitely be motivated to avenge his first legitimate loss. I feel it makes the most interest and business sense.

No. There have been far less deserving title shots plus it is a rematch.

Probably not because the HW division is fucking terrible and that would be at least somewhat interesting.

Fuck these Fedor threads and fuck the dudes who post the same shit time and time again.

Given the current state of the UFC's HW division, I'd rank him at N

Miocic, Arlovski, and JDS all in line for a title shot. Cain one post-loss destruction fight away from a rematch. I'm sure they object to being passed over for a guy who last beat a ranked fighter 6 years ago. HW GOAT or not, it's not 2007 anymore.

No I would not. I wouldn't like it as a Fedor fan to take a big fight this early though

Is there any bigger fight in the HW division than Fedor vs Werdum 2?

Seriously, is there?

nope. maybe if bork laser came back and got a title shot it would draw more eyes but that aint happening. i'm kind of thinking whole lot is going on we aint hearing about. arlovski vs mir and jds vs reem has me thinking their letting werdum sit in hopes of bringing in fedor

Miocic, Arlovski, and JDS all in line for a title shot. Cain one post-loss destruction fight away from a rematch. I'm sure they object to being passed over for a guy who last beat a ranked fighter 6 years ago. HW GOAT or not, it's not 2007 anymore.

two of those guys got fights lined up. stipe doesn't but come on man, a 1 fight win streak against hunt. ffs technically fedor is on a bigger win streak. stipe should get matched against rothwell. i'm not confident he would beat big ben either

I want him vs Mir or Barnett to see where he is at. But if it's Werdum sure. I don't recall fedor ever getting blasted in the stand up. Fujita caught him, cro cop dinged him, Bigfoot slung it out with him and I remember the straight right landing.. Rogers landed a jab, arlovski landed a push kick.. Guy has great defense standing vs Werdum doesn't scare me.

Eh . . . he could get the Couture treatment (when he came out of retirement to fight Tim Sylvia, coming off a loss at LHW), but I doubt the UFC sees Fedor as highly as they thought of Couture back then.

They gave Horn an immediate title shot at chuck. I don't see why they wouldn't do it for werdum/fedor.

Fedor isn't coming to the UFC but yeah fuck it why not.

As long as its Werdum, JDS, or Cain i'll be happy. I don't want any baby fights for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back