Would you get counseling to salvage your marriage/relationship?

On the one hand, people these days don't have nearly the dedication in marriage that folks did back in the day. Nobody understands what perseverance means anymore. Persevere without even knowing you are trying hard. It was just what they did.
Real talk. My grandparents loved each other so much it would blow people's minds.

The problem is that people these days are selfish.

The only reason people were 'more dedicated' in years past had to do with necessity. Women couldn't afford to get divorced, and there was more of a social stigma against it.

I think I would. But I've never had a relationship longer than a few months so I dont really know what I'm talking about

The only reason people were 'more dedicated' in years past had to do with necessity. Women couldn't afford to get divorced, and there was more of a social stigma against it.

The corollary of this, in my opinion, is that the increased divorce rate isn't a bad thing. It just means that bad relationships that couldn't end before are now able to end.

I've got no kids, so probably not. I'm very well rounded, emotionally, spiritually and physically...

a trip to your pastor or local priest for some talk saves a ton of money. If you're an atheist you probably have a high opinion of yourself so I don't think you'd even consider counseling.

lol~

If I was married, I don't see why not.

Marriage should be a group effort.
If anything, the moderator will let me get in few words edgewise before she can storm out of the room. Just kidding, never been married, so I can't speak to that, but I'd imagine I'd try to salvage what I got into.

Back