Would you get counseling to salvage your marriage/relationship?

I read a book and went to couples therapy to see if it could help with my marriage. It helped but not to fix our relationship. It helped me to know I was done and it helps me in my current relationship to not make the same hurtful mistakes I made with my wife and to make sure my gf understands what I need from her to be happy.

It was worthwhile.

That's horrible. Was this something that came out if nowhere or could you see her doing something like this before? Or are both of you like that, not judging just wondering.

I've posted this here before. My ex would call me at work and ask me to stop and get something on the way home. It was strange because she was off work 1/2 hour before I was. I would pick up what she requested but she would claim it was the wrong item or wrong brand and she would get very angry and try to argue about it. Unknown to her, I set up a recorder on the phone to prove to her that I got what she requested. That's how I got the conversation with her friend.

I tried it a while back with an ex, needless to say it failed miserably. Biggest waste of time ever IMO.

I've posted this here before. My ex would call me at work and ask me to stop and get something on the way home. It was strange because she was off work 1/2 hour before I was. I would pick up what she requested but she would claim it was the wrong item or wrong brand and she would get very angry and try to argue about it. Unknown to her, I set up a recorder on the phone to prove to her that I got what she requested. That's how I got the conversation with her friend.

That sucks man. I wish you better luck in your next girl or happy meaningless sex for your remainder, whichever you prefer.

Hell yeah I'd do it. Before I met her, I went to counseling for personal reasons, and she had been prior as well. We harvest only positive thoughts on counseling, so going in with a mindset of knowing it can help and you want to fix it makes it that much better.

It's good to get an outside opinion on these matters.

Usually to far south by the time you get to consider counseling.......Move On. Get it over with....

I'd consider it. I don't see how it can help with infidelity though.

JESS: Infidelity is not the problem. It's a symptom of the what's really bothering her.
HARRY: Well that symptom is fucking my wife!

No,

but having a third persons objective perspective in a relationship issues may help, but it doesnt have to be a therapist, you can ask a family member or a friend to do it for free

i wouldn't think that a friend or family member's opinion would be objective.

i think that there are marriage counselors for a reason. they probably do some good.

Councilors only work when both people in the relationship truly want to reconcile. If not, it is going to be just a lot of wasted time and money until everyone gets fed up and splits like they wanted to anyways. Sometimes the best therapy is figuring shit out on your own apart from the relationship.

I say this from experience.

i think that there are marriage counselors for a reason. they probably do some good.

And then we have the Mayberry for an unbiased objective third person perspective.

And then we have the Mayberry for an unbiased objective third person perspective.

A perspective from violent barbarians who like to watch men beat each others brains out.

it was bad example from me

That sucks man. I wish you better luck in your next girl or happy meaningless sex for your remainder, whichever you prefer.

That was back in the 70s and it's been mostly meaningless sex since then.

If you are a well developed "normal" person then therapy isn't going to help. I however am fucked up so I go from time to time. Not to save a relationship though.

Back