would you fight someone that was physically bigger, stronger than you

if it was one on one , and I knew they had no martial arts or fight training , then hell yea.

Yes, but I would fight dirty and not hold back.

if it was one on one , and I knew they had no martial arts or fight training , then hell yea.

You will pretty much never know this against a random opponent out in the streets or at a bar etc

If I didn't know the guy, why would I believe he can kick my ass just because he's bigger than me?

I'll fight anyone whether they're bigger and stronger than me or not. Just because they're bigger doesn't mean they're a better fighter. Even if they do end up kicking the crap outta me, hopefully I'll hurt them badly enough that they won't wanna fight me again.

In another life i took alot of pleasure from beating the shit out of guys who were bigger than me and who picked fights with me. It became kind of a hobby i guess.

A bit of background, i worked in bars for about 17 years and fights, fighting, were readily available. You could try yourself against just about any demo you wanted...military guys fail hard in bar fights btw....not proud to say it but it was a fact....never saw a guy call out his military cred and win. I'm looking at you Fort Drum.

The toughest guys never looked like the image we all have of the toughest guys....EVER. I saw a fucken fat, wrong headed looking guy POUND three musclenuts in front of 100 people....and he didn't lose a sweat.

My point here is don't ever underestimate yourself based on what the other guy looks like.

we can't all be patrick swayze

I really don't want to fight anyone unless I'm at the gym sparring or in an actual sanctioned fight.

But if I absolutely have to defend myself or someone else I would. Really I don't view size as a decided factor though. If you train and are fighting someone that doesn't, there isn't much of an advantage.

Last edited:
You will pretty much never know this against a random opponent out in the streets or at a bar etc

Are you a moran? If someone is walking around with a UFC/Tapout/Afflication tattoo and/or t-shirt, clearly they have some level of UFC training, or have at least watched a couple of UFC's which makes them an honorary purple belt in UFC. The more UFC related attire that they have on the more training that they have. God some people are so stupid.

I fucked up a much bigger, younger guy who was abusing his dog a couple months ago. So, yes.

Only if he was an orange belt after 5 years.

Got into a fight in grade 10 with 4 big Korean guys and I knocked one of them down and then the other 3 grabbed me and beat the shit out of me

In "real world" situations it's often not about how big you are, but who throws the first punch. My Uncle is 6'5 and he got punched by a drunk idiot who was a little bigger than me, about 6'1 I guess, he did nothing. I saw it happen and hit the guy while my uncle grabbed his bleeding nose and I knocked him off balance, and he backed off while I'm a 5'10 skinny dude.

I don't care if they're bigger, or smaller.

I only fight if there's a real purpose. I used to fight quite a bit. Bar fights, and fighting on the street in general is stupid. I don't fight anymore....well, I will if I have to, but I'll try and talk my way out of it first. If that doesn't work, and fighting is the last option...I guess that's what it has to be.

I'll get my ass beat before I let someone disrespect me to my face and put their hands on me or someone I'm with.

There's always someone bigger and badder than you are, and some cuts and bruises heal faster than your pride and self-image if you don't stand up for yourself.

I've tested those waters and got destroyed. One time I had a bar stool handy and won easily. I woke up in jail.

Back