would you fight someone that was physically bigger, stronger than you

In hockey it would be a no brainer defending a teammate or just got cheap shotted or something but I think on the street it would be avoid at all costs unless backed into a corner type deal.

I had a situation thrust upon me somewhat like this many years back.
I was a wee lad, back in the old country, when.. oh wait, wrong story.

I was a high school senior and I was hanging out at a basketball court, waiting for a friend to come by so we could see a movie, and this chick, who I had a class with, and her bf, who I knew of, but not personally, started having an altercation. I didn't know either of them well out side their name, but the chick knew who I was. So I'm leaning against my car by the bleachers, when this dude starts to get rowdy. The dude was drunk and like 22, but I knew who he was, because he had two brothers in the high school. The trio were known as the Dixon brothers. I start to look around and I notice that no one else is there but us three, and this dude is effin big. He's explosive, rowdy and drunk, so nothing is look good for me. I suppose I could have walked away because the girl didn't ask for me to intervene, nor did either of them really acknowledge I was even there. But regardless, I saw where the situation was going, and I let out a deep sigh to myself. I can still remember vividly how I bent over, and re-laced my shoes really tight, emptied my pockets on the ground, and prepared to get my ass whooped. I was so damn mad that this had to happen, and probably more mad that my friend was late, thus resulting in me still being here to see this unravel. Again, the girl never asked for any help, but I couldn't sit there and do nothing any more. Sure enough, as I finish my prepping, he puts his hands on her, grabbing her and slamming her against a nearby chain-link fence. So she yanks her hands free of his, and at this opportunity, I appear out of nowhere between the two of them, like the dark knight, and much like the dark knight, I grabbed him, and spoke the immortal words of "hey man, be cool." But this guy, much to my not surprise, apparently did not want to be cool. He looks at me like I just told him 2pac wore high heels, and his mama had a peg leg. The girl says nothing as I do this, apparently content to watch me take the beating. He yanks his hands from me and utters a few expletives about getting my hands off-a him and starts walking toward me. At this point I'm ready for my ass whooping, but at least content that no one was going to see it, and that worldstarhiphop would not be invented for at least another 13 years. He continues to move forward, apparently too drunk to throw a punch, instead opting to try and grab me and tackle me to the ground. This is before I learned any jits, so I didn't try to jump guard as much as I tried to guard my junk. Fortunately, and miraculously, some people came out of the nearby apartments, one of them his mom, and she called him in and he left. The girl never said thank you to me, or anything at all about the situation. No one at school or anywhere else ever knew what I did, but I did feel kind of special at the end of the day.

I've been lucky that they've all backed down to my absurd bluffs. I'm 5'8" and not intimidating, but every now and then some 6'3" or whatever dude decides to be an asshole. At the first sign of a problem between us, I let him know I'm ready to go to the hospital with him. It's worked so far, and when it doesn't I'm sure I'll make an "I got beat up by a giant" thread.

No honour in a street fight.

Do what you have to do to get yourself out of danger.

I had a situation thrust upon me somewhat like this many years back.
I was a wee lad, back in the old country, when.. oh wait, wrong story.

I was a high school senior and I was hanging out at a basketball court, waiting for a friend to come by so we could see a movie, and this chick, who I had a class with, and her bf, who I knew of, but not personally, started having an altercation. I didn't know either of them well out side their name, but the chick knew who I was. So I'm leaning against my car by the bleachers, when this dude starts to get rowdy. The dude was drunk and like 22, but I knew who he was, because he had two brothers in the high school. The trio were known as the Dixon brothers. I start to look around and I notice that no one else is there but us three, and this dude is effin big. He's explosive, rowdy and drunk, so nothing is look good for me. I suppose I could have walked away because the girl didn't ask for me to intervene, nor did either of them really acknowledge I was even there. But regardless, I saw where the situation was going, and I let out a deep sigh to myself. I can still remember vividly how I bent over, and re-laced my shoes really tight, emptied my pockets on the ground, and prepared to get my ass whooped. I was so damn mad that this had to happen, and probably more mad that my friend was late, thus resulting in me still being here to see this unravel. Again, the girl never asked for any help, but I couldn't sit there and do nothing any more. Sure enough, as I finish my prepping, he puts his hands on her, grabbing her and slamming her against a nearby chain-link fence. So she yanks her hands free of his, and at this opportunity, I appear out of nowhere between the two of them, like the dark knight, and much like the dark knight, I grabbed him, and spoke the immortal words of "hey man, be cool." But this guy, much to my not surprise, apparently did not want to be cool. He looks at me like I just told him 2pac wore high heels, and his mama had a peg leg. The girl says nothing as I do this, apparently content to watch me take the beating. He yanks his hands from me and utters a few expletives about getting my hands off-a him and starts walking toward me. At this point I'm ready for my ass whooping, but at least content that no one was going to see it, and that worldstarhiphop would not be invented for at least another 13 years. He continues to move forward, apparently too drunk to throw a punch, instead opting to try and grab me and tackle me to the ground. This is before I learned any jits, so I didn't try to jump guard as much as I tried to guard my junk. Fortunately, and miraculously, some people came out of the nearby apartments, one of them his mom, and she called him in and he left. The girl never said thank you to me, or anything at all about the situation. No one at school or anywhere else ever knew what I did, but I did feel kind of special at the end of the day.

LOL. Nice

i always feel like fighting dirty is the great equalizer. knee even a 6'3 dude in the nuts and he goes all fetal and helpless like anyone else.

people will view as a douche for it but if you're truly in the situation where he's going to either beat the living fuck out of me or i'm going to incapacitate him enough to then haul ass or capitalize with strikes then i gotta do what i gotta do.

that being said, i havent fought nor do i want to fight anybody. if a bigger dude started pushing me i'd probably just walk away to try to extricate myself from the situation. id rather be called pussy than get my clock cleaned.

I agree with this. Im not looking for fights but if I feel I'm gonna get my ass kicked I'll do whatever I can to protect myself.

If I am in a street fight it is because I don't have an option but to fight and therefore his size is irrelevant. (and his nuts and eyes are in severe danger).

I avoid fights with Giants and Midgets alike.

Last edited:
Yeah, if there was no way out other than looking like a bitch, then I would.

Just the other night I stopped to pick up some friends from the bar and this HUGE mother fucker started talking shit. I'm 5'11" 178 lbs. and about 12% bf, so I'm about average, well this dude was like 6'5" and insanely aggressive.

He got in my face right away and I told him I wasn't looking for trouble, well this encouraged him more and like 50 people or something were watching so he got like 1 inch from my face and kept talking shit. I didn't want to fight because I figured he'd win but just out of instinct (someone gets in my face like that and something is happening) I shoved him as hard as I could and apparently he was drunk as hell because he stumbled back for about 15 feet before falling on his ass really hard. He looked at me stunned and stumbled back to his feet.

I thought for sure I was going to have to scrap with this dude but since he was obviously incredibly intoxicated I was fairly confident at this point and figured I could just take his back and choke him out really quick so I actually started laughing when he was getting up. A couple of chicks grabbed him and held him back and that was about all that happened. I was relieved that he was so drunk after I pushed him and even more relieved when the chicks stopped the whole thing, but yeah, sometimes you just don't have a choice.

Edit: I've honestly never seen a huge dude that was hell bent on fighting before. Normally the guys that are trying to provoke others are right around average in terms of size. The example I gave above is the closest I've ever been to being in a fight with a huge dude. I've trained with my friend before who is 6'4", 280 lbs. and that's what has really made me respect the huge dudes. He beats my ass good. Before he started doing MMA I could actually out grapple him and even now I can do good in a kick boxing match, but since he started training (he's now a pro boxer too) he just smokes me in a boxing match, smothers me in a grappling match, and just all around roughs me up. I know I could beat the average untrained idiot, but fights can be very circumstantial and street fights are dangerous as hell so I'd rather just not fuck around with that shit.

Last edited:
I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him

It's stupid to fight unless it's in self defense, and if that's the case you have ZERO choice in who you fight. So yeah.

Sometimes you have to fight knowing you're gonna lose, but the situation in OP is not one of them. I'm trying to get into med school; I don't have time to be fighting with shithead losers.

I've fought many people stronger than me, taller than me, suprisingly I did well, than again I got no honor!!!!

Groin shot, headbutt, bite, stab with random object, dirt/sand in the eye... whatever it takes.

I've only loss twice that wasnt High school related or "gang" related (I was a git wannabe thugster.....lol.../facepalm)

first one - College Football Bar Brawl that my brother's friend instigated.. Everyone had 7+ years on me, size and 100+ lbs on me... I had 2 guys, first one I did good than again I snuck up and tried to choke him out, 2nd one snucked up on me with a cue stick directly to my head - TKO and a trip to the hospital
(we all lost btw, Both the game and the fight - FSU vs Hurricane)

2nd one - I didn't fight back, had one arm locked but he kept punching me as I was trying to get him to stop... His GF knew it was an accident (I grabbed her boob, at a concert, being pushed and she turned around as I was trying to balance and not fall, seriously both hands directly on her boobs)
Regardless jerk had pillowfist, punching me in the ear basically (I swear he had 15-20 shots on me) and I really wanted to attempt a flying armbar, I gave him 1 headbutt than a Bouncer decided to put a choke on me, and apparently I got rock bottom and thrown ragdolled outside the venue. (I was blacked out from the choke - my friend told me what else occurred)
The dude's GF did come out and apologized and tried to get me back in.

Other than that - I have a kickboxing / Kempo background - I hold my own decently but I don't fight with honor.
5'8 120lbs - Fuck that shit... I'll shove a rock up your nose if I have to.. but without a moment, Krav Magav your nuts ASAP regardless of size.. and if you're big Im going to try and choke you, you got 1 shot at slamming me before you go night night.

Well, I think it would be pointless to fight anyone that you knew you were going to lose against unless you had no choice. Fighting a in a pro fight against someone like that is different. You would at least get paid.

That being said, I don't think there is anyone that I could tell just by physical appearance that they would destroy me in a fight. There are certain types that I would think twice about, because they definitely have physical attributes that make it very difficult to win. Training means alot in fights, and the average person on the street has none. That being said, you never really know who does and doesn't have training. The skinny guy you think you could destroy could be a black belt and kick your ass.

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Here's my rule if you weigh 50 more pounds then me, them i'm probably gonna hit you in the nuts at some point.

Of course. I never miss an opportunity to do my favorite move.

monkey_steals_the_peach.jpg

I'm not a fighter I'm a drinker.

And if I am in a situation like this, then I'm taking his/her knee out and getting the fuck out of there.

only in an emergency situation.

Back