Would you enjoy watching the UFC include Muay Thai fights on the same card and cage?

The point fighters will cause viewership problems in any discipline.

No, the only thing the UFC can do to get me more excited is get more violent. Soccer kicks etc.

No. I see why people could like it, but it downgrades the sport and is not a good thing from a marketing pov.

We had that for years in Holland and it really didnt work out. Most people just came for the MT fights and were bored to death when MMA (called Mixfight back then) came.

it wasnt called mix fight, it was called 'free fight'
those fights were under rings holland / europe rules, which often meant no striking with the fist but with open hand palm strikes and after 30 seconds of ground fight, the fight got stood up

later on there were more 'real mma' fights mixed with kickboxing and muay thai, the it's showtime events in the amsterdam arena and 2hot2handle in rotterdam

I haven’t been to the new Lumpini stadium, I want to in a way but at the same time I loved the feel of the old dirty shady feeling Lumpini.

Sad to see that old barn go. First time I was there, the rain was dancing off the corrugated metal roof. A cat was scampering through the stands. It was magical. Haven't been at the new stadium either but it looks like a shopping mall to me..

<mma1>

The same people saying no are the same people that dont like the ground game lol.
Some people are impossible to satisfy.

Uh... you do realize that Conor would go fetal within 2 minutes, right?

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I think Conor would do a lot better than you think. Fighting with 4 ounces changes everything and Yod isn't particularly a great puncher. Having said that, I believe Yodsanklai still wins either by attempted murder via leg kicks or Conor getting tired and TKO'd.

i don't want MT in MMA shows
I do want MT to start use MMA gloves

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I think Conor would do a lot better than you think. Fighting with 4 ounces changes everything and Yod isn't particularly a great puncher. Having said that, I believe Yodsanklai still wins either by attempted murder via leg kicks or Conor getting tired and TKO'd.

You must be confusing Yodsanklai with Yodwicha, or who knows... Yodsanklai is the guy folding guys with body shots, dropping them with uppercuts, and catching them with hook counters as he's sliding back.

Note how well-adapted his footwork and upper-body movement are to fighting without the added protection of the smaller gloves.
EvilPiercingBarasinga.webp

He is a freakishly heavy puncher with timing and distance awareness that is exceptional for MT, not just MMA. Also, he sets up his murderous hands with kicks, so you never know what's coming. Lastly, he has an iron chin that has absorbed shots from a roided out Artur Kyshenko.

Just to clarify: we're talking full MT rules here, not some bullshit no clinch, no elbows K-1 hybrid. If you honestly thing that a guy who stopped kicking Nate because his shin hurt is going to have anything for Yod under FTR, you are crazy.

You don't know who Yod is do you? Yodsanklai has been fighting with small gloves or rope wraps for years and most of his knockouts are from punches. Punching with 4oz gloves is nothing new to him.

You don't know who Yod is do you? Yodsanklai has been fighting with small gloves or rope wraps for years and most of his knockouts are from punches. Punching with 4oz gloves is nothing new to him.

He's that southpaw with a left kick. I think McGregor will be competitive in the punching but Yod destroys him with kicks and punches.

Back