Would you enjoy watching the UFC include Muay Thai fights on the same card and cage?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love how One Championship has kickboxing, muay thai rulesets included in their MMA cards. Kickboxers use normal boxing gloves but muay thai fighters use MMA gloves. And they all fight in the cage. Very fun to watch. Casual fans will still tune in because its UFC.

What do you think?

I love how One Championship has kickboxing, muay thai rulesets included in their MMA cards. Kickboxers use normal boxing gloves but muay thai fighters use MMA gloves. And they all fight in the cage. Very fun to watch. Casual fans will still tune in because its UFC.

What do you think?

I'd prefer Muai Boran.

No. I see why people could like it, but it downgrades the sport and is not a good thing from a marketing pov.

We had that for years in Holland and it really didnt work out. Most people just came for the MT fights and were bored to death when MMA (called Mixfight back then) came.

Yes. I love watching Muay Thai with MMA gloves. That Haggerty fight just now was amazing.

Fuck yeah, One just had one with MMA gloves and it was fantastic.

No. UFC is MMA. Muay Thai is not.

Tony is the type of guy who would wear muay Thai gloves to roll a bjj sparing

Last edited:
I pay to watch mma sometimes. I never pay to watch muay thai.

I pay to watch mma sometimes. I never pay to watch muay thai.
What if they set up McGregor vs Barboza in a muay thai fight in the cage with MMA gloves?

What if Yodsanklai comes in to fight Conor in a muay thai fight?

Conor vs khabib in a kickboxing match.

Ufc marketing can hype up anything.

What do you think?
Nope.

No, I just find it irritating when cards mix rule sets. You wouldn't go to Wimbledon and find them switch to Badminton half way through would you?

If the UFC want to have separate cards promoting MT and call it something else then sure, why not?

What if they set up McGregor vs Barboza in a muay thai fight in the cage with MMA gloves?

What if it was an mma fight instead.. because ya know.. they're mma fighters and that's what they're good at.

What do you think?

Nah...
Most fights are bad MT anyway...bc takedown defense.

Also, is pure MT, as in what they do in Lumpini, sanctioned in the USA?
8 points striking, brain damage inducing and limb breaking fights, with gruesome clinch work...

Watching yodsanklai vs conor in muay thai would be cool. I dont want to see mma fighters only doing stand up though.

Hell yes for me. I actually prefer those rules since they prevent the lay-n-pray, wall-n-stall soft core gay action that we often get in UFC.

What do you think?

Would be nice on a card that turned into a snoozer which sometimes happens. It would wake the crowd up for sure, and I love Muay Thai

What do you think?

One isn't the first to do that strikeforce did that too back in the day. It's typically when the promotions don't have enough MMA fighters so they do kickboxing or mt as filler rizin and Pancrase do it too. UFC doesn't need to do that they have enough talent in MMA alone. Also kickboxing and muay Thai NEVER got popular in America so it wouldn't draw any fans

I’d rather them do that instead of putting cm punk in the cage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back