Would you enjoy watching the UFC include Muay Thai fights on the same card and cage?

One FC can pull it off since they have a bunch of high level Muay Thai fighters available to them.

The UFC would have a bunch of sloppy low tier fighters, and honestly, I don't want to watch that.
Put it this way, Joanna vs. Valentina was a better Muay Thai fight in MMA gloves than anything that the UFC can put together in the next 5 years.

I would love a separate league with open rules striking with MMA gloves, including athletes crossing over from boxing, MMA, MT, kickboxing. Eventually each group would have to bring up deficiencies in each area and we'd soon have the best overall strikers in the history of martial arts.

Wouldn't it water down the sport? There's too many fights to begin with, and now all of a sudden there's even more fights with different rules.

Nah...
Most fights are bad MT anyway...bc takedown defense.

Also, is pure MT, as in what they do in Lumpini, sanctioned in the USA?
8 points striking, brain damage inducing and limb breaking fights, with gruesome clinch work...
No, the kickboxing matches in the states like with AKA(American kickboxing association if it’s even still around) have much different rules than pure MT like you would see at Lumpini.

There are no takedowns in American kickboxing for example(more like throws you don’t follow the other fighter to the ground)

I haven’t been to the new Lumpini stadium, I want to in a way but at the same time I loved the feel of the old dirty shady feeling Lumpini.

And worlds best chicken next door, gotta have that after a fight and some Tiger

No. Ultimately, muay thai, as fun as it is to train, is boring asf to watch.

Sorry, rogan.
Maybe in the UK, slide on over to Bankok and go watch some fights live and tell me they are boring.

Real MT not watered down MT

Yeah! would be awesome...seems like we are more likely to see Brock Lesnar hit DC with a chair though.
Pretty sure that’s coming soon, have faith that DC is moving over to WWF to fight Brock for real money

With the amount of "MMA fans" that cry and throw hissy fits when a fighter takes the fight to the ground, you'd think they'd love it, but they wouldn't watch, organizations have tried to make Muay Thai and kickboxing main stream but it won't catch on

Edit I'd be ok with one off fights and events but not on every card

Also Reem be like

OH DC, let’s put that belt on the line for a MT only rules fight!!

With the amount of "MMA fans" that cry and throw hissy fits when a fighter takes the fight to the ground, you'd think they'd love it, but they wouldn't watch, organizations have tried to make Muay Thai and kickboxing main stream but it won't catch on
The problem with watching boxing and kickboxing and “watered down mma” is that the “clinch “ instantly bores the fight.

They hug and ref breaks it up, in boxing it should just be against the rules entirely, bang or block. No hugging allowed.

In real MT, in the clinch there are strikes thrown, and takedown throws, so it isn’t boring just watching hugging waiting for the ref to break it up.

In mma the clinch leads to takedowns or clinch work so there is something that could happen besides a hug and a ref.

You’re crazy. First of all: Conor did fuck all against Floyd except for that one uppercut. Most of the strikes he landed were garbage, and in those first three rounds, where Floyd just sat back and let him gas, barely throwing anything to check his attacks, Conor was landing at an abysmal rate of about 20%. He had nothing for Floyd.

Yod is a big 155er, unlike Floyd, is a wrecking machine. Also, being a Thai, he knows perfectly well how to deal with southpaws. Under full thai rules, he would absolutely own McGregor with low and middle kicks, or just step in and murder him in the clinch. You think that Conor can play the knee and elbow game with Yod?

And MMA is not MT or boxing, where nearly all the top guys have titanium chins and where Conor’s power is barely even considered pedestrian. Even in MMA, that death touch of McGregor’s has all but gone since he moved up to LW.

Yod would easily see through Conor’s simple boxing offense, eat his shots like candy and promptly pick him apart.

You are 100% correct. But you are wasting your time.

Fuck no. It's different sports, why have them in the same venue? It's like having a round of baseball in between football periods. Makes no damn sense.

No, but I could use a scheduled pee break now and then. As is, if I order the PPV and watch TV prelims, I'm glued for several hours.

Back