Would Joanna beat Rousey if they were same weight and same size?

If Joanna could tag her quick then it's game on. Easily the better fighter on the feet.

Stylistically, I'm not sure how they'd match up, because we haven't seen Ronda against a striker like her. None of Ronda's opponents have looked to maintain distance and oustrike Ronda technically. If she fights Holly Holm then that'll no longer be the case. JJ has takedown defense too, but we haven't seen her defend specifically against a judoka (especially one of Rousey's calibre). I'd have to pick Rousey because she has power as well as the takedown threat and ground skills.

Based on Holly Holms UFC performances so far i'm not really sure what the big deal is about her striking. It doesn't look any better than anyone else in the division full of mediocre strikers. Maybe she has great striking in a MT or boxing match but if she can't deal with take down attempts that stifle her striking it's a non-issue for RR and still isn't much of a challenge for RR.

IMO, RR is so far above the competition that she's going to retire undefeated because she's bored. :p

I think Joanna would tool her on the feet and her takedown defense has proven to be stellar. Still don't know if she could stop that takedown though. What say you sherdog?

not a goddamned chance

Joanna would tool her on the feet that's for sure. But Rousey may have too much of a grappling edge.

Honestly... If Gadelha was bigger, she might be able to take Ronda tho.

Back