Would Floyd go down as the best ever if he...

s karlyle

الجسر
@Brown
Reaction score
Fought and beat Sergio Martinez, GGG and Pacioa?

With his career right now I think all he needed was a Pacman victory around 2009 or 10 at either 140 or 147 to be considered an all time great. If for some reason he decides to continue to campaign over 147, against the big punchers you mentioned, hes braver than i thought he was and has my utmost respect. Hes barely a welterweight.

Mayweather can be top 5 ATG with his current record. If he beats a few other names and remains undefeated there would be a strong argument for him to take the number 1 spot. Even a lot of the lesser names on Mayweather's records are still pretty good when you consider some of the fighters a lot of the older guys fought. Today fighting an undefeated fighter is considered record padding ... back then you could get away with fighting guys who had more losses than wins.

Sugar Ray Robinson still has the better names on his record but that 0 means a lot.

If he beat Pacquiao and Martinez he'd be top 5 atg
even now he's top 10

If he beat Pacquiao and Martinez he'd be top 5 atg
even now he's top 10

I think he's top 15 right now.

Beating Pac and Martinez would obviously be huge BUT, people could rightfully argue that those two were also past their prime, like most of the big names on his kill list.

Mayweather-Pac in 2010 would have been the greatest fight in history. The world might have caved in itself from the anticipation. Damn them both for fucking that up.

I think he's top 15 right now.

Beating Pac and Martinez would obviously be huge BUT, people could rightfully argue that those two were also past their prime, like most of the big names on his kill list.

Mayweather-Pac in 2010 would have been the greatest fight in history. The world might have caved in itself from the anticipation. Damn them both for fucking that up.

>like most
No. Who did he beat when they were past their primes? I suppose you could argue for Cotto, but who else?

Floyd can talk all he wants about why he never took the Pac fight, he dodged him, and it will greatly affect his legacy, you don't avoid guys in their prime and expect to be considered an atg, end of story. He never took the fight cause there was a huge chance of him f'n losing, thats the real reason. Pac, a boxer who could have put him on his ass, a guy who doesn't telegraph his punches all with lightning speed. Fans should have boycotted him for that shit. That was the last ppv I ever bought of his when that disgrace happened.

Any chance you could stop doing this in every thread that says either of the voldemorts in the title?

No, he still needs to fight Vitali, in a thumb wrestling contest.

>like most
No. Who did he beat when they were past their primes? I suppose you could argue for Cotto, but who else?

Well, I don't think Oscar and Shane are prime but Floyd isn't in his physical prime either.

Canelo
Cotto
Mosley
Marquez
Hatton
Oscar
Baldomir
Judah
Gatti
Castillio
Corrales

Undefeated.

But Floyd has fought no one right? Even if Floyd was defeated that would still be an impressive list of names.

Hernandez was a good win for Floyd too. People always forget that one.

there is nothing he can do to attain the number 1 spot .

Back