Would Floyd go down as the best ever if he...

I think this is being very overlooked.

Juan has never been dominated by any fighter in the history of the sport but Floyd. people like to say the weight but juan proved them wrong by fighting 3 times there and looking good against an all time great by out boxing him once and putting him to sleep.

Juan looks great at 147 and I didnt have floyd losing a round. canelo gatti, corrales, hatton, zab, shane he beats these guys with no doubts. It truly is amazing.

and controlling COMFORTABLY most of the time. without alot of exertion,which leaves him able to hit his tired and frustrated opponent with the late rounds money assault...if he feels like it

indeed.

oscar vs may was a tactical affair and manny beat oscar into submission

Wasn't the Pacquiao fight one of the fights DLH admited to drinking and blowing lines during his training camp for?

Floyd will go down as an all time great, but the #1 spot will always be reserved for someone who came long before him, had great accomplishments and now has been hoisted up either further over time by the development of their own legend. Like Davey Crocket.

Wasn't the Pacquiao fight one of the fights DLH admited to drinking and blowing lines during his training camp for?

im a big fan of ODLH,but nah i could give a shit what his excuses are. Pac beat the fuck out of him like no one else. Oscars time had run out.

im a big fan of ODLH,but nah i could give a shit what his excuses are. Pac beat the fuck out of him like no one else. Oscars time had run out.

I really wasn't trying to be facetious, it was a legit question.

i dont know,i of course know he had his issues but i didnt hear about him using when he was training for pac

Yes, he would be the undisputed greatest of all time. That would be a HELL of a resume WITH a perfect record. All of the greats have impeccable resumes but most of them don't have the perfect record to go along with it.

i dont know,i of course know he had his issues but i didnt hear about him using when he was training for pac

He and JCC Sr. were quoted in an article about a year ago about there substance abuse issues and using in the lead up to fights. Just found the article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/stor...la-hoya-admit-drug-alcohol-abuse-late-careers

Still his own fault not coming into the fight prepared, but whatever.

Hearing this and then watching how dedicated fighters like Mayweather and Hopkins remain is a testiment to their professionalism.

Doesn't telegraph his punches ... yet got picked apart by JMM. I think Pac swallowed every feint JMM threw at him.

the four fights were close and competitive , and juan hit the canvas 5 times .

let's not act as if pac got " schooled " or something .

Floyd can talk all he wants about why he never took the Pac fight, he dodged him, and it will greatly affect his legacy, you don't avoid guys in their prime and expect to be considered an atg, end of story. He never took the fight cause there was a huge chance of him f'n losing, thats the real reason. Pac, a boxer who could have put him on his ass, a guy who doesn't telegraph his punches all with lightning speed. Fans should have boycotted him for that shit. That was the last ppv I ever bought of his when that disgrace happened.

Give it a rest. Pac was just, if not more, at fault for it not happening. Floyd would have beaten him then...and he would brutalize him now. Lets move the fuck on.

Pfft, a Ward win does nothing for floyd's career. He needs to beat Wlad and Vitali, then he'd be considered an ATG.

He would never fight a real challenger like Vitali. Watch him pad his record with Ward next, and if ward doesn't knock him down a couple of times that means the win isn't good enough.

Juan-Manuel-Marquez-KO-Manny-Pacquiao.jpg

You need to leave.

Floyd is great at what he does, I mean GREAT.

"Floyd fights a very safe, and boring style. Because he doesn't lose his cool he is able to outbox his opponents. Floyd lacks the power and chin to stand toe to toe with fighters like Pacquiao and Marquez. I compare him to Bernard Hopkins; they are great boxers, but plays it too safe and give boring fights to the fans. I respect the hell out of Pacquiao because he took the risk, went balls out, and put on a great fight for fans to watch. Forget about Floyd "money" because all he cares about is money, not giving and putting on the fight the FANS want to see!"

Last edited:
Sugar Ray Robinson still has the better names on his record but that 0 means a lot.

he won't keep his 0, and he doesn't have a chance to be considered the best ever. he's on the same path as roy jones jr. incredible physical talent, but when he loses that sliver of quickness the philly shell isn't going to protect him for 12 rounds against a big puncher. I predict he'll have a tough fight with somebody, eke out a controversial decision, then rematch and get ko'd.

then he'll turn into a punching bag for cash and a few years later everyone will forget how special he was.

I hope I'm wrong though.

LOL, Floyd is great at what he does, I mean GREAT. But He DUCKS fighters that he will have trouble with and fighters in their prime. OF COURSE, he is undefeated. If you don't take risks, how can you ever lose?

And for that, He WILL NEVER be an ATG until He beats Pacquiao.

It's better for Floyd to fight Pacquiao, people will never let that go for the rest of his life until he does. There will always be an asterisk attached to his name.

Floyd Mayweather
Record:1,000,000-0-0*

*ducked main rival, Pacquiao

"Floyd fights a very safe, and boring style. Because he doesn't lose his cool he is able to outbox his opponents. Floyd lacks the power and chin to stand toe to toe with fighters like Pacquiao and Marquez. I compare him to Bernard Hopkins; they are great boxers, but plays it too safe and give boring fights to the fans. I respect the hell out of Pacquiao because he took the risk, went balls out, and put on a great fight for fans to watch. Forget about Floyd "money" because all he cares about is money, not giving and putting on the fight the FANS want to see!"

Just bleed.

he won't keep his 0, and he doesn't have a chance to be considered the best ever. he's on the same path as roy jones jr. incredible physical talent, but when he loses that sliver of quickness the philly shell isn't going to protect him for 12 rounds against a big puncher. I predict he'll have a tough fight with somebody, eke out a controversial decision, then rematch and get ko'd.

then he'll turn into a punching bag for cash and a few years later everyone will forget how special he was.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Pedants note: Floyd doesn't use the philly shell.

I hope I'm wrong though.

How could you possibly think this?He's one of the best defensive boxers ever. I don't usually like to insult poster like this, but this is a truly dumb post.

LOL, Floyd is great at what he does, I mean GREAT. But He DUCKS fighters that he will have trouble with and fighters in their prime. OF COURSE, he is undefeated. If you don't take risks, how can you ever lose?

And for that, He WILL NEVER be an ATG until He beats Pacquiao.

It's better for Floyd to fight Pacquiao, people will never let that go for the rest of his life until he does. There will always be an asterisk attached to his name.

Floyd Mayweather
Record:1,000,000-0-0*

*ducked main rival, Pacquiao

Umm he faced a destroyed Marquez. He made him look like an amateur. Once again, you need to leave.

Back