• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Crawford be competitive with Canelo?

I don't think anyone in boxing could be dominant over Crawford, so yes, Crawford could/would be competitive with Canelo at the very least.
I don't know that a really big size difference. It would be like Mayweather having fought Andre Ward. You'd think it'd be a competitive fight, they're both in the same PFP class, but the spread in weight might make it a one sided fight.

How is Canelo a weight bully? The guys moved up to 175…. He looked flat against bivol but tbh he fought an incredible boxer who had height, reach, and weight advantage.
Back when that Khan fight took place it should have been against GGG. He was fine facing a guy coming up in weight but didn't want to face a bigger opponent himself. As you pointed out though he has moved up in weight and progressed enough that he feels comfortable fighting larger opponents. Even if it appears SMW is the limit for him.

When you’re the first man to ever be undisputed in 2 weight divisions in the 4 belt era, you enter rare air. Yes, like it or not, he is in the conversation with Floyd and Pac. Just like those guys, he is the exception to the rule. FFs, he just made the #4 p4p boxer in the world look like he didn’t even belong in the same ring with him.
I love Bud but he better take some more big fights to reach the upper echelon of All-Time Greats. His quality of opposition seems to be a bit lacking at this point.

I don't know that a really big size difference. It would be like Mayweather having fought Andre Ward. You'd think it'd be a competitive fight, they're both in the same PFP class, but the spread in weight might make it a one sided fight.

I actually made a post a little after my post saying i thought we were assuming they were both in the same weightclass already haha

I agree with that.

why is Canelo lower on the p4p list than bud when he’s going up in weight and winning and bud is fighting just people in his weight class?

buds style would have to change up completely if he’s giving up height and reach.

Canelo has shown he can do it with his head moment and carrying his power
Quality of opposition and Canelo also did just lose recently moving up in weight. In the PFP world it's all about, "what have you done for me lately", you can't sit on your laurels if you want to stay on top.

eh I think the ward Floyd comparison is far off.

FLoyd at 147 and crawford at 147 are literally seperated by 10-15 lbs of muscle. Floyd weighed 150 on fight night I would guess Crawford is in the 160s

I agree with that.

why is Canelo lower on the p4p list than bud when he’s going up in weight and winning and bud is fighting just people in his weight class?

buds style would have to change up completely if he’s giving up height and reach.

Canelo has shown he can do it with his head moment and carrying his power
This guy makes a good point.
Put Canelo back at P4P#1

eh I think the ward Floyd comparison is far off.

FLoyd at 147 and crawford at 147 are literally seperated by 10-15 lbs of muscle. Floyd weighed 150 on fight night I would guess Crawford is in the 160s
If I'm off it would be more because Ward was a bit bigger than Canelo and was able to handle the jump to 175. Mayweather and Crawford are basically the same size.

Floyd got an emergency IV rehydration exemption before the Pacquiao fight. If he was really not cutting weight then why would that be necessary?

I don't think anyone in boxing could be dominant over Crawford, so yes, Crawford could/would be competitive with Canelo at the very least.
i said the same thing about canelo years ago and got shit on for it but hey, guess this is fine now.

At their current walk around weights Canelo should have his way with him and likely stop him.

If Canelo could be convinced to cut a sufficient amount of weight eventually you would reach a point where the detriment of the weight cut leveled the playing field.

But as Canelo has no reason to do such a thing, it is all just theoretical.

Ward is a natural LHW, Canelo is not.

Crawford is a natural WW, Mayweather is not.

So it's not really comparable. Crawford and Canelo are much closer in size.

CLENelo has skills and size.

He'd run over Crawford.

I respectfully disagree. Crawford is no bigger than Mayweather. I also think Floyd not cutting weight at WW is a myth. He blew off the contracted weight limit against Marquez and had an emergency exemption to IV rehydrate before the Pacquiao fight.

I'd also like to clarify that I meant a Ward fight at 168, considering their PFP rankings, but Floyd could have fought GGG or even Margarito at 154 the way Pacquiao did.

Crawford taking a fight against Canelo would be inadvisable and he'd be just as big an underdog as Mayweather against Ward. He'd raise his stature by making it competitive even if he lost.

Ward didnt even cut weight for 168 lmao. Its the exact same situations.

I respectfully disagree. Crawford is no bigger than Mayweather. I also think Floyd not cutting weight at WW is a myth. He blew off the contracted weight limit against Marquez and had an emergency exemption to IV rehydrate before the Pacquiao fight.

I'd also like to clarify that I meant a Ward fight at 168, considering their PFP rankings, but Floyd could have fought GGG or even Margarito at 154 the way Pacquiao did.

Crawford taking a fight against Canelo would be inadvisable and he'd be just as big an underdog as Mayweather against Ward. He'd raise his stature by making it competitive even if he lost.

This photo is doing the rounds where Crawford looks significantly bigger than Mayweather, FWIW

IMG_5805.jpeg

Back