• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Crawford be competitive with Canelo?

It could completely be that Spense didn't have it that night, fell behind early and couldn't catch up.

Canelo's chin has passed the test 3 times by GGG and 175er's. That's a real problem when Canelo can fire back power in the other direction. We don't know about Crawford's chin the same way.

It could completely be that Spense didn't have it that night, fell behind early and couldn't catch up.

Canelo's chin has passed the test 3 times by GGG and 175er's. That's a real problem when Canelo can fire back power in the other direction. We don't know about Crawford's chin the same way.

Crawford got hit clean by Errol a few times, and was willing to take a shot to get a counter. I don’t think he could do that against Canelo

I think this says it all!

Crawford isn't going to KO Canelo, and we don't have any data to indicate how well would Crawford react being hit by a powerhouse as Canelo.
I would love to watch it, but their timelines do not align.

Crawford would need a few years to mature to be able to be at the same level strength wise, and by then Canelo will be too old!

Khan was beeing 'competitve" half a fight. At the right weight, Bud sure as hell can do a hell of alot better. With all due respect to Canelo

Crawford has a chance to win if he can withstand Canelo's body shots. Bud is very motivated to prove himself as an all time great too.

All those people that disrespected Crawford and said Spence would whoop him look dumb now. I could see TC out boxing Canelo ala Floyd

Bid needs to fight Charlo he wins that then think about Cinabun

So after Crawford had said pretty much no way to Canelo directly after the Spence triumph due to Canelo being too big, we may have a change in heart.

Both Bud & BoMac have now been consistently saying they want the WINNER of Canelo Mell Charlo.
I know a shot to cement his legacy and the money talks for a potential Canelo mega fight were just too giant to rule out.

All those people that disrespected Crawford and said Spence would whoop him look dumb now. I could see TC out boxing Canelo ala Floyd
it would be even more impressive than floyd, a young canelo at 152 vs a seasoned canelo at 168, would be an audacious move from crawford but also a dangerous fight for the mexicans legacy

I don't see why not. Khan was putting on a clinic until a wild punch clipped his glass chin.

I don't see why not. Khan was putting on a clinic until a wild punch clipped his glass chin.

Lol. His liver got tenderized until he bought the feint to the body that left him right open upstairs. Ginger didn't exactly box to rack rounds. He perfectly set the KO that everyone knew was going to happen. That was pretty much the only clinic being put on there.

Last edited:
Allegedly, Canelo doing interview rounds saying he's down to fight Bud.

Which is kind of him taking one for the team & fans. He has so many haters akin to our very own hem- @Roids , that he for sure will get crucified for fighting a smaller guy. Also for pushing back a potential clash with Benavidez further. Because it's pretty obvious he will probably fight Jermall if he beats Jermell.
However, no idea which he takes on first Mall or Bud if he beats Mell.

Really love how this is shaping up. There are multiple paths for Canelo to pass the torch and for most rational fans to crown the next greatest of the generation.

Bud can kind of rewrite his legacy in like 2 or 3 fights. By beating Canelo then by taking Jermell's belts and Tim's belt. Who knows maybe 154 gets undisputed while Bud fights Canelo.

Or Jermell Charlo could have a real underdog All Time Great story. His historic run to unify and be undisputed in 4 belt era against some very tough competition. Then he shocks the world by beating Canelo. Then he could beat another P4P great in Crawford. Would be a historic all time great career/run out of nowhere. I remember being high on the Charlo brothers when they were working their way up and people literally laughing at them and their fans. Legit remember posters saying they weren't champion or p4p level fighters. Mell could really shock the world.

Allegedly, Canelo doing interview rounds saying he's down to fight Bud.

Which is kind of him taking one for the team & fans. He has so many haters akin to our very own hem- @Roids , that he for sure will get crucified for fighting a smaller guy. Also for pushing back a potential clash with Benavidez further. Because it's pretty obvious he will probably fight Jermall if he beats Jermell.
However, no idea which he takes on first Mall or Bud if he beats Mell.

Really love how this is shaping up. There are multiple paths for Canelo to pass the torch and for most rational fans to crown the next greatest of the generation.

Bud can kind of rewrite his legacy in like 2 or 3 fights. By beating Canelo then by taking Jermell's belts and Tim's belt. Who knows maybe 154 gets undisputed while Bud fights Canelo.

Or Jermell Charlo could have a real underdog All Time Great story. His historic run to unify and be undisputed in 4 belt era against some very tough competition. Then he shocks the world by beating Canelo. Then he could beat another P4P great in Crawford. Would be a historic all time great career/run out of nowhere. I remember being high on the Charlo brothers when they were working their way up and people literally laughing at them and their fans. Legit remember posters saying they weren't champion or p4p level fighters. Mell could really shock the world.

If Canelo is down, and Crawford is daring to be great then why the hell not. This is how fighters used to be in the old days, constantly pushing their limits instead of sitting still where they know they are safe. I'm all for Crawford moving up to find his limits after the beatdown he gave Spence.

I'm hoping Mell finds a way to beat Canelo too, so we'll see how things shake out.

If Canelo is down, and Crawford is daring to be great then why the hell not. This is how fighters used to be in the old days, constantly pushing their limits instead of sitting still where they know they are safe. I'm all for Crawford moving up to find his limits after the beatdown he gave Spence.

I'm hoping Mell finds a way to beat Canelo too, so we'll see how things shake out.
Yeah all for it . One reason why I rode with Spence over Crawford was that I thought Spence was the more likely fighter to move up and chase a Canelo fight.
Great to see there is a chance Bud will do the same. But we all know how hard the Bud Spence fight was to get despite both guys saying they wanted it for years. No years to wait around on this one.

Back