Would a more cautious Cyborg have beaten Amanda Nunes?

Yeh, the only other contenders she has are SWs, which she can't fight lol. Even so, none of them have done enough to even really compare to Cyborg.
Yeah the best sw ever is probably who... Rose? Ugh. There's really nobody below bw that has matched her dominance but Val who she beat, whether people like it or not.

Sure, but then again, Nunes always seemed to have better athleticism and be better technically. Cyborg has always looked a bit stiff and more of a brawler who never got a decent answer to her punches. Even on the floor, against Yana Kunitskaya, Rogan pointed out how she looked kinda amateurish trying to get back on her feet. She got by mostly on fear and size (and thus, power).

In her last 4 fights she'd beaten Ronda (previous supposed GOAT), and Valentina twice (Other main GOAT candidate). Then she added another GOAT candidate to the list in Cyborg (Not that Borg was ever really in contention considering she's a drug cheat and a weight bully).

Like, what were they supposed to do? Most of the media were hyping the fight up as a GOAT decider anyway.
Nunes and Ronda were both 145ers at the start of their career and moved down. Not saying they necessarily ducked Cyborg but let's be honest, Cyborg is the most ducked WMMA fighter in history.

Ronda post Holm was a scared individual that did not want to be in there but the people around her pressured her into it. Not anywhere near the same as Ronda pre Holly Holm fight. Valentina is a 125er and did super well against Nunes both times.

Weight bully is a bullshit term, drug cheat is fair enough tho. I don't think WMMA is as full of steroid users as regular MMA but I could be wrong.

Yeah. Nunes has cardio issues and would have faded if Cyborg took the fight to the ground. The biggest robberies in MMA is not seeing that rematch. Dana was so vindictive toward her so there's that.

No, Nunes was far too quick for Cyborg and had enough power to hurt her, Cyborg strenght would not have worked since she would have kept eating punches

Tough to say but I certainly think that was an uncharacteristic performance from her. As vicious as she can be, she’s usually quite composed and patient. While I think Nunes very well might have beaten her regardless, i think it would have been a more competitive bout.

Nunes and Ronda were both 145ers at the start of their career and moved down. Not saying they necessarily ducked Cyborg but let's be honest, Cyborg is the most ducked WMMA fighter in history.

Ronda post Holm was a scared individual that did not want to be in there but the people around her pressured her into it. Not anywhere near the same as Ronda pre Holly Holm fight. Valentina is a 125er and did super well against Nunes both times.

Weight bully is a bullshit term, drug cheat is fair enough tho. I don't think WMMA is as full of steroid users as regular MMA but I could be wrong.

Ronda and Nunes moved down because that's what they had to do to have a career. FW wasn't going anywhere in any org. BW was in the UFC.

How is Borg the most ducked in history? Who ducked her? Heaps of girls got in there with her. Ronda didn't duck her. Borg wanted Rona to leave BW and become a FW just to fight her when Ronda was doing huge things at BW. Why on earth would she do that? If Borg wanted that fight she needed to drop some of the muscle mass (due to roids) and go after her. Cyborg didn't want to do that.

Weight bully isn't a bullshit term when it comes to Borg either, mate. Not sure if you realize this, but the UFC made the FW division for her. She then proceeded to not fight any actual FWs for like 7 fights. It wasn't until she fought Spencer after she lost to Nunes that she fought her first career FW in the UFC. She happily fought fattened up BWs, even won the belt against one from Invicta lol.

And her strikeforce run was full of the same shit, while she was juiced to the girls. Also, look into what her and her scummy team tried to pull with scales back then lol. Wasn't making weight then got herself a private weigh in while people left the room. Her and her team tried to say that she took off her 7 pound bikini . . .

She's a weight bully and a drug cheat who still benefits from all the gear she was on.

I'm not sure Cris Cyborg had ever fought someone who had actual KO power before. Why play it safe defensively in anyway if you've never really been in danger? Period.

Do you think instead of going in guns blazing that a patient Cyborg would have beaten Nunes?
Or do you think Amanda had completely surpassed Cyborgs skillset and was better everywhere regardless of Cyborgs gameplan? Cyborgs ground game can be brutal when she uses it

tumblr_pkm89e0fRI1v6w3juo3_500.gifv
tumblr_pkm89e0fRI1v6w3juo1_500.gif
The Cyborg that beat Holly absolutely beats Amanda. The only way Nunes wins that fight is to do exactly what she did and bait Cyborg into a 50/50 firefight.

How is Borg the most ducked in history? Who ducked her? Heaps of girls got in there with her.
Well, for instance, they had to go 15 spots down the roster before they found anyone willing to fight her at 140. 15 women turned it down before Leslie Smith agreed to get dismantled in less than a round. UFC BW was absolutely terrified of Cyborg, and they should have been.

Traditionally though there tended to be an informal agreement women would aim for 135lbs(and 115lbs) to maximise depth of talent, 145lbs was pushed mainly to accommodate Gina and then Cyborg.

Last edited:
That’s hard to say. How many opponents do the 2 share? A lot of cyborgs matchups were squash matches. Not that Amanda didn’t have some of those as well.

Most. Cyborg only fought six women who did not fight lighter than 145 before fighting Amanda, and had fought six women who fought as light as 125. To accomplish this "marvel" she came in heavy four times, failed two drug tests and her and her team tampered with a weigh-in scale. Cyborg's entire career was a history of cheating and/or seizing unfair advantage to beat up smaller women.

Fucking bullshit you moron. Literally everything you spout on this topic is bullshit. Almost every fighter starts out in higher weight classes and move down as they tune themselves into their best version. Nunes and Ronda both excelled at 135, were champs at 135 and had zero issues making 135 and were not drained. Cyborgs entire career is almost pure cans and 135ers moving up or fatties that should be in a lower weight class

Well, for instance, they had to go 15 spots down the roster before they found anyone willing to fight her at 140. 15 women turned it down before Leslie Smith agreed to get dismantled in less than a round. UFC BW was absolutely terrified of Cyborg, and they should have been.

Uh, no? lol.

They didn't go 15 spots down the roster at all because there wasn't 15 girls at FW, then, now, or ever haha.

lol at UFC BWs being afraid of fighting a jacked up girl who cuts to FW haha. Even if they were, which they weren't, how is not understandable that BWs don't want to jump up a weight class on a week's notice to fight a BW weight bully? If they were in the same div, it would make sense, but they're not, which just makes the idea of them ducking her completely stupid.

Also, those BWs clearly weren't afraid to fight Borg anyway. The fact that 6 or 7 of them fattened up and did fight her in the UFC is literally proof that they weren't afraid of her.

And what the fuck is 140? That's not even a weight class. That's the catch weight they kept using to lure BWs into fatten up to fight her lol. That catchweight benefited Cyborg, not them, as she just bulked right back up.

If anyone ducked anyone, it was Cyborg ducking good comp. If she hadn't been juicing to the gills for years, she might have been able to do that. History shows she wanted none of legit comp and instead chose to cheat and fight fattened up BWs whenever possible.

I'm not sure Cris Cyborg had ever fought someone who had actual KO power before. Why play it safe defensively in anyway if you've never really been in danger? Period.

Do you think instead of going in guns blazing that a patient Cyborg would have beaten Nunes?
Or do you think Amanda had completely surpassed Cyborgs skillset and was better everywhere regardless of Cyborgs gameplan? Cyborgs ground game can be brutal when she uses it

tumblr_pkm89e0fRI1v6w3juo3_500.gifv
tumblr_pkm89e0fRI1v6w3juo1_500.gif

She might have, the way that one played out it was a real 50/50 war, someone was dropping eventually. People who say they don't like women's MMA should be shown this fight, very short but holy hell it was awesome

After she got touched, fight instinct kicked in. A little flight would have done her good in that moment.

Would watch if they ever fought again.
Cyborg seems like a pretty nice chick actually. Not someone I'd root to get more brain damage. Nunes is a bad match up for cyborg.

Fucking bullshit you moron. Literally everything you spout on this topic is bullshit. Almost every fighter starts out in higher weight classes and move down as they tune themselves into their best version. Nunes and Ronda both excelled at 135, were champs at 135 and had zero issues making 135 and were not drained. Cyborgs entire career is almost pure cans and 135ers moving up or fatties that should be in a lower weight class
Stop being emotional, no need for name calling. No almost every fighter certainly does not do that, that claim is what is bullshit. They were in the same promotion as Cyborg and same weight class. Cyborg was well known and feared back then, neither of them were.

Dana slandered Cyborg because Ronda was his cash cow and didn't want her in the UFC. Took him forever to finally make a 145lb weight class after forcing Cyborg to make 140. Ronda also talked tons of trash about Cyborg while at the same time saying she'd only fight her at 135.

UFC had an agenda here just like they do for a lot of fighters they like or dislike.

Cyborg fought whoever she could fight, whoever was willing to fight her and you can't use that in any way shape or form against her. She's the most ducked fighter in WMMA history.

I don't know why you feel the need to personally attack somebody for their opinion. You are the reason Sherdog has a bad reputation.

Ronda and Nunes moved down because that's what they had to do to have a career. FW wasn't going anywhere in any org. BW was in the UFC.

How is Borg the most ducked in history? Who ducked her? Heaps of girls got in there with her. Ronda didn't duck her. Borg wanted Rona to leave BW and become a FW just to fight her when Ronda was doing huge things at BW. Why on earth would she do that? If Borg wanted that fight she needed to drop some of the muscle mass (due to roids) and go after her. Cyborg didn't want to do that.

Weight bully isn't a bullshit term when it comes to Borg either, mate. Not sure if you realize this, but the UFC made the FW division for her. She then proceeded to not fight any actual FWs for like 7 fights. It wasn't until she fought Spencer after she lost to Nunes that she fought her first career FW in the UFC. She happily fought fattened up BWs, even won the belt against one from Invicta lol.

And her strikeforce run was full of the same shit, while she was juiced to the girls. Also, look into what her and her scummy team tried to pull with scales back then lol. Wasn't making weight then got herself a private weigh in while people left the room. Her and her team tried to say that she took off her 7 pound bikini . . .

She's a weight bully and a drug cheat who still benefits from all the gear she was on.
Most blatant Duck would be GDR giving up her title not to face her. Ronda didn't necessarily duck her but with all the crap she talked you'd think she would have went up to 145 to fight her.

As far as weight bullying goes, people will do whatever they can to have an advantage but of course with it being WMMA it might be a bit different. I think weight bully is a ridiculous term because anybody can cut absurd amounts of weight. The only reason they don't is because it's super hard and painful. There's a few exceptions of course but imo if you can make thr weight then you can make the weight. I do wish they would just get rid of weight cutting altogether but as long as it's still a thing... "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

I do think the steroids thing is pretty significant, while there are definitely some women in the UFC on gear I don't think the number is anywhere near as high as it is with male fighters.

I think the length of her reign and the fact she is still having success should be noted. Also I guess it kind of shows how shallow WMMA still is, 145 isn't crazy huge for a fit woman. Yes it's on the bigger size but we have divisions stacked full of tons of fighters all the way up to 265lbs for men but for women 145lbs is a barren wasteland?

Last edited:
Most blatant Duck would be GDR giving up her title not to face her. Ronda didn't necessarily duck her but with all the crap she talked you'd think she would have went up to 145 to fight her.

GDR didn't want to fight a steroid cheat. She came out and said that. As valid as that reason is, she still shouldn't have fattened up to go win the FW belt. It's not like she ever had any plans on actually staying there.

As for Ronda, it was Cyborg who was constantly talking shit and calling Ronda out. Cyborg kept herself relevant by calling her out while she continued to crush cans.

If Cyborg avoided brawling and used feints, defense and worked in a takedown early she might have went on to win.?

Back