Worst tourists - Chinese or Brits?

Second generation ? Second or more generations or even if you grew up in a western country from a young age you will not behave like mainland chinese .
Yeah second generation.

I took my family to Maui this past April. First time travelling out of country with my dad. Despite him being fairly westernized he still displayed some of dat old school mainland behaviour. Lol

Im really shocked to see british competing against chinese here . Always grew up hearing british people were very polite and i dont mean just city people but like small village people like yorkshire people . Theres a saying that British were the first gentlemen people and i got to say theres lots of british in canada and theyre all very polite so i cant picture this loud rude british tourist .

If anywhere near the same percentage of the US population travelled abroad as the UK population then this would be a whole different story. Imagine if your 'people of Walmart' types were travelling across the world each summer.

"walmart types" can't afford to travel. most americans who are loud that travel, are this way in everyday life. i think non-americans don't realize that americans, in general, speak loudly. i get that non-americans find it rude. i just want to point out that it's simply the way a lot of us are. you see it all the time when you go to, say a texas roadhouse or chili's restaurant. you walk in, and everyone is talking loudly. lots of americans find it strange when you go to a restaurant, say in germany, and it's so quiet that you think a funeral is taking place. people are just different.

Yeah I never knew British had that rep until I asked the staff at a hotel in Bermuda who they dreaded having to deal with. They all said Brits.

I live in NYC and all tourists seem a bit horrendous, especially if you're in a place like Times Square, which is why I usually avoid tourist traps. I didn't realize the Chinese had such a notoriously bad reputation as tourists, especially in France, where they're not too kind to foreigners to begin with... At least not to Americans in Paris.

I will say that when I worked in retail I had a lot of issues with Chinese customers who were fresh off the boat. They tried to negotiate the price of items at a department store and threw merchandise around as if they were at a junkyard. Cultural differences and social norms make all the difference in the world. Thank God I never saw anyone take a dump in the handbag department. I would have been traumatized.

I think most of the bad Chinese stereotypes have to do with the uneducated country folk. the younger, educated Chinese from shanghai probably aren't as obnoxious.

@V-Money i also have experience dealing with the Chinese in a retail setting and it was the absolute worst.

My wife used to work at Old Navy and she told me that on more than one occasion she caught them letting their kids shit and/or piss in the store. One time she went back to the fitting rooms and this one broad had her kid pinching a loaf right outside one of the rooms.

Ya basically chinese have reputation for being dirty in korea too . All the slurs about chinese are about they are dirty . If you have ever watched the movie Yellow Sea there is a scene where chinese born korean gangsters gather on the sidewalk dirty squatting swearing and spitting on the ground and the korean man is so disgusted . Thats kind of their reputation in korea . Thats why even chinese born ethnic koreans are treated impolitely even though by blood theyre still korean . Something about chinese ettiquette culture is very ratchet .

Communists love mediocrity and filth even non Chinese Communists

@V-Money i also have experience dealing with the Chinese in a retail setting and it was the absolute worst.

My wife used to work at Old Navy and she told me that on more than one occasion she caught them letting their kids shit and/or piss in the store. One time she went back to the fitting rooms and this one broad had her kid pinching a loaf right outside one of the rooms.
So then you mean to say the people who do it in the street had the decency to at least do it outside ? China .

I'm Chinese and I'm a great tourist. But yeah, for the most part we're pretty terrible.

With Brits I've been told they're pretty rowdy. Never had any run ins with them whilest travelling other than a drunk Brit in Vegas. But he was on his stag and who isn't trashed in Vegas.

Sonny is Chinese... mind blown lol.

Brits are loud and obnoxious. When i was in Prague the town clock had like 50 people waiting for it to chime. A dozen drunk brits started chanting "Why are we waiting!!! Why are we waiting!!!... " over and over and over. When it did its thing they all talked over everyone calling it a peice of shit waste of time etc... they were the worst ones but found Brits to be annoying. Americans are demanding and the Chinese are always in the way but bearable.

I think most of the bad Chinese stereotypes have to do with the uneducated country folk. the younger, educated Chinese from shanghai probably aren't as obnoxious.

So the uneducated country folk are often travelling to the Louvre in Paris? Or shitting outside of a Burberry shop in Oxford?

Outside a Burberry shop on the outskirts of Oxford, a kid from China being cradled by his grandmother has caused quite a stir after being photographed defecating on the street.

Source

I met this brit when i was in europe and he told me his kind are def the worst tourists,and i must admit he was definitley the loudest guy i met on the entire continent.

All of these stories are horrifying. One of my best friends lived in mainland China for a year. I can't recall any stories about people defecating in public but I will ask her about it. I've seen poor people defecating on the streets in third world countries but I've never witnessed it indoors unless it was a small child having an accident or something. Kind of nuts. I read that the Chinese government is keeping a blacklist of people who behave poorly overseas. They need a training program or something.

Everyone should try to learn a little bit about the country they are planning to visit before they go. It is beneficial to all.

Asian people are generally alot ruder than anyone else,but its not that big of a deal to THEM. They arent trying to be assholes,thats just how they roll in Asia. Theyll skip you on line cos thats the thing to do,but its common sense to them to do that,whereas where im from people will fucking have a fist fight over that.

I would rank Chinese tourists as the worst. Brits are some of my favorite, especially to party with. Chinese tourists have no sense of manners or situational awareness. I was on the strip in Vegas, and I'm holding the elevator door so my girlfriend can get on first, this group of Chinese tourists run my girlfriend over to get onto the elevator. Another time I'm standing talking to some friends, again on the strip, and this Chinese tourist is trying to take pictures of their group. All they had to do was say excuse me, but instead she tried shooing me away with her hand...umm naw lady. I live here, you're just visiting.

I seem to remember that Hong Kong's biggest revenue in the 80s was for fines that include littering, urinating in public places, and for spitting on public places so yeah that whole thing about defecating does ring true

Asian people are generally alot ruder than anyone else,but its not that big of a deal to THEM. They arent trying to be assholes,thats just how they roll in Asia. Theyll skip you on line cos thats the thing to do,but its common sense to them to do that,whereas where im from people will fucking have a fist fight over that.

the thing that really grates me, is that they know they are being rude. it's not naivete. they do it because they get away with it. and i'm sorry, but coming from mainland china isn't an excuse. here in san francisco, chinese folks who have been living here for years behave the same way. when i'm on the bus going to work, they gladly push you aside to run to an empty seat. they'll cut in line to get onto the bus first. they're screaming on their phone, or will have a conversation with someone else a few seats down, while completely standing literally a foot in front of someone else. you know why they don't care? because you're not family or a friend to them. it's this type of separateness that isn't good for society.

the thing that really grates me, is that they know they are being rude. it's not naivete. they do it because they get away with it. and i'm sorry, but coming from mainland china isn't an excuse. here in san francisco, chinese folks who have been living here for years behave the same way. when i'm on the bus going to work, they gladly push you aside to run to an empty seat. they'll cut in line to get onto the bus first. they're screaming on their phone, or will have a conversation with someone else a few seats down, while completely standing literally a foot in front of someone else. you know why they don't care? because you're not family or a friend to them. it's this type of separateness that isn't good for society.

There is definitley a cliquish set of rules they have towards "barbarians" hahah

Chinese are the worst cos at least brits speak english!! and cant pretend they cant!

I live in NYC and all tourists seem a bit horrendous, especially if you're in a place like Times Square, which is why I usually avoid tourist traps. I didn't realize the Chinese had such a notoriously bad reputation as tourists, especially in France, where they're not too kind to foreigners to begin with... At least not to Americans in Paris.

I will say that when I worked in retail I had a lot of issues with Chinese customers who were fresh off the boat. They tried to negotiate the price of items at a department store and threw merchandise around as if they were at a junkyard. Cultural differences and social norms make all the difference in the world. Thank God I never saw anyone take a dump in the handbag department. I would have been traumatized.

Times Square is so condensed with peopple it doesnt matter who they are or where their from. If your from NYC there isnt no damn reason ever to go there,i absolutley hate it,especially in the humid summer.

Back