Worst stand-up comedian?

Exactly why I like Burr. CK is pretty eh for me.

I love vulgarity, CK delivers most of the time for me there.

People hate on Jeselnik?

Tosh is also great.

Now Tosh gets a fuck ton of hate from alot of people (at least from what I've read here) -but that dude always cracks me up. Perfect blend of condescending sarcasm imo.

Tosh is an awesome standup with a horrible show.

CK is just too... i don't even know man. He's annoying me.

I love vulgarity, CK delivers most of the time for me there

Now Tosh gets a fuck ton of hate from alot of people (at least from what I've read here) -but that dude always cracks me up. Perfect blend of condescending sarcasm imo.

I think Tosh is played out. Tired of the gay stuff and the shock humor on his show. Its like he's trying to be howard stern.

Jeselnik is really funny. The segment on his show with the other comedians when they do "explain your tweets" is great.

Agreed. I saw Tosh at the Ryman here in Nashville. So he did stand up at the holy grail of country music and was really good.

Not a fan of his network comedy tv show.

Agree on Tosh.

With CK he was/is great but it got old.

I went to the Oddball Comedy Festival and he was good but Hannibal Burress and Chris D'Elia killed it. He couldn't beat their sets.

He's TV guy now. Also Lucky Louis was better than Louis imo.

Thing about CK is that it's pretentiousness hidden behind a black T-Shirt.
Carlin knew he was pretentious and he let us know he didn't give a fuck. CK is not this every man that his audience wants him to be nor who he pretends to be.

Yeah Tosh.0 doesn't get many spikes in the Nielsen dept from my wire either.

I can see where people wouldn't like Louis in all honesty, its the same way I felt/feel about Seinfeld tbh

I think Tosh is played out. Tired of the gay stuff and the shock humor. Its like he's trying to be howard stern.

This reminds me, I always crack up at the random sports humor Tosh works into his routines.

On topic: Dave Attell is one of my all time favorites.

Can't stand Seinfeld and he rubs me the wrong way as a person

Thing about CK is that it's pretentiousness hidden behind a black T-Shirt.
Carlin knew he was pretentious and he let us know he didn't give a fuck. CK is not this every man that his audience wants him to be nor who he pretends to be.

I see your point but his stand up definitely got laughs from me.

At the same time I Don't think he's an all time great

CK is hilarious and a damn good comedian. But he insists upon himself with his self-deprecation and I don't like it.

I sound like a huge knob analyzing him like this when it should just be "What's funny", but him being funny bugs me a lot. Not on a level of disdain or jealousy, it just doesn't feel genuine.

I'll agree with this. No way he has done enough to begin with. Many comics discussed in this thread aren't all time greats tho.

Yeah Tosh.0 doesn't get many spikes in the Nielsen dept from my wire either.

I can see where people wouldn't like Louis in all honesty, its the same way I felt/feel about Seinfeld tbh

This reminds me, I always crack up at the random sports humor Tosh works into his routines.

On topic: Dave Attell is one of my all time favorites.

Attell is the perfect comic. He Has great Bits and he can freestyle like Patrice and Norm.

Attell is probably top 10 alive. Top whatever of the past 20 years.

How do you guys feel about Hicks?

Attell is the perfect comic. He Has great Bits and he can freestyle like Patrice and Norm.

Attells ability to wander off the routine and find a way back to it in real time is fantastic.

The dude is a natural.

Never liked him, can't understand all this 'ahead of his time' bullshit he gets from people these days either.

Everyone always says that after someone dies 'they were ahead of their time..' the fuck does that even mean anyways?

Attells ability to wander off the routine and find a way back to it in real time is fantastic.

The dude is a natural.

Schumer said after she broke up with Jeselnik, she and her two female friends were at a restaurant commiserating. Said she saw Attell and he came over. No "Hello" no anything, just "Oh what are we having tonight? No Boyfriend a la mode?" and walked off. Insomniac used to slay me in my youth.

Everyone always says that after someone dies 'they were ahead of their time..' the fuck does that even mean anyways?

^Its the celebrity version of crying racism in that saying it has lost any meaning. Its become a generic catch phrase.

I like Hicks but I think he's slightly over rated.

He was good but I don't get excited when I see his stuff on Netflix.

If he comes on Pandora I think "oh nice"

Schumer said after she broke up with Jeselnik, she and her two female friends were at a restaurant commiserating. Said she saw Attell and he came over. No "Hello" no anything, just "Oh what are we having tonight? No Boyfriend a la mode?" and walked off. Insomniac used to slay me in my youth.

lol

He would do that haha. Never breaks character because he is that character.

Back