Worst stand-up comedian?

lol

He would do that haha. Never breaks character because he is that character.

So Jeselnik had Dave Atelle and Joan Rivers on the same show. Pretty timely to the conversation. Good stuff.

[YT]4rMOzigPRUA[/YT]

So Jeselnik had Dave Atelle and Joan Rivers on the same show. Pretty timely to the conversation. Good stuff.

[YT]4rMOzigPRUA[/YT]

I feel like some of that show is improv and alot of it is script tbh. Maybe its just me, but everyone on that show -when they are on that show- seems a tad robotic to me.

Its hard for me to explain

Long format, slow pace, deadpan. Observation. He's very dry, but his punchlines and persona are great. Good line of not trying too hard, but still putting a lot of thought into his jokes.

Do you ever listen to your mom's house podcast? Cracks me up all the time

Alright, enough with the hate. Who used to love the HBO comedy specials from the 80's and 90's. Rodney Dangerfield was awesome as host.

Who else? That was a little before my time. Not familiar with a lot of comics from that time

As much as I don't like him, Bill Maher's stand-up back then was loaded with social commentary and non pc thoughts on politics and religion and so on. There were others too. Depending on who you beleive, Dennis Leary (who is accused of stealling Hicks act and material).

Hicks, imo, gets credit for his edgy or darker version of that same type of humor. Sam Kinison was better at it tho imo, even tho he didn't quite cover the exact same bases as Hicks.

Can't stand Kinnison. Definition of a can imo.

Hicks is a great mind and a great guy. I think he got too enveloped in his persona, though.

Can't stand Kinnison. Definition of a can imo.

Hicks is a great mind and a great guy. I think he got too enveloped in his persona, though.

To each their own. But Kinison was just as dark and imo had a much better act/style than Hicks.

Kinison was a legit preacher when he was younger too for the record.

And wether stolen or not, Leary did with that act what Hicks could never do while alive; he got peoples attention. He was better at it, plain and simple.

I know all about kinison. Don't like him.

Who actually makes you guys laugh? I don't mean smile and chuckle, but guys that make you spasm like a donkey.

Jeselnik, Titus, Jeffries. I am sure there are more, but I have been lax on my comedy stuff lately.

I love Kevin hart, he just seems cool, humble(for a popular entertainer) and funny as fuck. Watch when he just clowns on Charles Barkley and Shaq recently at one of the All-Star game.

I've read basically all of the greats mentioned so far, cept a couple(unless I missed posts which I admit I did do) Chris Rock and Mitch Hedberg haven't been mentioned unless I missed those posts. So fuckin funny.

Hedberg is funny but just reminds me of that stupid friend you had in high school that you always laughed at because he was high all the time and said stupid shit unintentionally.

As much as I don't like him, Bill Maher's stand-up back then was loaded with social commentary and non pc thoughts on politics and religion and so on. There were others too. Depending on who you beleive, Dennis Leary (who is accused of stealling Hicks act and material).

Hicks, imo, gets credit for his edgy or darker version of that same type of humor. Sam Kinison was better at it tho imo, even tho he didn't quite cover the exact same bases as Hicks.

Hicks has said that Kinison was a huge influence on him. I respect the hell out of Kinison, but I find he is just a little too loud for my taste.

Who actually makes you guys laugh? I don't mean smile and chuckle, but guys that make you spasm like a donkey.

Doug Stanhope
Bill Burr
Loius C.K.
Bill Hicks
Dave Attell
Jim Norton
Greg Giraldo

Another comic I find funny who people don't mention often is Jim Gaffigan

Jim Gaffigan "McDonalds"
[YT]6YDTfEhChgw[/YT]

Kinison's bit in Back To School was hilarious, imo. His stand-up was shit though.

I don't find Dane Cook funny at all... but obviously TONS of people do.

Back