Worst moment you've ever had at work

When I worked as an EMT I had for people die on me in one night from various ailments. It felt like the Grim Reaper was riding shotgun with us that night

My first day on the job, working for a TV Aerial Company, my job was to call up people who have recently bought TV aerials, or had theirs repaired, do customer service, and then tried to sell them these bullshit "service plans", even though the vast majority of people have their's covered by their home insurance.

So, first day. First call. I ask to speak to the guy whose name was on the invoice, the woman burst out crying, said "He's dead" and slammed the phone down on me. Unfortunate start, but you can't let that stop you.

Now, the job starts here, first day, REAL first call, that was a practice, this is the real start. Call up, ask for the person on the invoice "I'm sorry, he has passed away". Okay, once is bad, twice is horrible, I can't have it happen a third time.

I put the first two out of my mind, I call the next person on my list, this is the real first call. I ask for the person on the invoice... HE'S NOT DEAD!!! SUCCESS!! However, he's in Prison.

Supervisor comes over, asks how I'm doing. I tell him "Well, this last one was in prison. And the first two were dead!"

His reply? "Well, those are the ones who need it most, try to call them tomorrow".

I didn't try as hard at the job after that, instead, I used it to gather material for my stand up comedy, then I got fired for not taking it seriously.

Last edited:
It was my first job, I was 16 and doing maintenance at Zellers which is basically a red, shittier Walmart. I had a list of tasks to do and I was completing them on time so things were looking good.

Unfortunately, my bitch of a supervisor wanted me to go even faster and finish up early. She was yelling at me to basically sprint up those ladders with the tiny steps. She wasn't holding the bottom of it for me either, which she was supposed to be doing, instead she just left.

I was putting things up in the top shelf and eventually slipped near the top and almost fell about 10 feet. My right hand reached out and caught the rail and I ended up taking the force of the hit on my left knee.

Some lady in the isle asked if I was okay and surprisingly I was fine and didn't feel a thing. About an hour later I bent down to put something away in a bottom shelf and my knee locked up and I had to push myself back to my feet. My knee gave me problems for a few years after that and I never even reported the accident.

Last edited:
A guitar strap through a window, while fully clothed? I'm pretty sure it wasn't any kinky shit.worst of it was, he'd had curry and rice for dinner, and when I cut him down, the first person to give him mouth to mouth blew air straight into his stomach, so it all came back up. So I've tasted a dead man's last meal.

Not a sherdogger then. Don't worry about it.

My first job was at Wal Mart like 3 months after high school. I got put on the remodel crew because it was being turned into a Supercenter with a grocery section. We got all the shelving up and i was stocking peanut butter when someone dropped a case of pickles. For the next 2 days the area smelled like pickles and i couldnt eat peanut butter for a month because every time i saw it i was reminded of that smell. After the remodel was finished they said i would be hired on most likely as a stocker. Im brought in and told im now the "maintenance" guy. Meaning i was in charge of mopping and cleaning bathrooms. I quit shortly after.

Nothing too funny or story-worthy. Probably running my foot over with a pallet jack full of bottled water and canned goods. Had to be a good 2000 pounds at least. Terrible pain for weeks and I still have a decent sized lump on the top of my foot. Never got it x-rayed so I don't know if I broke it or not, but it feels fine now.

Can't believe I forgot this one. I was working at the computer department at FS doing commissioned sales. Back at that point they used to lock hard drives and video cards etc. in this big cabinet with huge sliding glass doors behind the counter. Half the time the doors wouldn't slide on the hinges, or come out, or they'd slide too easily and half crush your fingers in the process, or the lock mechanism would fall off. Management didn't really seem interested in turning our bitching into any kind of mechanical solution, so we all just lived with it.

One time I was working the computer desk and a guy came looking for a video card. I grab the card for him and go to pull the cabinet door closed, and it kind of sticks as usual, so out of habit I give it a little extra tug to get it to slide on the rail. As I'm turning around, there's this huge crash, and it feels like someone dumped a bucket of cold gravel over my hand. I look back and this big glass door has smashed closed against the frame of the cabinet and just shattered, spilling thousands of little cubed glass bits all over my hand and the floor.

It didn't even really hurt, just surprised the hell out of me. And of course made me look like a spaz to every customer in the department. My hand was cut up some, but if it hadn't been safety glass, I'd be looking like Merle from the Walking Dead. The management were shitting bricks about worker's comp, but I just slapped a few bandaids on my hand and went back to work. Still got a few little scars.

Lost the video card sale though :(

I used to work for a sub contractor doing work for Mortgage companies on foreclosed homes. We would winterize the property, landscape, or whatever miscellaneous tasks the Banks wanted done.
Anyways this job required to drive all across the state to various properties. I was by myself instead of a usual co worker, all the way down in rural ass western VA in the mountains, several hours from home.
I was driving a truck with a lawn mower on a trailer behind it. I get to this house that has a long driveway going downhill off the side of this mountain. I see there is no room to turn around at the bottom of the driveway so I decide to back the trailer down. I almost get all the way down before the steepness of the hill and lack of space caused me to jack knife the truck and trailer. the only way I can fix it is to take the trailer off the truck. I had to use the truck jack to lift the trailer off the hitch. Once I get it off and I go to back the truck up to the trailer, I run over the jack I had left on the ground. This caused the tire to pop. So I change the tire out with the spare.
So after an hour of being at this house of doing nothing but fixing a spare tire and a jack knifed truck and trailer, I am finally ready to start the winterization on the property. The bank requires photos of all the steps of the winterization so I was doing my usual photo taking when the camera spazzes out and deletes all my photos from the ENTIRE day and that job. So I it was like I pretty much did nothing the whole day cuz I lost all the evidence. I was so fucking furious at this point I spinning back kicked a whole in the living room.

Back