Worst moment you've ever had at work

RSmith47

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This can be anything from getting fired for something stupid to pooping your pants on the job.

My first job when I was 17 was at an auto shop that I got because my cousin stuck his neck out for me and told the guy I was a good worker. It was a legit shop as well, not a Jiffy Lube or anything like that.

The guy started me out with changing oil since it was one of the few things I already knew how to do. I had 3 oil changes to do that day and none of them had customers waiting so I could take my time. I was still super nervous though. I was a shy kid so the thought of having a job really made me nervous. I just didn't want to screw up.

First oil change went smooth. I was like ok...I'm officially becoming a man now.

Second oil change I forgot to put the oil filter back on before I filled it up with oil. I didn't notice it until I was filling the oil up and it puddled under my feet and I almost slipped on it. I freaked out and started trying to clean it all up without anyone noticing and I ended up covered in oil. I had to clean the tires and everything on the car so it didn't splash up when they were driving away. At this point I was feeling really really down on myself.

Third oil change I set the oil cap on the toolbox and it fell back behind it. This was one of those large 5ft tall stand up toolboxes. I put my hand on top of it for leverage and I bent by body down the side of it so I could reach back and feel for the cap behind it. I didn't know that the toolbox was super top heavy and as soon as I bent down, the box tipped over and crashed right onto the front of the car with it's hood open. It tore the bumper all up and tools and all kinds of junk crashed into the engine department.

At that point I wanted to just kill myself. I told the boss I guess I wasn't ready for this. He was cool about it even though I could tell he was pissed. He paid me $50 and told me "good luck with everything" lol. It was one of those "Am I even going to be able to make it in life?" moments. I didn't stop feeling like shit until I got my next job and proved to myself that I could be a functioning human being.

Sold alcohol to minors.

But i didn't know it was alcohol.

Was a granite countertop fabricator for a bit. I was "promoted" to cutter. Anyway I went out on a Thursday night and got completely hammered, closed down the bar, didn't go to sleep till about 4am. Had to leave home at 6am to get to work on time. I woke up still drunk so I didn't feel too bad. Then as I start working the headache comes and I am working around a lot of loud tools. At a certain point mid cut, a sneak vomit came up and just went all over the table and piece I was working on. Had to clean it all up while running to throw up some more. All while the guys were making fun of me.

So I was a contractor for a big legal service company doing a SOX 404 assessment. I was there for a few months and got to know a handful of people. There was a Hispanic gal named Alicia there who was my age, recently divorced and looking for attention. SO we hooked up a few times (before I was married of course). She used to send me interoffice instant messages on my PC. One day I was giving a presentation on a InFocus to the CEO, CFO, COO, CTO & CIO. Halfway through she sends me a message saying what she wants me to do to her. All I did was turn off my IM. I never had the heart to tell her what happened.

Post-Holiday discounting at work. Boss wouldn't stop telling me i wasn't doing the exact thing i was doing. I let her have it in front of everyone.
It was a poor choice, and i didn't really feel good about it, but she just needed to hear it.
Of course we talked it out, but like a bitter middle aged woman, i became her primary target for passive aggressive behavior instead of direct conversation. It was the beginning of the end, a sad day for humanity.

When I got fired and almost had to go to court, for harassment!

That, or when I got sick from a bad pork chop.

One time i was working at this garage.....same one the TS worked at. The TS was in the corner crying because he just screwed up a simple oil change. I wanted to make him feel better so i went to give him a hug. He grabbed my junk and gave me a tuggie. I didnt stop him, now i feel bad about it. I hate that day.

Damn TS that sounds rough. I worked for a construction right out of high school. My step dad got me the job and said i'd just be on clean up crew. For whatever reason i was put in a crew of pipe fitters instead. On my first day they were asking me to weld things and go get them tools i had never even heard of. I probably said "I don't know how" or "I don't know what that is" 1000 times that first week. It was embarrassing.

So I was a contractor for a big legal service company doing a SOX 404 assessment. I was there for a few months and got to know a handful of people. There was a Hispanic gal named Alicia there who was my age, recently divorced and looking for attention. SO we hooked up a few times (before I was married of course). She used to send me interoffice instant messages on my PC. One day I was giving a presentation on a InFocus to the CEO, CFO, COO, CTO & CIO. Halfway through she sends me a message saying what she wants me to do to her. All I did was turn off my IM. I never had the heart to tell her what happened.

What was the reaction in the room?

TS, are you a tard or something? Do you change your own oil now?

I'm fine now but I think I was a mildly functioning retard back then. It was just a bad day to have two things go wrong for me and they went wrong at the absolute worst times.

worked for a realty company cleaning up lots and cutting down trees and bushes and stuff.

we had to pile everything up and eventually burn it.

one very windy day i was burning a pile and the embers would go way up in the air, blow like 30 feet away and catch the grass on fire. it got out of control fast and i burnt up half the lot, had to call the fire dept.

Also,

I was a contractor for a big legal service company doing a SOX 404 assessment. I was there for a few months. I convinced this guy I was a Hispanic gal named Alicia, recently divorced and looking for attention. We hooked up a few times. I used to send him interoffice instant messages on my PC. One day he was giving a presentation on a InFocus to the CEO, CFO, COO, CTO & CIO. Halfway through I send him a message saying I want him to do me. Everyone saw. He thinks I don't know about it. He also doesn't know I'm a man.

worked for a realty company cleaning up lots and cutting down trees and bushes and stuff.

we had to pile everything up and eventually burn it.

one very windy day i was burning a pile and the embers would go way up in the air, blow like 30 feet away and catch the grass on fire. it got out of control fast and i burnt up half the lot, had to call the fire dept.

This is exactly the scenario goes through my mind every time I pass by a bunch of hillbillies standing around a huge burning pile of trees and brush.

Not saying you are a hillbilly.

This can be anything from getting fired for something stupid to pooping your pants on the job.

My first job when I was 17 was at an auto shop that I got because my cousin stuck his neck out for me and told the guy I was a good worker. It was a legit shop as well, not a Jiffy Lube or anything like that.

The guy started me out with changing oil since it was one of the few things I already knew how to do. I had 3 oil changes to do that day and none of them had customers waiting so I could take my time. I was still super nervous though. I was a shy kid so the thought of having a job really made me nervous. I just didn't want to screw up.

First oil change went smooth. I was like ok...I'm officially becoming a man now.

Second oil change I forgot to put the oil filter back on before I filled it up with oil. I didn't notice it until I was filling the oil up and it puddled under my feet and I almost slipped on it. I freaked out and started trying to clean it all up without anyone noticing and I ended up covered in oil. I had to clean the tires and everything on the car so it didn't splash up when they were driving away. At this point I was feeling really really down on myself.

Third oil change I set the oil cap on the toolbox and it fell back behind it. This was one of those large 5ft tall stand up toolboxes. I put my hand on top of it for leverage and I bent by body down the side of it so I could reach back and feel for the cap behind it. I didn't know that the toolbox was super top heavy and as soon as I bent down, the box tipped over and crashed right onto the front of the car with it's hood open. It tore the bumper all up and tools and all kinds of junk crashed into the engine department.

At that point I wanted to just kill myself. I told the boss I guess I wasn't ready for this. He was cool about it even though I could tell he was pissed. He paid me $50 and told me "good luck with everything" lol. It was one of those "Am I even going to be able to make it in life?" moments. I didn't stop feeling like shit until I got my next job and proved to myself that I could be a functioning human being.

Hollllyyyyyyyyyyy shit. I would have been in an absolute panic too dude. What a ridiculous story. I bet that guy never hired another teenager to work on cars he's liable for!

My coworker convinced me to go to this pub for lunch with him one day. Three hours later, we roll back into the office and try to pretend like everything's fine. My coworker ended up having to sprint to the bathroom to puke his guts out and finally our supervisor started questioning me about what was going on, although I'm sure he knew. I wasn't having any of it, so I started to walk away and he grabbed my arm. I threatened to kick his ass and ended up having to be driven home by my coworker's girlfriend.

Needless to say, I ended up getting fired but I was pretty okay with it. I had a vacation to Canada planned that started two days after that, so I just didn't come back for 5 months.

I sell refrigerated commercial vehicles to companies all over the country, and earlier this year some of them were having problems due to a faulty part. I had like 5 people in one day screaming at me about it and wanting to "return" their vehicles, threatening to sue and shit, as if a modified van is something you can just "return" like a shirt that doesn't fit. It was an absolute nightmare. It went on for a couple months but that one day was the worst. I very nearly walked out the door.

I was pushing snow with a cat on a saltwater disposal site a couple of years ago. They forgot to tell me they moved the line between the tank and didn't put the change on the maps they gave me.
I hit the line and saltwater started coming out of the line. I ran and shut down the tanks and well head, luckily it was all contained in the pit and I didn't get in trouble because they didn't change the maps but I still felt terrible.

Hollllyyyyyyyyyyy shit. I would have been in an absolute panic too dude. What a ridiculous story. I bet that guy never hired another teenager to work on cars he's liable for!

Yeah man it psychologically messes with you when you're a 17 year old about to become a man and take on the world. Definitely makes you start questioning yourself.

The guy didn't want to hire me in the first place but him and my cousin were good friends so he took a chance and obviously it didn't work out. Felt bad for my cousin because he stuck his neck out for me and it backfired.

Back