Worst moment you've ever had at work

found a 20 year old guy hanging dead in his room, people don't realise that hanging is not a nice way to go, they don't die from a broken neck, they choke to death. its brutal.

You're sure it wasn't autoerotic asphyxiation?

Back when I worked as a dishwasher, I also had to clean up certain areas inside the "restaurant". It was a shitty "restaurant" placed in a theme park.
Anyway, one day some fat cow brings her little child into the restaurant, the little child probably realizes what kind of shit food his mom is feeding him, and he pukes all over the floor.
My manager said I had to clean it up. So I had to clean up this disgusting puke, while the fat cow just sat there staring at me, chuckling a bit "hiihii, what a mess, these things happen huh". Yes they do, and when they do you fucking clean up after your own spawn, whom you are also feeding poison.
I resigned shortly thereafter, getting some holiday money were not worth that shit. At least it gave me some perspective into the lifes of people with shitty jobs.

Last edited:
I ended up with 6 stitches in my groin when a ripsaw kicked back a piece of wood. Luckily it hit me in the leg and not the balls but it was very close.

When my supervisor told me that I was being laid off from managing a group of clients in front of the other employees.

When I worked with children, one of the girls thought it was a nice idea for her to grab on to my private area. She smiled while doing this too, I mean what the fuck do I say to that? :S

I am not a happy person.

I was working on my first computer science co-op work term, programming for a government biology research department. My technical supervisor was this stereotypical bearded Unix system administrator. He was a nice guy by all accounts, and a huge fan of bluegrass/blues (not sure which, dudes with banjos) which for some reason struck me as super weird.

A friend of mine also got a work term in a different lab in the same facility, and we met at this big cafeteria-like lunch room that same day, kind of comparing notes. For some reason my brain just stepped out for a smoke, and I started going off on the system admin dude's taste in weird hillbilly banjo music (my exact words) in my outside voice. Meanwhile my friend's eyes are bugging out and he's trying to motion me to cool it, because the guy I'm shitting all over has walked into the cafeteria.

Worst thing about it was that he was actually a pretty cool guy after I got to know him, and at the time, I was probably listening to Nickelback or something equally heinous. Neither of us ever brought it up, but I always felt shitty about it.

My first job was at a supermarket when I was 15/16. It was before I lost a ton of weight and got in shape. So I was this big ol 270 pound nerd with a bowl cut. I probably looked like a fat humanoid penis walking around that never ever talked or stood up for myself.

There was a kid that was always trying to impress this one chick. He used me as a bridge to do that, always giving me shit but always in front of her. She'd never say anything and just laugh at me with him. One day when I was having a particularly bad day and while I usually didnt say anything when he started in on me, today I just had enough. I told him to leave me alone or I'd punch him in the face. He was kind of taken aback by it. He laughed and because the chick was in the room started in again. I punched him in the face, went up to my boss, told him I was leaving, and went home.

The next day I came into work fully expecting to be fired. But I wasn't, kid had a black eye and told everyone he got it from wrestling. I guess he knew he went too far. The chick always made me laugh because she was like "you didn't have to punch him" all the time in a whiney ass voice. To which I'd always respond, "yeah, I guess you didn't think THAT was funny did you?"

When my supervisor told me that I was being laid off from managing a group of clients in front of the other employees.

When I worked with children, one of the girls thought it was a nice idea for her to grab on to my private area. She smiled while doing this too, I mean what the fuck do I say to that? :S

I am not a happy person.

What the fuck?

Had to tell a lady that her husband of 43 years, a pastor, was dead, and that we were discontinuing resuscitation efforts. At the time it was hard because it was my first time, but that sort of thing doesn't bother me any more.

Or another time when I was 15. Me and my friend were offered a job where we had to move 2tonnes of gravel from someones driveway to the end of their back garden approximately 400m away. He offered us

I work at a physical therapy clinic as an aide and the other aide I work with bullshits so much and makes me carry most of the slack with the patients. She seems to rather socialize than actually work and it pisses me off even more that the manager never mentions anything. I have only been there 8 months and shes been there more than 10 years which is why I've been a little hesitant to speak up but its getting rather annoying to deal with.

Worst thing was probably when I had to remove my own shit from a non functioning toilet so I didn't lose my job.

LMAO! Oh my god. I don't even know you bro, but I'm sorry man! :icon_lol:

Haha thanks. You know how normally when you are going through a miserable time you can say 'it can always be worse'? Yeah....not that time

Probably everyday of the 1 week I worked at a Days Inn.

I was a night auditor and was given NO training on how to structure the closing audit for the night on the spreadsheet. (In hindsight it was very dated on how they did everything at the front desk, 20% computers, 80% paper)

I mostly just goofed off all night because I was a night shift person who just needed to just be present basically but I did hated it when the morning manager comes in and I have to tell him I didn't do any of the closing junk AT ALL. I even asked him twice to walk me through it and he would just silently and quickly do the entire closing procedure with no chance of me understanding or training to memory what he was doing.

The evening before I quit a bunch of buddies and some hotties I know from jamming together at a few shows show up, wasted from a wine tasting festival and metal show they just got out of, and they get a couple of rooms. I told em that tonight is my last night working here, this job is shit, and I opened the swimming pool for them that needed to be closed "past hours."

Wasn't that bad really but I do hate it when someone thinks i'm a lazy, incompetent jackass when I really aim to do everything in my life right.

I know that feeling man. Back in the day me and my buddy about 16 or so and were picking something up from this guy who was a friend of his dads. When we got there they were doing a remodel on this small retail building. The guy asked us if we'd like to make $200 hauling junk off to the dump. My buddy had a long bed truck so we said sure. He showed us the pile and it looked like about 3 truck loads. Well we agreed to do the work and after we loaded up the truck the first time, the pile of construction trash didn't even look any smaller.

At that point we were like oh shit what did we get ourselves into? In the end it took 2 days and 8 trips to the dump at $20 a trip. After we paid for gas, we ended up PAYING to haul this guys junk away. We were so fucking pissed. We went back and told my buddies dad what his friend did. His dad just laughed and said "Welcome to the real world. Bet you wont make that mistake again huh?" and that was it.

should have turned his car into a cube

You're sure it wasn't autoerotic asphyxiation?

A guitar strap through a window, while fully clothed? I'm pretty sure it wasn't any kinky shit.worst of it was, he'd had curry and rice for dinner, and when I cut him down, the first person to give him mouth to mouth blew air straight into his stomach, so it all came back up. So I've tasted a dead man's last meal.

Back