• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Worst mistakes made by a main character in a movie?

David Drayton killing his son 1 minute before being rescued.
This came to say this. I dont think anything comes close to the impact, on a personal level as the final act of The Mist. Thomas Jane nailed that scene and roll.

Tony Montana is arguably the biggest fuck up.

Which is the point that so few seem to understand about that movie.

He was wrong all along. Frank tried to tell him from the very beginning that the guys that last in this business are the ones that lay low. Tony wanted it all. Jumped into bed with Sosa at the first chance to make that $75 million deal which eventually gave and cost him everything. Frank had it all figured out, Tony let his greed get the best of him

Brandon Lee in The Crow

Lil Ze shouldn't have fucked the girl with that voodoo amulet on in City of God.

Anybody??

He was wrong all along. Frank tried to tell him from the very beginning that the guys that last in this business are the ones that lay low. Tony wanted it all. Jumped into bed with Sosa at the first chance to make that $75 million deal which eventually gave and cost him everything. Frank had it all figured out, Tony let his greed get the best of him

But it also took sheer illogical guts and balls to get to the top like he did. If he wasn't the aggressive greedy Tony Montana he wouldn't have reached the top of the world and been a dishwasher for the rest of his life. He's that gambler that's goes for broke with every roll of the dice and kept on winning and amassing a fortune only to lose it all once he bet the wrong way.

giphy.gif

That was a dream sequence.

There was a movie where the bad guy let's a cop go instead of killing him because he has a family, but then the cop kills him.

I can't remember what movie it was The Departed maybe? Anyway... that movie.

But it also took sheer illogical guts and balls to get to the top like he did. If he wasn't the aggressive greedy Tony Montana he wouldn't have reached the top of the world and been a dishwasher for the rest of his life. He's that gambler that's goes for broke with every roll of the dice and kept on winning and amassing a fortune only to lose it all once he bet the wrong way.

Yeah, I think he only really fucked up towards the end, with all his coked up decision making, after the botched assassination.

Of course, you could look at the entirety of his drug lord life, and what it cost him, and say the the whole path he took was a fuck up, but that's a little too on the nose for my tastes. He had a good run in that life, took most of the right chances, and the main thing that fucked him over in that life, was a fleeting moment of morality. All he had to do was kill some kids, and he'd still be wheeling and dealing.

Soo-hyeon from I Saw the Devil, letting Kyung-chul go just to keep fucking with him. Should have just taken him in, or killed him.

No he didn’t. He went after Waingro, then Pacino went after him.
I love that scene when he’s on the highway leaving town then he’s like “fuck it” and turns off to go back.

1 death to take out an MG nest? That's a winning ratio in the hedgerows of Normandy.

THIS was a mistake... Oh. Not a main character. Oops, whatever

iu

Main Character? Well I think detective Mills shoulda gotten a better lock on his front door, for when he was tracking a brilliant, well-researched serial killer.

Back