• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Worst mistakes made by a main character in a movie?

giphy.gif

Bah gawd!!
AshamedCheerfulCardinal-small.gif

<27>

Lance Henriksen should have just tossed away the grenade in Hard Target.

Richard Dawson should have been nice to Sven.

Vernon Wells should not have thrown away his gun at the end of Commando.

Monkey fighter should not have jumped right at sumo guy.

Yeah these aren't main characters but who gives a f.

Lol that part always amuses me...really? Just throw the fucking thing.

One time when we were doing a training exercise someone tossed a training sim grenade and it landed next to me in my LP/OP and I just tossed it back and the RO called the initial guy who tossed it dead. Lol.

It wasn’t his boat. Once Quint realized the challenge he was in for with the shark he had too much pride to go back to shore to admit that he didn’t have the capability of killing it.
Yeah nobody was making Quint do anything he didn't want with his boat. He would have crushed Drefuss like a plastic cup and even Roy would have ended up in the water.

This is true, absolutely, but Brody being the Amity Police Chief didn't really make a wise choice continuing to go along with Quint which was likely going to jeopardize their safety, all so an old drunken fisherman could scratch an itch

Last edited:
Old mate Isildur not throwing the one ring into Mount Doom was a pretty big error.

This is true, absolutely, but Brody being the Amity Police Chief didn't really make a wise choice continuing to go along with Quint which was likely going to jeopardize their safety all so an old drunken fisherman could scratch an itch

What would you have had Brody do though? It seemed kind of like his choices were go along to get along or else swim back...

Base Commander Colonel Nathan Jessup shouldn't have told the truth...

What would you have had Brody do though? It seemed kind of like his choices were go along to get along or else swim back...
So a Police Chief forfeits his authority just cause he's on someone elses boat? I'm sure a police chief could have flexed some muscle when he felt his own safety was in jeopardy

Should never have taken the money.

no-country-for-old-men-2007-movie-review-josh-brolin-llewelyn-moss-best-picture-winner.jpg

Should never have taken the money.

no-country-for-old-men-2007-movie-review-josh-brolin-llewelyn-moss-best-picture-winner.jpg
He seemed like a pretty smart guy too. What are you gonna do with $2million cash? You can’t make large deposits or big purchases without serious questions being asked leading to you being tracked. He even says himself “at what point would you stop looking for $2 million?”. He had to know he’d be hunted for the rest of his life even if he did never go back to the scene to give the guy water.

So a Police Chief forfeits his authority just cause he's on someone elses boat? I'm sure a police chief could have flexed some muscle when he felt his own safety was in jeopardy

I think every avenue other than compliance with Quint ends up with Brody in the water somehow.

Roy is a tough guy but Jaws Quint would have steamrolled Jaws Roy.

Quint was never going to be convinced or made to do anything. Roy would have basically had to either knock him out and tie him up or else kill him. And there's no way a sailor like Quint wouldn't have escaped from any knot known to man.

Maritime Law. He was the captain of the boat. The only way the chief could have taken control was if he said "Look at me, I am the captain now"

When the people in the movie "Don't look in the Basement" looked in the Basement. They shouldn't have done that.

MV5BNzU3NGUxNjUtYzE1Yy00OTNhLTgwZGMtYmVkMWVlN2RiNTYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I think every avenue other than compliance with Quint ends up with Brody in the water somehow.
Roy is a tough guy but Jaws Quint would have steamrolled Jaws Roy.
Quint was never going to be convinced or made to do anything. Roy would have basically had to either knock him out and tie him up or else kill him. And there's no way a sailor like Quint wouldn't have escaped from any knot known to man.
Maritime Law. He was the captain of the boat. The only way the chief could have taken control was if he said "Look at me, I am the captain now"

Pretty sure Matt who was at odds with Quint would have sided with Brody and it would have been 2 against 1. Brody made the mistake and Quint died. They all should have died, the boat was destroyed.
Why are we going any further with this?

He seemed like a pretty smart guy too. What are you gonna do with $2million cash? You can’t make large deposits or big purchases without serious questions being asked leading to you being tracked. He even says himself “at what point would you stop looking for $2 million?”. He had to know he’d be hunted for the rest of his life even if he did never go back to the scene to give the guy water.
Those red flag laws didn't exist in the time the movie was set in.

His huge mistake was going back with "agua" for the gut shot Mexican.

"LuEllen, what are you doin?"

"Something stupid. Tell mother I love er"

deniro decided he had to go after pacino in heat

gremlins
shouldnt have fed em after midnight nor got em wet

Back