Worst Game You've Paid Full Price For ($50-$60)

Lol yes. I remember Acclaim putting out a bunch of shitty games back then.

Including this one.
9029_front.jpg
Warzone was a good game back then.

http://www.gamerankings.com/n64/199350-wwf-war-zone/index.html

Perhaps 'Enter The Matrix' was enjoyable for some, but if you read the full preview of that EGM spread, then you were convinced that it was going to be an amazing game.

I freakin traded in my copy of Halo1 toward the purchase of it. Imagine how stupid I felt afterwards.

It was a classic example of the type of journalistic malpractice that Total Biscuit condemns on his youtube channel.

I wish I could see screenshots of that EGM preview just to enforce in my mind that is was as bad as I remember. It's been 12 years.

Not total biscuit! lmao

ETM wasn't necessarily bad but it was buggy and rushed to release around the same time as Reloaded.

I think Hitman:Absolution was probably the biggest disappointment for me personally. I loved the older games, especially Blood Money, but Absolution was a totally different game which didn't really have anything to do with a hitman going on hits.

Halo 4 was also a disappointment. Again, I know others loved it, but I lost interest fighting knights and dogs for 10+ hours. The end sequence was also a kick in the nuts and frustrating.

Honorable Mention: As others have said, N64 Southpark was pretty rough. Hard as hell and not very fun.

WW2 Online probably. I've heard the game vastly improved but it was a pile of crap at launch.

Skyward Sword.

Last edited:
I didn't pay full price for it, but goddamn...

[YT]-FdC-eIBIUs[/YT]

Watch Dogs. I had a lot of hype for that game and all of that hype just face planted. Couldn't get into the story all that much and didn't even beat the game because I was so uninterested.

Ikari Warriors 2 for NES, bought it back in the late 80's early 90's at Toys are US, it was garbage...

I paid full price for Final Fantasy XIII. Ugh...

The game was good, but I think the one I'm most disappointed about paying full price for was Diablo III. I'm not sure it could be helped since not everything can be a Diablo II and my expectations were unrealistic.

Meh.. D3 is a couple 3 years old now, and still in my rotation.. I can't really be disappointed in anything that I have hundreds of hours invested in that only cost me 60 bucks...

Back