Worst Game You've Paid Full Price For ($50-$60)

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired by the 'Worst Movie You've Ever Seen' in Mayberry, we've all played bad games. But if we rent, borrow, or buy them for cheap, it's far less offensive than laying out some big cash on a game that completely sucks.

So, which game was the worst you paid full price for?

enterthematrixxbox.jpg

I freaking loved 'The Matrix.'

I even loved 'The Matrix Reloaded.'

So, released on the same day as Reloaded, imagine my complete amazement when this piece of shit was of the quality it was. Yes, 'Enter The Matrix' is absolutely the worst game I've ever played, and paid full price to play on Day 1 of it's release.

It also was a betrayal to me from EGM, my favorite gaming publication that had a huge preview (14 or 16 pages long, and the cover) a few months before it's release, detailing what an awesome game it was undoubtedly going to be. Not only did EGM convieniently not have a review for it in the issue of the month's before it's release, they didn't have a review in the next issue either. But finally, two months after it's release, EGM has reviews that average out to be 5/10.

But those reviews revealed what we gamers knew on Day1, that his game was a steaming pile of shit. Not worth spending $0.99 on a steam sale, or your own time attempting to have fun in the buggiest and most incomplete console game I've ever played.

At least this game was a preview for the dissapointment of 'The Matrix Revolutions.'

Anyway, what's yours?

Oh' shit, I bought the special edition of a game I can't even remember the title of, it was so bad. The cover had the Statue Of Liberty on it, and it was a post nuclear war shooter. It was so awful. Fight For Liberty, or something....

Damnit, that's going to drive me nuts. It was by far the worst game I spent my money on.

Call of Juarez- Bound in Blood.

Agreed WaW is probably my fave COD. Series went downhill after that one. Hard as fuck though on Veteran (the grenade spam is unreal). Very frustrating but still was fun to slog through.

Co-Sign on Max Payne 3. I hated it. The controls were trash. Tried to adjust them and couldn't get it down. Quit after a couple of hours of frustration. I quit at the Stadium. That level sucked. I didn't pay full price for it though. Was bargain binned thankfully.

Black Ops was pretty good

Replace Unlimited Saga with Saga Frontier and it's my sentiments exactly. That was the beginning of the end for Squaresoft.

I hated SF. I couldn't understand what it wanted of me, and I never could get past fairly early on in the game.

Didn't think Enter the Matrix was that bad.

Superman 64 is probably the worst i've paid any amount of money for, lol.

6411_front.jpg

So desperate for an RPG on N64 and this is what I got...a festering pile of horse shit.

lmao my friend I used to live with had this game. It was total rubbish

I didn't think enter the matrix was that bad either. It was at least a 7/10 for me.

lmao my friend I used to live with had this game. It was total rubbish

It was such a pathetic answer to the complaints of the N64 not having any RPG's. Yeah, I was totally not jealous of the PS1 players having FFVII, Wild Arms, Breath Of Fire, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears to play. Nintendo gave me Quest 64.

Duke Nukem Forever.

Enter the Matrix 'wasn't that bad'... the fuck is wrong with you lot? Like 75% of the bosses were fucking helicopters.

What? That Matrix game was awesome! Don't think I've bought a really bad game. I always buy the Mortal Kombat games and end up playing them like once.

Even thinking back to Nintendo 64 games I can't remember a bad game I've bought.. I think I also bought that Call of Juarez.. which I never played. =P

The old microsoft shadowrun game. Buggy as hell, and when I finally had time to get it to work, they stopped supporting MP, which was the only reason to play it.

didnt buy much full priced games, but maybe l4d2 was just good and not awesome

at the same time i didnt buy full price cause it was preorder, so 5$ less i think, but yeah it falls in the category

:p

Call of Juarez- Bound in Blood.

game was quite nice, not sure why you wouldnt enjoy it

really nice gameplay, nice graphics, standard plot. not on AAA but cool game

I remember I got Enter The Matrix on pc when I was a kid. It was fun from what I remember. The bullet time stuff felt like classic Max Payne.. But I wasn't the brightest kid back then, so maybe now I'd realize it wasn't that good.

Back