Worst Game You've Paid Full Price For ($50-$60)

I loved the Ace Combat games on PS2 and I was really excited when I saw Ace Combat Assault Horizon was coming out. Unfortunately, I didn't look at it closely enough and failed to realize that they completely changed the core gameplay. I took it back a day later and traded it for Battlefield 3.

I must be the one person who liked Enter the Matrix

25+to+life.jpg

i usually do a pretty thorough job of reviewing games before purchase. i think the most dissapointed ive probably ever been was metroid back on nintendo. I thought that game was shit and maybe only got a couple hours out of it and was bored the whole time wondering what the hype was.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't a bad game but it was the most disappointing experience I had and eventually sold it and the Wii because at the time it was pretty much the only thing that was making me keep the system

I must be the one person who liked Enter the Matrix

nope

Didn't think Enter the Matrix was that bad.

Superman 64 is probably the worst i've paid any amount of money for, lol.

I didn't think enter the matrix was that bad either. It was at least a 7/10 for me.

What? That Matrix game was awesome! Don't think I've bought a really bad game. I always buy the Mortal Kombat games and end up playing them like once.

I remember I got Enter The Matrix on pc when I was a kid. It was fun from what I remember. The bullet time stuff felt like classic Max Payne.. But I wasn't the brightest kid back then, so maybe now I'd realize it wasn't that good.

Yeah, was reading through this.
I think it's one of those games every 10-17 year old had an awesome time playing, but then some 34 year old game reviewer said it sucked, and the now 25 year old gamers went back and re-read the reviews 10 years on and just changed their opinion with a "what was i thinking" rhetoric.

It was a fun game. Good story. Good shoot em up mechanics.

Two Worlds. Buggy, graphics were sub par compared to similiar games of the time frame (Oblivion), the control scheme was awful, voice acting was awful, "the taint", and the ending made me wish I hadn't wasted my time.

I liked Enter the Matrix. But I also played it way after release and got it used lol so maybe that's why. Fun gameplay, captured the feel of the film pretty well.

Shaq Fu I didn't technically pay full price for, but my brother and I fucking BEGGED for it for Xmas. It was firmly at the top of our list and we were fairly certain we would die if we didn't get it. The disappointment was immediate and crushing.

i was given that matrix game but it was a pc copy and i never tried it. Ended up throwing it away.

Yeah, was reading through this.
I think it's one of those games every 10-17 year old had an awesome time playing, but then some 34 year old game reviewer said it sucked, and the now 25 year old gamers went back and re-read the reviews 10 years on and just changed their opinion with a "what was i thinking" rhetoric.

It was a fun game. Good story. Good shoot em up mechanics.

This is definitely accurate. That Niobe-Persephone cutscene tho.

810_front.jpg

I was so excited for this game when i was younger seeing as how i was obsessed with South Park, turned out to be a total piece of shit though.

Path of Neo was pretty fun too.

810_front.jpg

I was so excited for this game when i was younger seeing as how i was obsessed with South Park, turned out to be a total piece of shit though.

Lol yes. I remember Acclaim putting out a bunch of shitty games back then.

Including this one.
9029_front.jpg

Perhaps 'Enter The Matrix' was enjoyable for some, but if you read the full preview of that EGM spread, then you were convinced that it was going to be an amazing game.

I freakin traded in my copy of Halo1 toward the purchase of it. Imagine how stupid I felt afterwards.

It was a classic example of the type of journalistic malpractice that Total Biscuit condemns on his youtube channel.

I wish I could see screenshots of that EGM preview just to enforce in my mind that is was as bad as I remember. It's been 12 years.

810_front.jpg

I actually got a lot of dumb fun out of this. I couldn't imagine going back and playing it now though.

Back