Worst Game You've Paid Full Price For ($50-$60)

WCW_Nitro_Cover.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't learn my lesson and bought this a year later.

WCW_nWo_Thunder_Coverart.png

Ahaha that game was hilarious, got many hours out of it. Don't get me wrong it was terrible and ridiculous in a lot of ways, but it was also like no other game around at the time and had a strange sort of addictive quality. I got it out of the bargain bin though.

game was quite nice, not sure why you wouldnt enjoy it

really nice gameplay, nice graphics, standard plot. not on AAA but cool game

I thought it was a piece of shit. I recall on part where it instructs you to explore some cabins but while you're in there, the NPC that you're traveling with gets to far away and you lose. So you couldn't explore the cabins like it told you to without losing.

I played that game for about 2 hours, put it back in the case and never considered it again.

D3 sucked at launch but that's it. Pretty good game now. Just very boring.

Oh shit n/m. I read that as FF8. FF13 did in fact suck and I paid full price for it.

Enter the matrix was the first game I played on pc with wsad controls. I had to play together with my brother so he could press shift for bullettime haha.

Still kind of bitter about ET and a few other Atari games. I mean, how do you fuck up Pacman and Donkey Know so bad. Expecially when my buddy had a Colecovision or however you spell it, and they looked just like the arcade games.

Enter the matrix was the first game I played on pc with wsad controls. I had to play together with my brother so he could press shift for bullettime haha.

That game had cool ideas though.. the mods played characters from the movie.. which I thought was a great idea.. unfortunately, the game sucked

In recent memory I would say SimCity 5 and SW:TOR Collectors Edition.

I think I still got my money's worth out of both games though. Gaming is an incredibly affordable hobby.

Resident Evil 6 for sure. Still don't understand how they could fuck it up so bad. It had a ton of content too, but I don't know anybody that got through more than one of the campaigns. I did two levels before I said screw it, I'm done punishing myself. Went and replayed Dead Space instead. Super underrated game imo.

Also Final Fantasy 12. Fuck that whole game. Stupid characters, crappy automated gameplay, boring mmo style world. That's the main thing it felt like, wandering an mmo by yourself in some kind of post apocalypse. And you had to open certain chests in a certain order to get the god tier weapons? Yeah fuck your cheap attempt to sell strategy guides. Man it sucked watching my favorite game series ever go to complete shit after FF6.

7oQQXj2.jpg

Complete shit. They took all the elements that made the other Def Jam games fun and turned it into a rhythmic beat em up. Complete waste of money. I was done with this after two days. Kudo Tsunoda could hype up a pile of dog shit.

In recent memory I would say SimCity 5 and SW:TOR Collectors Edition.

I think I still got my money's worth out of both games though. Gaming is an incredibly affordable hobby.

Back in my day moment for me. When I was growing up they didn't even really have a secondary market yet and there were almost never sales. And in the super nintendo era games were $70, and no internet to quickly check aggregate review scores to weed out crap games.

Now you have tons of competition in the market, tons of sales. If you're patient like me you never really have to pay full price. I buy maybe one full price game a year, but between xbox live sales amd steam sales I probably buy 20 $5 to $10 dollar games a year.

Last black friday I got shadow of mordor and the evil within for $20 each, and they had both just come out. So many crazy deals now, the best time to be a gamer EVER. There's even a bunch of small studios making retro games so you get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
7oQQXj2.jpg

Complete shit. They took all the elements that made the other Def Jam games fun and turned it into a rhythmic beat em up. Complete waste of money. I was done with this after two days. Kudo Tsunoda could hype up a pile of dog shit.

I played the demo and that was enough for me.

Watchdogs, P4P one of the most boring games I have ever played.

That game had cool ideas though.. the mods played characters from the movie.. which I thought was a great idea.. unfortunately, the game sucked

Yeah it had some cool stuff, like the hacking mode where you could unlock the sword etc

Still don't understand the hate for Final Fantasy XII. It improved the combat I think with the Gambit system. Also if you didn't want to, you didn't have to use it. It just made combat a lot more hectic. They added it to streamline the combat and make it easier if you feel overwhelmed.

Also the graphics, and music were top tier and most of the characters except for Vaan and Penelo were cool. Balthier is PFP one of the best FF characters ever. Dude is so swagabroscious he's banging a hot rabbit chick.

I mean it probably wouldn't be in my top 3 but it certainly isn't one of the "worst games I've played."

1253.gif

Game was awesome.

Ravden, I'm usually cool with you but I gotta show you this to prove my point. Game was terribad and you know it.

Last edited:
7oQQXj2.jpg

I only played the demo, but they ruined an awesome franchise with that one.

Back