Worst Airports?

Yeah its very outdated and a bit smelly, needs a lot of work done on it. Only been in it once but I remember a foul smell, like someone had done urine up the walls and it hadn't been cleaned. Also when our plane landed they kept us on board for about 35 minutes, but they didn't tell us why, no explanation at all, we didn't know what was going on, but they wouldn't open the plane door and said we have to wait 35 minutes. But we had no clue why, the flight landed on time, it was due at 11:50pm and it landed at around 11:48pm, I don't understand what was going on.. weather was very normal too. I don't think the actual flight crew knew the reasons why either, they seemed to be in contact with someone else who was telling them that.

My main issue with Honolulu Airport is the lack of a food court. The only food available is Burger King, Starbucks and Umaizushi. When I get off the plane I just wanna chill and get some decent food. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

Worst I've seem was in Spain, but I've heard the airports in India have human feces piled up on the floor.

Can you elaborate more on this im having a hard time picturing them with more than rifles on them in an airport full of people. You make it sound like they were toting javelins around or something

Ive seen them with ars at the airport but nothing super crazy

Full body armor, helmets, ARs, side arms, clips, finger in the trigger ... at the airport in Houston. I've never seen any american city patrolled by guys with that much hardware. 'da fuck?

dude, that is a major reason why i am leaving the bay! it has gone too far. i'm sad leaving the bay area, but it's time. for me, it's now better to visit this area than to live in it lol.

You know how much I loved living in San Francisco but my visit last November left me shocked. THe entire stretch of Market between Powell and the Embarcadero was loaded with homeless. They dump every garbage bin all over the side walk and the city has to clean up each morning. And let's not even talk about the aggressive bums and junkies, it's like something out of NYC in the 80s.

Pretty fucking sad.

Full body armor, helmets, ARs, side arms, clips, finger in the trigger ... at the airport in Houston. I've never seen any american city patrolled by guys with that much hardware. 'da fuck?

Me neither. Worst ive ever seen is normal lookin cops with ars but they werent decked out head to toe in battle gear. Guns dont cause me a second thought but body armor and helmets makes me wonder what kinda trouble they are expectin!

Me neither. Worst ive ever seen is normal lookin cops with ars but they werent decked out head to toe in battle gear. Guns dont cause me a second thought but body armor and helmets makes me wonder what kinda trouble they are expectin!

Probably nothing. Just Texas being Texas. The last time I was collecting my suitcase from baggage claim at IAH there was a kiosk with an "Obama as Hitler" handing out literature ... at the baggage claim. FFS.

I'm sure the Al Queda crazies were sitting in the desert thinking, "Let's take out the WTCs, The White House and Pentagon. THen let's go get the Houston airport".

Give yourself plenty of time and make no tight connections.

I'm at Heathrow Airport right now, Terminal 3, listening to a crazy lady scream "GET OFF!" by the TravelEx area.

Head down...

Wont be passing through till next May. Manila to Reykjavik; Layover is 6 hours, so not that long. Get some fish chips a couple glasses of wine and helax near my gate.

Good advice btw, I’ll be sure to save my
Mace worthy A game for the Iceland gals, prolly just mail it in with homeless crazy heathrow panhandlers.

Last edited:
Every time I've had the misfortune of experiencing the epic clusterfuck that is Paris-De Gaulle, one thought in my head kept repeating itself throughout the entirety of that experience: "We should've let the Germans keep France."

Yeah, man. I hated that place. Some of the terminals seemed like they were makeshift. The layout made zero sense. It was weird. Then, there’s just one really nice part with like a Chanel shop and some other high end shit. It’s basically that and a bunch of bungalows attaches to it.

My first trip to the states I flew into San Fran. I duno what I was expecting but it was a dump compared to my previous international airport experiences. Along with the junkies I rode alongside the bart with to get into the city I knew I was a long way from home.

San Fran. Come for the high prices.

Stay because you were murdered by a heroin addicted hobo.

LAX is terrible because it should be way better due to the size of L.A county compared to las vegas and phx our airport sucks it sucks relative to the money the county has and the size of the metro area it should be a lot better.

I’ve never had a bad experience at LAX. I always get through security pretty fast. Though last time my flight was delayed for like 3 hours because they couldn’t find a crew and eventually found a drunk crew to take the flight.

I of course prefer Burbank. But LAX is fine. Especially considering how many people it serves.

Someone mentioned Italy’s airports. I’ve only ever flown into Genoa. It was like Burbank - small and easy to navigate.

De Gaulle in Paris was the fucking worst, as stated earlier.

When I fly, I usually get to the airport a few hours early, and get a drink and maybe a meal. went to chicago recently and on the way back did the same thing with their airport: O'Haire.

That airport fucking blew. Bizzare layout. Totally crowded. Like one bar in the entire place. Security was rude.

Any other bad ones you have been to?
Lol I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought, "I bet this has to do with an experience at O'Hare".

Terrible airport.

Wont be passing through till next May. Manila to Reykjavik; Layover is 6 hours, so not that long. Get some fish chips a couple glasses of wine and helax near my gate.

Good advice btw, I’ll be sure to save my
Mace worthy A game for the Iceland gals, prolly just mail it in with homeless crazy heathrow panhandlers.

Manila to Reykjavik...Philippines Airline and Iceland Air?

I remember, more than once, I'd have some bloke or bird coming to me asking...

"How do I get to T5 from ere?"

"Cab, Underground or Heathrow Express" I'd say...

"How long?" They'd reply.

"My connection leaves in forty-five minutes. Will I make it?".

I'd nod slightly, but I'd think two things.

- They missed it. It takes ages to get to T5 departures from the reclaim hall where I worked. T5 is miles away and not remotely walkable. Even from T5 departures to the gate, it takes ages, due to security and a shuttle that goes to three different buildings.

- Why not take the connections bus instead and have your baggage checked through all the way? If you did, why the hell did you come past the border?

- I'll never get connecting flights. Direct is worth the extra money for peace of mind alone.

San Fran. Come for the high prices.

The problem with San Francisco is due in large part to income inequality. If you’re there, and you don’t make at least six figures, maybe seven, you can’t afford shit. The rest of America, as a whole, is slowly but steadily headed this direction.

Stay because you were murdered by a heroin addicted hobo.

Istanbul airport is so overcrowded it is awful. Glad i had access to the Turkish Airways business lounge.

Istanbul airport is so overcrowded it is awful. Glad i had access to the Turkish Airways business lounge.

It was but now they have the biggest airport in the world and it no longer has that problem. Plus it's quite nice compared to the previous Ataturk, was just there this past weekend.

My vote for worst probably goes to Charleroi airport or Brussels Zaventem

Probably nothing. Just Texas being Texas. The last time I was collecting my suitcase from baggage claim at IAH there was a kiosk with an "Obama as Hitler" handing out literature ... at the baggage claim. FFS.

I'm sure the Al Queda crazies were sitting in the desert thinking, "Let's take out the WTCs, The White House and Pentagon. THen let's go get the Houston airport".

IAH has one of the best food courts in the US.

houston_george_bush_intercontinental_airport_iah_restaurants.0.jpg

Back