Travel Issues? I made a round trip to no where

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
Does anyone else have bad travel stories?

I was supposed to fly from Orange County to Phoenix to New Orleans for the PowerGen (Power Generation) Conference today. Well... it started real good. I went to John Wayne airport, parked the car, got through security (TSA PreCheck), boarded the plane, the plane pushed back ON TIME about 20 yards and then.... we sat there. We sat there for 10 minutes and the Captain came on and said, 10 more minutes and we can go, that there was too much traffic over Phoenix due to Winter Weather. Then after 15 minutes that Captain stated our take off has been moved to 11:15 or some shit like that.... and we sat. Now, this is only an hour flight. We finally do take off and make it straight into Phoenix with no issues and the airport was kind of empty (travelers / planes). I'm wondering how they were backed up? Anyways we rush to out gate which is 1 minute away across from our gate and they had just shut the doors. You all know how that goes (unless you have your infant on board and you are my sister and bro in law who call the Sheriffs and claim a kidnapping and it totally works, but that's another crazy story). So no, we cannot board. We go to customer service and they tell us they can have us there at 1:15 PM tomorrow. That's a no go, the best parts of the conference are tomorrow and we will miss it. So no Bourbon Street, no great food, no hang over.... just get us on the next flight back to Orange County... and I am home by 4:30 and back now. What a waste of a day. I did learn that the off duty Stewardess sitting next to me on the return flight is fucking the Captain... so that was something.

In fairness to American Airlines, they did 100% refund me. They called it a "futile trip" as they could not get us there in time for the travel to matter.

No bad stories outside of the usual delays, which tend to overlap other stories that involve Chicago, London, and NYC. But I know the feeling of flying into empty airports, even major ones, and it makes you wonder.

I was supposed to fly from Orange County to Phoenix to New Orleans for the PowerGen (Power Generation) Conference today. Well... it started real good. I went to John Wayne airport, parked the car, got through security (TSA PreCheck), boarded the plane, the plane pushed back ON TIME about 20 yards and then.... we sat there. We sat there for 10 minutes and the Captain came on and said, 10 more minutes and we can go, that there was too much traffic over Phoenix due to Winter Weather. Then after 15 minutes that Captain stated our take off has been moved to 11:15 or some shit like that.... and we sat. Now, this is only an hour flight. We finally do take off and make it straight into Phoenix with no issues and the airport was kind of empty (travelers / planes). I'm wondering how they were backed up? Anyways we rush to out gate which is 1 minute away across from our gate and they had just shut the doors. You all know how that goes (unless you have your infant on board and you are my sister and bro in law who call the Sheriffs and claim a kidnapping and it totally works, but that's another crazy story). So no, we cannot board. We go to customer service and they tell us they can have us there at 1:15 PM tomorrow. That's a no go, the best parts of the conference are tomorrow and we will miss it. So no Bourbon Street, no great food, no hang over.... just get us on the next flight back to Orange County... and I am home by 4:30 and back now. What a waste of a day. I did learn that the off duty Stewardess sitting next to me on the return flight is fucking the Captain... so that was something.

In fairness to American Airlines, they did 100% refund me. They called it a "futile trip" as they could not get us there in time for the travel to matter.

I always found when my plans got fucked up I had a better time to be honest.
Sometimes the universe leads the way and fighting it is what causes the bad time.

Did she share favorite positions, safe words, etc?

Back