Worst Airports?

I travel a lot and Honolulu Airport is the worst in the US. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN
Yup I been to Hawaii once in 2006, that airport has many problems. I haven't been abroad enough to really experience a lot of different airports, only been abroad a few times. The airport in Kansas is one of the better ones! never had any problems in it and its always rated quite high in airport ratings. Wichita Dwight Eisenhower national airport... this is a solid airport without much drama, use that if you ever visit in Kansas

I'm French but never been to it. What is it like ?

For you, probably fine. I'm sure as a final destination de Gaulle is dandy. If you're transferring flights...

There are three main terminals, Terminal 1, 2 and 3. Here's the kicker, Terminal 3 has no fucking boarding gates, so if your ticket says "Terminal 3" you have to go to Terminal 3 where they will then tell you where you have to go to catch your next flight. And once you know that, you have to catch the shuttle to either Terminal 1 or 2. Terminal 2 has only one shuttle bus stop and it's fucking huge. It has a bunch of sub-terminals (A-G), but guess what? Terminal 2G is a satellite terminal. You need to take a shuttle bus from 2F to get to 2G. Not very amenable when the time between your flights in constrained.

Somehow, someway, I always got the shit end of the stick when it comes to transferring flights and that fucking airport.

Now, you may ask why I am I even fucking around with shuttle buses and not using the CDGVal train to navigate around the airport...

...BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN DE GAULLE AIRPORT WHEN THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT TRAIN SYSTEM WASN'T BROKEN DOWN AND OFFLINE FOR REPAIRS.

Heathrow sucks BALLS, from the layout to the actual size, people everywhere, asshole staff and aggressive middle eastern people ALL OVER.

LAX is a massive headache, JFK has the worst TSA, fucking abusive morons.

Shanghai Pudong is strict as fuck and very stand off staff.

Singapore airport is the best, amazing quality of air, bars, stores and staff.

Japan Osaka and Tokyo are both dope, very fast and easy, wicked staff, Osaka lacking in shops though.

Frankfurt and Munich can both be nightmares with lots of armed police can also be quite intimidating.

There are others but the Brits have the worst airport considering first world countries.
I used to work with a guy who had to make a business trip to Shanghai and he used Shanghai Pudong airport and he said the staff were soooooooooooo rude, incredibly rude, he said he couldn't believe how rude they were, and this guy is Chinese native born there, but he lived in Kansas since he was like 6 or 7 years old.

He said while he was there he saw many other passengers complaining and one guy was saying the security guard was poking him very hard in the neck, so weird.

I used to work with a guy who had to make a business trip to Shanghai and he used Shanghai Pudong airport and he said the staff were soooooooooooo rude, incredibly rude, he said he couldn't believe how rude they were, and this guy is Chinese native born there, but he lived in Kansas since he was like 6 or 7 years old.

He said while he was there he saw many other passengers complaining and one guy was saying the security guard was poking him very hard in the neck, so weird.
Yeah actually getting into to shanghai is a task, massive immigration lines and the staff (police) do not give a fuck about you I’ve seen numerous times they like to fuck with ABC’s and Japanese.

Very strict airport but to be fair the amount of retards that visit Shanghai is astonishing, you can’t come to a communist country and expect the #metoo movement or PC culture.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, as a German I’m well received because (unfortunately) the Chinese believe the Nazis were a righteous force, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve tried to explain to them German doesn’t mean Nazi.

Sigh

Yeah actually getting into to shanghai is a task, massive immigration lines and the staff (police) do not give a fuck about you I’ve seen numerous times they like to fuck with ABC’s and Japanese.

Very strict airport but to be fair the amount of retards that visit Shanghai is astonishing, you can’t come to a communist country and expect the #metoo movement or PC culture.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, as a German I’m well received because (unfortunately) the Chinese believe the Nazis were a righteous force, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve tried to explain to them German doesn’t mean Nazi.

Sigh
I've never been to Germany but I would love to visit, I haven't been abroad a lot to be honest... I have been too England, Switzerland, Italy, Canada. Thats it, thats all the countries I have been too abroad. I have been all over the US, pretty much every state except for a few.

I'm not getting any younger and my passport expired about 18 months ago, haven't even bothered to renew it yet, but yeah Germany is a place I'd like to visit.

I loved Switzerland, its my favorite place I have been too, Switzerland is so beautiful and clean, so so so so so so clean!!!!!, the air is so fresh too, 10/10 loved it. I could happily retire there.

I've never been to Germany but I would love to visit, I haven't been abroad a lot to be honest... I have been too England, Switzerland, Italy, Canada. Thats it, thats all the countries I have been too abroad. I have been all over the US, pretty much every state except for a few.

I'm not getting any younger and my passport expired about 18 months ago, haven't even bothered to renew it yet, but yeah Germany is a place I'd like to visit.

I loved Switzerland, its my favorite place I have been too, Switzerland is so beautiful and clean, so so so so so so clean!!!!!, the air is so fresh too, 10/10 loved it. I could happily retire there.
Those are some good countries to go to.
To be honest the US is so big and varied spending time there traveling around has many benefits.

Switzerland is awesome, not sure I could live there, the constant skiers traveling through wouldn’t be great, but they easily have the best hot chocolate.

Germany I’d say visit within the next ten years, it’s changing rapidly, very similar to the UK

Worst: Geneve, Paris Charles de Gaulles, Crete(Greece) - Heathrow once lost my luggage on my way home for Christmas incl gifts

@HI SCOTT NEWMAN lived in Zurich for 2 years and been around Switzerland a lot and most places as my hometown is not far away from Swiss and Austrian border. Always like some time there winter/summer. If ever over here especially Munich area let me know. Quality bavarian beer on me then ;)

Gotra go through there mid next year and already being warned by friends that have.

Give yourself plenty of time and make no tight connections.

I'm at Heathrow Airport right now, Terminal 3, listening to a crazy lady scream "GET OFF!" by the TravelEx area.

Head down...

I’ve only connected through LAX recently. My travel is for business and a charitable foundation except for Kinshasha which was a wedding for son of a college friend.

LAX is also an airport for celebrity spotting. I've met Ray Mancini waiting at the same gate for a flight. Cool dude.

Yup I been to Hawaii once in 2006, that airport has many problems. I haven't been abroad enough to really experience a lot of different airports, only been abroad a few times. The airport in Kansas is one of the better ones! never had any problems in it and its always rated quite high in airport ratings. Wichita Dwight Eisenhower national airport... this is a solid airport without much drama, use that if you ever visit in Kansas

Even if you go now it's like you're entering a time warp to the 70's. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

img_3906.jpg

Any airport you can’t get a beer is a shit one, if you can it’s always at least a little bit ok. Asian airports can be weird but basically every single shop sells beer so you’re good.

I think Gatwick worse than Heathrow. Both have a pretty awful layout, but Gatwick is an hour further out of London and has way more package holiday chavs to contend with. The new terminal at heathrow is actually quite nice in my experience.

The worst / best I visited was Zakynthos (Greece) in the 1990s.

That terminal building you see was just a construction site. The terminal building we used was a corregated iron shed. The passenger lounge was a corregated iron shed with no walls, on the side of the runway, right about where that alamy watermark is. They checked passports, but there was no security at all for any of our luggage.... on an international flight. Very pre-9/11.

aerial-view-on-zakynthos-island-greece-zakynthos-airport-H2NNR0.jpg

Even if you go now it's like you're entering a time warp to the 70's. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

img_3906.jpg
Yeah its very outdated and a bit smelly, needs a lot of work done on it. Only been in it once but I remember a foul smell, like someone had done urine up the walls and it hadn't been cleaned. Also when our plane landed they kept us on board for about 35 minutes, but they didn't tell us why, no explanation at all, we didn't know what was going on, but they wouldn't open the plane door and said we have to wait 35 minutes. But we had no clue why, the flight landed on time, it was due at 11:50pm and it landed at around 11:48pm, I don't understand what was going on.. weather was very normal too. I don't think the actual flight crew knew the reasons why either, they seemed to be in contact with someone else who was telling them that.

Worst: Geneve, Paris Charles de Gaulles, Crete(Greece) - Heathrow once lost my luggage on my way home for Christmas incl gifts

@HI SCOTT NEWMAN lived in Zurich for 2 years and been around Switzerland a lot and most places as my hometown is not far away from Swiss and Austrian border. Always like some time there winter/summer. If ever over here especially Munich area let me know. Quality bavarian beer on me then ;)
Man I need to take you up on that offer!!, would love that ;) . I heard the beer is really good in Germany?. Switzerland is such a awesome country, I loved it personally.. I felt so relaxed there and the air is different, its like my lungs got a cleaning while I was there.

The pastry and cakes were so yummy in Switzerland too, we visited a very old bakery and the owners were in their 80's but still working and running it, and they told us they had worked there since they were 22 years old. The pastry's they made were incredible, so delicious and fresh.

I saw a documentary last year about Germany, it was just about long train rides around Germany and seeing lots of landmarks, and I loved what I saw, it made me want to visit and its 100% on my list.

For you, probably fine. I'm sure as a final destination de Gaulle is dandy. If you're transferring flights...

There are three main terminals, Terminal 1, 2 and 3. Here's the kicker, Terminal 3 has no fucking boarding gates, so if your ticket says "Terminal 3" you have to go to Terminal 3 where they will then tell you where you have to go to catch your next flight. And once you know that, you have to catch the shuttle to either Terminal 1 or 2. Terminal 2 has only one shuttle bus stop and it's fucking huge. It has a bunch of sub-terminals (A-G), but guess what? Terminal 2G is a satellite terminal. You need to take a shuttle bus from 2F to get to 2G. Not very amenable when the time between your flights in constrained.

Somehow, someway, I always got the shit end of the stick when it comes to transferring flights and that fucking airport.

Now, you may ask why I am I even fucking around with shuttle buses and not using the CDGVal train to navigate around the airport...

...BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN DE GAULLE AIRPORT WHEN THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT TRAIN SYSTEM WASN'T BROKEN DOWN AND OFFLINE FOR REPAIRS.

Damn - that's unfortunate. I've flown into CDG maybe 10times and never had a problem. You're right though, the design of T2 is retarded.

I was 13 when on my first visit to Paris and we arrived at Terminal 1, just newly build and small. I think Orly was still the main airport then. I remember being dumbfounded by the modern design of random escalator tubes traversing the donut hole.

Andreu-CDG1-88-013.jpg

I was in GEneva a year ago. It's just a dated, but efficient, 1980s era airport. Bonus points for being next to the train station and TGV. Plus it has a Migros so I can pick up chocolates for my kids as opposed to buying $25 single bars of Lindt chocolate with a swiss flag from one of those pop up kiosks in the airport.

Back