Worse than “tapping to strikes”?

I'm calling for consistency and less bias, but you're clearly too dense to grasp what I actually said so you just automatically go to your default reaction which is emotional and personal.

I can see that this conversation has too many layers for you to follow so I'll leave it at that, but keep posting about me and obsessing, keep showing me how stupid you are.
Kid, you just got caught red handed doing exactly what you attempted to criticize others for doing.

You are a hypocrite and you don't like it.

That's all there's to it.

Keep trying.

Diaz became civilized and is smiling now instead of having mean mugs, he isn't that dude he was before.

He's mentally not in it. I'm not sure why he came back. Usually when you see old dogs coming back, they are doing so because they want to prove something. Nick didn't look like he had anything to prove. Maybe he needs the money? I have no idea.
There were hints in his interviews before the fight. He talks about people taking from him and never giving, finding out who's really on his side, stuff like that. I think he ended up with an empty bank account and the only job he has is one he doesn't want to do. After the fight he kept saying "I knew I had it coming". He knew he wasn't in real fight shape. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he fights again fairly soon. He quit as soon as he started bleeding, and I think he might be in a situation where he needs another paycheck and didn't want to have to wait for his whole face to heal.

GSP was around that age and inactive almost just as long when he came back and fought a champion in the bigger division, and not only didn't quit but won the fight.

No excuses ffs, the guy quit and it's ok to say it.
I’ve already said it …it was obvious……..Gsp also took care of himself in retirement ( 4 years isnt 7 btw ) and is a much much better fighter then Nick

let's pull this wholly unnecessary comparison out of thin air because we can't cope with the fact that a legend of the sport has substance abuse issues, likely brain damage from a career of being hit in the head, and took a fight because he needed money

-TS

What substance abuse issues?

Don't try to make excuses.
Like I said, you started with a good point. Then you showed your true color.

"This was a lot worse that BJ quitting in between rounds or GSP tapping to Serra, "

That alone shows your intention, and it's far beyond defending fighters that tapped.
Your wanted to laugh back at Nick's fans. That makes you as bad as those who laughed at GSP or BJ that you so "passionately" disagreed with.
doesn't change the fact that Nick pussied out

It's funny seeing the Diaz Nuthuggers in full damage control.

He was only suspended for 18 months, right?
Yeah, but even if it was 6 years being suspended only means you're not sanctioned to compete, but he could have done all the training he wanted so not sure why the guy even mentioned that lol.

Na - when yer done yer done...

So it goes...

I swear fer the demographic of the UFC's supposed age group. These boards and a significant number of posters are more childish than grade-schoolers.

Truly Pathetic.

Reactions: CPH
Anybody here had their nose broken during a fight, and fought on. I'll bet there aren't many.

Na - when yer done yer done...

So it goes...

I swear fer the demographic of the UFC's supposed age group. These boards and a significant number of posters are more childish than grade-schoolers.

Truly Pathetic.
Exactly my point, which is why I can't stand the bias.

We all know that if GSP got punched by Bisping, then sat down and told the ref he didn't want any more, there would be legions of haters talking about it until the end of time.

But since it's Nick Diaz he kinda gets a pass for some weird reason. If GSP does it he's a pussy, but if Nick does it he's a "genius prize fighter just playing the game", or some dumb shit like that. Always the double standard.

Diaz fans are morons. Anything the Diaz bros do will just get chalked up as the "Diaz bros being real" and will make them like them even more

Yeah it's a weird phenomenon. Diaz fans built him up as this REal FiGhTEr who never backs down and will fight everybody and never lost, just ran out of time. They chastised everybody else who won with wrestling or even submitted. Diaz takes some fight and doesn't bother to get in shape, takes a knee and gives up and now it's ok to have discretion? GTFO

I guess you could say that. Although it's just a snippet that you get to see. I doubt he neglected himself seeing he still does triathlons.

Yeah, but even if it was 6 years being suspended only means you're not sanctioned to compete, but he could have done all the training he wanted so not sure why the guy even mentioned that lol.

It's so hilarious when he got suspended, everybody protested to get the suspension reduced only for him to not fight anyway

Nick Diaz played it smart. He was done, he knew he was done so he did the smart thing and stopped fighting. It would have been stupid of him to continue on. More fighters should follow his example. It is not that tough to end your career early with brain damage because you took more of a beating than you needed to.

Kind of a dumb story but…it involves bjj and my buddy not tapping. My first professor was very traditional. He actually promoted master Rilion Gracie to black belt. Professor was drilling arm bars. My buddy on his first day of training refused to tap to an 8th degree black belt when he was in an arm bar. Instead he was being arrogant posted up off his knees and tried to stand up and shake him off. Professor Coelho made him pay for his arrogance and made the elbow pop. Stupidity does not pay off.

Last edited:
When a guy is done he is done.

People who think or say otherwise are just people who haven't come to terms with that yet, but it is a reality of combat sports.

We all love the displays of heart but there are also times when it just isn't gonna happen.

Nick COULD have sustained another 12 minutes of punishment. It is probably better that he didn't..

Back