Worse than “tapping to strikes”?

If he were a smart prize fighter, he would have gotten himself into shape like he's capable of doing to reduce the risk of taking serious damage, and he would have promoted the fight better. He's not a smart prize fighter. He's in for the lazy cash grab.

Look at his performances/record.

Look at his value.

Look at his damage.

And you think this guy isn't doing something smart in prize fighting? Okay. I'm happy to disagree.

Look at his value.

Look at his damage.

And you think this guy isn't doing something smart in prize fighting? Okay. I'm happy to disagree.
What year is it?

What you’re saying was true about 10 years ago.

Look at his value.

Look at his damage.

He didn't do anything smart to maximize his profits and minimize his risks in this fight. That's what we're talking about.

He didn't do anything smart to maximize his profits and minimize his risks in this fight.

He was the highest paid fighter and stopped when it got tough.

I think he did both things very well. He could have been battered another 2mins like some boxer after a 9-count. But he chose to minimize the damage by sitting down. And walking home with a FotN bonus

He wasn't "fine" though.
He has some type of issue with his nose (broken?), and maybe other things going on. He had enough.
In terms of real fight damage, he was fine. We've seen hundreds of fighters way more fucked up and carry on

First of all I got no problem with a fighter tapping to a submission, tapping to strikes, verbally quitting, not answering the bell for the next round, etc… I have always said that when a fighter is done he knows it and there is no need to take more punishment than needed.

Of course there is a good percentage of the sherdog meathead army who will try tell you that you’re a pussy if you tap to strikes that could potentially brain damage or kill you, but you’re still a G if you tap to someone twisting your toe.

Now I would imagine that most of these meatheads are also Nick Díaz fan girls, it just seems like the type that would be, the same crowd that likes to shit on GSP for tapping against Serra.

Now I don’t mind Nick, I was kinda hoping to see him do better, but I thought it was kinda funny that he ends up verbally quitting to the ref despite clearly being able to continue.

The tapping to strikes crowds main argument is that if you’re able to tap you’re obviously not out and you should still be in there trying to defend yourself. So what about when you’re fine, your opponent has backed away and given you all the space to recover, and you just tell the ref you don’t want anymore?

This was a lot worse that BJ quitting in between rounds or GSP tapping to Serra, yet I don’t see many meatheads calling it out cause it’s Nick Díaz.

{<Scared}

Be honest, was that not even worse than tapping to strikes by your own just bleed shertard metric?
I think you proved to everyone how much of an hypocrite you are...

Because you start by defending fighters who tap to strike only to show your GSP Fanboy badge and then laugh at Nick for quitting.

I mean, it must be liberating to be able to make fun about him quitting same as people made fun of GSP... but it just makes you exactly the same as those who laughed at you.

I would have respected you more if you didn't feel the need to rub it in and lessen your point to this petty payback.

he also wasted the last 8 years of his career doing nothing while a smart fighter would have capitalized on his prime fighting age and made a lot more.

Like Rory MacDonald?

I think there is a strong argument, Diaz did himself a good favor, protecting his brand and waiting for pay days, instead of trying to fight his way into one, and being exposed by a non-star.

I think you proved to everyone how much of an hypocrite you are...

Because you start by defending fighters who tap to strike only to show your GSP Fanboy badge and then laugh at Nick for quitting.

I mean, it must be liberating to be able to make fun about him quitting same as people made fun of GSP... but it just makes you exactly the same as those who laughed at you.

I would have respected you more if you didn't feel the need to rub it in and lessen your point to this petty payback.
l can tell by your response that you didn't actually read what I said, or if you did your mind ignored logic and plugged straight into your emotions.

I'm not bashing Nick, I made it clear I like Nick, and I'm not even a big GSP fan.

My point should have been obvious to anyone that took a minute to read what I'm saying, my point is that every fighter should be held to the same standard, and if you have crowd of meatheads who will shit on GSP for quitting, those same meatheads should be just as hard on Diaz for doing it.

But we all know most people have a double standard and will look for any excuse to shit on the fighter they dislike, but look the other way when it's their favorite.

It was belated but Diaz realized that Robbie Lawler isn't a guy you wanna fight off a long layoff, that he wasn't up to the task of fighting a clearly motivated, won't stop coming Lawler, though why he wouldn't prepare properly for him I don't understand. Robbie Lawler has never not been down to fight, Diaz should know that both from having fought him and his career, and I think, maybe, the years off civilized that beast in Nick Diaz.

Nick clearly quit ….He’s 10 years past his prime and givin us so many wars over the years ….so I’m gonna let it slide and still look at Nick as the warrior that fought Wars against , Gomi , Daley , Sanchez etc …..Just an old fighter that needed a payday ….No hate here

l can tell by your response that you didn't actually read what I said, or if you did your mind ignored logic and plugged straight into your emotions.

I'm not bashing Nick, I made it clear I like Nick, and I'm not even a big GSP fan.

My point should have been obvious to anyone that took a minute to read what I'm saying, my point is that every fighter should be held to the same standard, and if you have crowd of meatheads who will shit on GSP for quitting, those same meatheads should be just as hard on Diaz for doing it.

But we all know most people have a double standard and will look for any excuse to shit on the fighter they dislike, but look the other way when it's their favorite.
One guy was 26 years old in his prime and the other was 39 punch drunk and hadn’t fought in 7 years ….. context is key and I think you know that

Like Rory MacDonald?

I think there is a strong argument, Diaz did himself a good favor, protecting his brand and waiting for pay days, instead of trying to fight his way into one, and being exposed by a non-star.
So I don't understand your argument... you're saying Nick is a genius prize fighter, because he didn't get into any prize fights and didn't take any damage or make any money during all that time?

And he didn't need to fight a "non star" LOL, if he was this smart prize fighter you claim he could have easily talked his way into a Conor or a Masvidal fight, avenge his brother, Nick Diaz comeback, etc... it would have been huge, and it would have been a few years ago so Nick would have been younger.

If anything the guy is pretty stupid for wasting the final 10 years of his career when he had a big name and could have made big coin like his brother.

Back